CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
A. Pilgrim
b381l
gamecockgal
markp_vip
DTGCOCKS#32
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
gadeneer1986
Order 66
B-G
uniforms saturday (1863)
Vandy Fans (1376)
Neat statistic bruhh (1282)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Watch ESPN3 regional (464)
Women of the SEC Ran (421)
Cardinal's Jonathan (382)
King - South Carolin (321)
No Vandy Predictions (257)
tailgating canopy on (218)
Auburn looks beatable
Verne lundquist
**official Vandy predicti
uniforms saturday
Three young corners progr
ESPN reporter adding to t
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
The SEC East schedule fro
King - South Carolina vs

Old 11-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #81
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 23008950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chad Morris to Arkansas

I've done work for Arky. Their facilities are on par with the top programs in the country, far better than ours or the taters.
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #82
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Case in point, Arkansas can do a whole lot better

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #83
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 23008950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Chad Morris would crawl through glass, tonight, for that job.
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #84
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonyg View Post
no one is saying you guys don't have nice facilities. i am just saying that they aren't light years ahead of the gamecock's

who said they are light years ahead?

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #85
ClintonGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3200
ClintonGamecock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
So just because a stadium is bigger that makes it better? I'm not saying that Brice isn't better, but it ain't by much.
No. I don't like the layout of Razorback stadium compared to Williams Brice. Not a fan of the open endzone even though you have a great videoboard. I also favor the ramps at the Brice to the zig zag zteps at Arkansas. I'm not saying the Arkansas stadium is bad. I'm just defending the idea that Arkansas is light years ahead of Carolina. I'm not saying the stadium is all of the facilities but it is part of it and in my opinion a big and important part.
ClintonGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #86
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonGamecock View Post
No. I don't like the layout of Razorback stadium compared to Williams Brice. Not a fan of the open endzone even though you have a great videoboard. I also favor the ramps at the Brice to the zig zag zteps at Arkansas. I'm not saying the Arkansas stadium is bad. I'm just defending the idea that Arkansas is light years ahead of Carolina. I'm not saying the stadium is all of the facilities but it is part of it and in my opinion a big and important part.

Then you should say, "I don't like Razorback stadium, I like Brice better". In your best unbiased voice of course.

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #87
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

chad morris isnt proven as a head couch... ok well maybe in high school...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #88
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I'm told that taternet is reporting this is a done deal. I don't go to that site, so I don't know if its true.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #89
CockyMBA
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcock View Post
They're not my team. 30 years ago? They played in a BCS bowl in 2010 and finished #5 in the country last year. They won 10 games in 06. Yes, they have a ton of money in Northwest Arkansas, Wal Mart, Tyson, JB Hunt, Dillards, Jim Lindsey, Jerry Jones, forbes listed them as the 8th most valuable program in college football last year. Do your homework, and please keep up.
Statistically speaking, between 2006-2011 revenue between Arky & USC athletic departments are close. $91 mil (Arky) to $83 mil (USC).

$8 million difference, but factor in that Arkansas has the benefit of that BCS bowl appearance (although I think much of that money is shared with conference) and several wealthy billionaire boosters...I think the fact that USC is not that far off is remarkable.

SOURCE: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ase/54955804/1
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #90
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

A couple years ago we were in the top ten most valuable college football programs. Right up there with Tex, ND, BAMA. Ill try to find that again and share
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #91
thegreatord
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2700
thegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcock View Post
They're not my team. 30 years ago? They played in a BCS bowl in 2010 and finished #5 in the country last year. They won 10 games in 06. Yes, they have a ton of money in Northwest Arkansas, Wal Mart, Tyson, JB Hunt, Dillards, Jim Lindsey, Jerry Jones, forbes listed them as the 8th most valuable program in college football last year. Do your homework, and please keep up.
still not telling me about this awesome hog history in football........ USC and Arky have been pretty even in the 2000's. UT is one of the most winning teams in history(it pains me to say it). that is a rich football history. Arky is not(sorry Hog, I like you though bud). having money and how you spend it are two different things. please try and keep up.

Here is the crap you are talking about from forbes:
The biggest change since 2009 belongs to eighth-ranked University of Arkansas, whose football program climbed 59% in value over the past two years. Several key factors influenced this growth. The first is that Arkansas played in the Sugar Bowl last year, securing the SEC an $18 million payout. Arkansas also added another revenue stream in the form of the “Southwest Classic” rivalry game with Texas A&M. The century-old rivalry was reintroduced two seasons ago after an 18-year hiatus and has generated additional revenue for both teams. Finally, Arkansas increased ticket prices by $10 for SEC games and introduced a new seating equity plan that increased contribution levels for premium seating. The new seating plan is reported to have brought in an additional $6.5 million.

the year before that, Arky actually generated less then SC in football money........ again, please try and keep up. Just because there are companies in those areas, it dosent mean they are giving to football......

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!
thegreatord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #92
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
A couple years ago we were in the top ten most valuable college football programs. Right up there with Tex, ND, BAMA. Ill try to find that again and share
Right after Spurrier came we went from like 84th to 8th or something crazy like that. I believe it was in USA Today or Bloomberg maybe

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #93
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
I'm told that taternet is reporting this is a done deal. I don't go to that site, so I don't know if its true.
If this were true, there would at least be some of rumbling of it on twitter by actual journalists.

Have seen nothing.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #94
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

If he needs to for his resume', Morris could always claim 2 years at clemsux. Somebody needs to coach that bunch for Yabbado.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #95
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
If this were true, there would at least be some of rumbling of it on twitter by actual journalists.

Have seen nothing.
Was just lurking on taternet and saw nothing of this rumor there. But, I might just start one!
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #96
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by i29gman View Post
Was just lurking on taternet and saw nothing of this rumor there. But, I might just start one!
Then I apologize that you had to to over there.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #97
bustedcock
Walk On

Female

bustedcock has feathers coming inbustedcock has feathers coming inbustedcock has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatord View Post
still not telling me about this awesome hog history in football........ USC and Arky have been pretty even in the 2000's. UT is one of the most winning teams in history(it pains me to say it). that is a rich football history. Arky is not(sorry Hog, I like you though bud). having money and how you spend it are two different things. please try and keep up.

Here is the crap you are talking about from forbes:
The biggest change since 2009 belongs to eighth-ranked University of Arkansas, whose football program climbed 59% in value over the past two years. Several key factors influenced this growth. The first is that Arkansas played in the Sugar Bowl last year, securing the SEC an $18 million payout. Arkansas also added another revenue stream in the form of the “Southwest Classic” rivalry game with Texas A&M. The century-old rivalry was reintroduced two seasons ago after an 18-year hiatus and has generated additional revenue for both teams. Finally, Arkansas increased ticket prices by $10 for SEC games and introduced a new seating equity plan that increased contribution levels for premium seating. The new seating plan is reported to have brought in an additional $6.5 million.

the year before that, Arky actually generated less then SC in football money........ again, please try and keep up. Just because there are companies in those areas, it dosent mean they are giving to football......
They are all significant contributors. It's obvious that they started winning and money started funneling in. IF, big if, but if they can replace Petrino adequately then they are one of the richest programs in the country. If their AD doesn't well then they'll probably still be in the top 25. They are a top 25 winning program in the history of college football, Carolina on the other hand just got above .500 for their programs history. It's really not even debatable about who has the better program guys. I do believe and I could be wrong but they just put together a 300 million plus in renovations that are currently taking place.
bustedcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #98
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
I saw it too. I was shocked but who am I to doubt t.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #99
bustedcock
Walk On

Female

bustedcock has feathers coming inbustedcock has feathers coming inbustedcock has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilson View Post
Oh, now that explains where Petrino got the cash for the broad.
He was one of the top 5 or so highest paid coaches in America. He didn't need "boosters money" to pay Jessica anything.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #100
bustedcock
Walk On

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Don't know what team you cheer for but it's obvious you have a ridiculous bias against USC.
I don't have a ridiculous bias against Carolina. I just know football. You not being able to face facts says that you're the one with the garnet glasses on. I follow several football teams across the country Carolina, Arkansas, Clemson, OU, Oklahoma State, aTm, just to name a few. I like them all and love none of them.