CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cocky0
Spurticus
gamecockgal
JaxcockFL
b381l
75CarolinaFan
2000grad
JohnnyB21
SwampFox
Gamecocks1137
Gurley or Davis (1633)
Lattimore Sidelined (1632)
Steve Spurrier - Say (1183)
A house just blew up (603)
South Carolina Footb (517)
Marines confront fak (337)
Man Murders neighbor (232)
Ever been to Monaco? (148)
2014-15 Premier Leag (142)
Kick e'm Horns! (141)
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
college football match up
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Gators brag on Clowney
Ryan Wood leaving P&C
Gurley or Davis
Southern Miss player char
Name a Gamecock
Official SEC Network and

Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #41
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Playing Injured (Spurrier comments)

I just tweeted that Gamecock Nation has total confidence in Connor. If anyone else on here is on twitter, retweet it and let's publicly show Connor we have faith in him.

@MJsTopShelf
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #42
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

connor has been injured all year. he hurt himself lifting weights in the off season and then he thought it would be good put dylan thomspon on his back and run up the williams brice stairs.

then he gets a helmet to the upper back in the vandy game and gets himself a fracture. since he doesnt want to go through that pain again he decides it would better serve him too run for it rather than wait on the porous offensive line to allow a guy to kill him.

later on in the year he gets his ankle fractured. and then, because he is so damn tough mentally he tells his coaches his ankle is fine when it wasnt. now he has not even practiced yet this week. the week before a damn clemsun game.

with all that, the guy is still carrying us to victory after victory. i say he plays on one darn leg if he has to. somehow he will win.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #43
blakngarnit50
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
blakngarnit50 has hatched from the shell

no.14 is a true soldier in every aspect of the word.he without a doubt has a megaheart,and will help us win this game on saturday.pain is not an issue for him.just want to see him have fun.and for dabo....to many weapons....to much d,but hey...thanks for comin,boss.
blakngarnit50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #44
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1TheBeast View Post
Do people not realize that we were tied at the start of the 4th quarter?
We played like we didn't care for three quarters. Someone said lets get this over and they did. Hard defensive hits and strips can work wonders.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #45
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Seems to me that the players job is to inform the coach he is hurt but try to play as best he can. The coach is the one who has to determine if the guy's best, while hurt, is better than anyone else's contribution. Can't think of this as being selfish at all. NOT telling Spurrier at all, that would've been selfish.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #46
cocky2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 100796
cocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervouscocky2007 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
he thought it would be good put dylan thomspon on his back and run up the williams brice stairs.
You realize that never happened and that was a gag, right?
cocky2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #47
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

Completely unselfish. He wants to help his team win and he knows that our best chance against any opponent is with him at QB.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #48
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

If some of you people really think the Wofford game is the best this team has to offer you clearly didnt watch much football this season.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #49
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
We've got to stop treating Dylan like he's chopped liver and we're afraid to put him in the game. I have every confidence he can compete at a high level whenever we need him.

Connor needs to heal.

I don't get why coach was acting so surprised that Connor was really hurting. I saw him hobble right past coach and a blind man could have seen that he was in pain. There were also multiple instances where we saw him "hop" right after reaggravating it for the umpteenth time.
I'm not going to say the Dylan won't become a very good QB but he's not there yet. I still see him trying too hard to make things happen like all good young QBs. I do like the fact that he can see over his OL better than CS and can throw a long pass better but he also has to warm up before he does that. At this point in time CS gives the team some options which Dylan doesn't such his ability to make the defense make a read before defending. Dylan doesn't scare anyone with his ability to run and with our OL we need that. Anyway the HBC will know when to make a change.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #50
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

He shouldn't have played against wofford. Didn't even feel good about him playing against Missouri or seeing him coming in and out against Vanderbilt. There's being a warrior and then there is being stubborn and/or selfish.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #51
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Connor is unselfish, which is very refreshing after the Garcia trilogy.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #52
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky2007 View Post
You realize that never happened and that was a gag, right?

Not true man, I've got a pic to prove it:

Old 11-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #53
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

I think he needs to bring back "The Glove" this weekend for the slaying of the tiggers.

Problem solved. Do not question The Glove.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #54
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
connor has been injured all year. he hurt himself lifting weights in the off season and then he thought it would be good put dylan thomspon on his back and run up the williams brice stairs.

then he gets a helmet to the upper back in the vandy game and gets himself a fracture. since he doesnt want to go through that pain again he decides it would better serve him too run for it rather than wait on the porous offensive line to allow a guy to kill him.

later on in the year he gets his ankle fractured. and then, because he is so damn tough mentally he tells his coaches his ankle is fine when it wasnt. now he has not even practiced yet this week. the week before a damn clemsun game.

with all that, the guy is still carrying us to victory after victory. i say he plays on one darn leg if he has to. somehow he will win.
Didn't work out in Baton Rouge or Gainesville.

If we don't dominate the game in the trences, we will be forced to throw the ball down field this week. We just might see both qb's this weekend.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #55
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

From what G.A. said last night DT has gotten about 90% of the reps this week during practice. If Shaw isn't playing up to par or feels the need to come ot then I'm confident in DT. I know GA said he is mentally ready, I believe it.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #56
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
From what G.A. said last night DT has gotten about 90% of the reps this week during practice. If Shaw isn't playing up to par or feels the need to come ot then I'm confident in DT. I know GA said he is mentally ready, I believe it.
Shaw without his legs is like a dylan without a cannon...which he has still.