CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
PageUSC
QCB
KaneisAble
Regalcock
taylorssc
markp_vip
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
kick_ball
Our Defense? (2093)
Fight, win, kick a-- (888)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (793)
CFN prediction for a (716)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (486)
What happened to thi (433)
A simple defensive l (404)
Why I'm hopeful abou (402)
This is War (399)
Ranking Top HC jobs (385)
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Media tabs South Carolina
Ranking the SEC Football
Texas athletic director:
The Gator Bowl wants us!
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Five Upstate High School
A simple defensive line &

Old 06-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #61
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brees Frustrated over 19 million per year?

I wouldn't sign a franchise tag either. I'd walk if I were him. There's probably 10 or 15 teams that will gladly make a long term deal happen for him.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #62
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
How did that work out for Miami? And since when has Culpepper ever been better than Brees?
00-04

Daunte was coming off a major knee injury and Brees a Shoulder after the 04 season

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #63
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
00-04

Daunte was coming off a major knee injury and Brees a Shoulder after the 04 season
I would never have taken Dante over Brees. I was quite pissed that the panthers didn't make a run at Brees when all that went down.

Last edited by cockinraleigh; 06-07-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #64
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Yup. Which is why the Dolphins signed Culpepper instead. That and because at the time, Culpepper was the better quarterback. People seem to forget that in retrospect. Just like when people say that Petrino is a job hopper. He went to the Falcons under the impression that he was going to get to work with Vick and mold him like he did with Brian Brohm. Instead, Vick got impounded, and he was stuck with Chris Redman and Joey Harrington and a skeleton team around them. They job wasn't what he expected so hetook a better one. It worked out for Arkansas, Petrino, and Atlanta - at least until Bobby went full it doesn't matter, had sex on the entire Razorback program.

Culpepper was never the better QB. Culpepper just had Moss and anyone who actually watched him play could see that.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #65
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

CockyCash: 500
JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

I wonder why Aaron Rodgers isn't complaining about money and trying to get a better deal even though he's the best QB in the league? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's NOT A FREE AGENT. When it's time for him to negotiate a new deal or extension, he'll be the highest payed player.

Brees will be the highest paid player for 2 reasons: fair market value and inflation. He's roughly on par with Brady and Peyton and he's signing the most recent contract, therefore he'll be the highest paid of the 3 (until Arod gets a new contract)... it's that simple.

All of this is posturing anyways. Guess when these deals get done? At the deadline. When is the deadline? Not today or this week but late July when training camp starts. Until training camp starts all of the talk about Saints and Brees and what he's 'holding out' for doesn't mean a thing.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #66
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

CockyCash: 500
JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Brees isn't perfect but if he were as greedy and classless as some of the delusional Panther fans want to make him out to be, he would've held out for a new deal years ago.

I'm pretty sure most would agree that he is and has been worth more than the 6 yr $60 million contract he's had since he signed with the team.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #67
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I'd take Brees over Daunte too in that time, I was just saying what Ronnie Boy was thinking.

#LukeForMod

Last edited by I Bleed Garnet; 06-07-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #68
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Brees doesn't want to stay in NO and is looking for an out.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #69
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGamecock5 View Post
You would take Brady but don't hold him responsible for spygate? Some how though Brees is held responsible for the bounties? That every team does. Nice logic.
Thats not really fair to state that every team does it.
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #70
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

In reality this is his one shot for a big pay day, and he has shown to be worth it. Ranked 1st in DYAR last season, 5th in 2010, 4th in 2009, 1st in 2008, 5th in 2007.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #71
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I'll explain it to you plain and simple why Drew Brees is asking for this much. The answer is the 300+ million people in America.

The prices to get season tickets and a seat license is waaay out of my income level. Yet the stadiums have a bunch of fans there watching the games. Cha ching

Merchandise sold Cha ching.

Tv station contracts Cha ching.

If you want him to ask for 9 or 10 million instead of 21, then one of these things above will have to be wiped out.

Do these athletes make too much money? yes its true they do, I honestly think no one is worth more then a mil a year, but that is my opinion.

The people who own their team makes too much money also.(reason athletes are getting payed a lot more now is when they figured out how much money their team owners were pulling in)
Your not on here talking about how much the team owners make. It's the way things are now. If you want to change it, see how many people you can stop from going to the games, buying merchandise, and if you have any connections with the tv networks for them to not sign a contract with the NFL. Then athletes will get payed less. Until then there's nothing that's going to change. It's the Free market plain and simple.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #72
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Culpepper was never the better QB. Culpepper just had Moss and anyone who actually watched him play could see that.
boom!!! i support this post

for someone to say Culpepper was better than Brees at that time is crazy
Old 06-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #73
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post
In reality this is his one shot for a big pay day, and he has shown to be worth it. Ranked 1st in DYAR last season, 5th in 2010, 4th in 2009, 1st in 2008, 5th in 2007.
Those numbers are like the BCS!!!! A Joke!!!!

Breesus is gonna get his head crushed by defenses be-cuz of bounty gate!!!!!
Taints****** gonna get the death penalty or move to LA!!!!

#LukeForMod

Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #74
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I'm sorry you don't make 19 million dollars a year Spurrier_Superior_One.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #75
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
I'm sorry you don't make 19 million dollars a year Spurrier_Superior_One.
And this is what it comes down to with most criticism. People will put it in different ways but it comes down to pure jealousy.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #76
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Brees donated $1 million to Hurricane Sandy relief.
I guess he's not classless anymore

#LukeForMod

Old 11-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #77
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Brees donated $1 million to Hurricane Sandy relief.
I guess he's not classless anymore
Good for him

Although I'm sure cleaning up his image contributed a little to that
Old 11-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #78
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

A million is a real loss for that bounty defender. No amount of money is going to repair the image from bountygate. Hopefully he gets the Chris Simms treatment.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote