CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
jebodiah
b381l
Gamecock in TX
Acockolypse Now
cockycrazy2001
jellafever
Cockypantherfan
Vote for Browns star (3046)
texags (2553)
Shaw Lighting Up Bro (2219)
2016 Commitment - Ja (1807)
Preparing for the sm (1436)
Connor Shaw intervie (876)
Gameday Garnet Polo (717)
Aggie Statistics (688)
Clowney (688)
They are coming to y (488)
They are coming to your c
What would be your defini
texags
Vote for Browns starting
QB Kenny Hill named start
Gameday Garnet Polo
Preparing for the smash r
Clowney
Aggie Statistics
Connor Shaw interviewed a

Old 11-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #21
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material
Default Re: NCAA is trying to black mail Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
So you agree that the university/players not doing that is very suspicious?
Dont know what to believe. Look at the accuser. Look at USC. Reggie Bush got away with murder and the current regime and players are getting screwed just like Penn St. Atleast we didnt hide stuff like tOSU.

The NCAA is the most corrupt system. They do what they want. Just look at Auburn. Could the NCAA be trying to screw Miami so more south florida recruits go to the SEC? You cant answer that with honesty.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #22
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA954BADBOY View Post
Dont know what to believe. Look at the accuser. Look at USC. Reggie Bush got away with murder and the current regime and players are getting screwed just like Penn St. Atleast we didnt hide stuff like tOSU.

The NCAA is the most corrupt system. They do what they want. Just look at Auburn. Could the NCAA be trying to screw Miami so more south florida recruits go to the SEC? You cant answer that with honesty.
You are deflecting.

The only people who don't think Miami is guilty of the accusations and stories are Miami fans.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #23
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Wasn't a Miami Basketball coach in that Yahoo report too?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #24
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
You are deflecting.

The only people who don't think Miami is guilty of the accusations and stories are Miami fans.
If you want to believe that. BTW isnt USCjr on probation? Are you saying the NCAA is doing the right thing? Cmon man. We suspended Dequan Jones last year for Shapiro claiming he paid 10,000 dollars for his commitment only to find out it was false. Shapiro said he had something to do with us recruiting John Wall. Like we had a chance to recruit him.

Whats sad is you can put our former players under oath and punish them if they lie. If Shapiro lies under oath what does he have to lose.

This is a very ugly situation. If the NCAA was smart just let us move along.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #25
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Wasn't a Miami Basketball coach in that Yahoo report too?
Yep. He's coaching Missouri.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #26
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Yes we were guilty and wrong and now facing our punishment

#LukeForMod

Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #27
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Yes we were guilty and wrong and now facing our punishment
And what punishment is that?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #28
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
And what punishment is that?
3 years probation, 3 scholarships lost and only 30 official visits this recruiting season (reduced from 56)

#LukeForMod

Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
3 years probation, 3 scholarships lost and only 30 official visits this recruiting season (reduced from 56)
And how does that hurt?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #30
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
If you want to believe that. BTW isnt USCjr on probation? Are you saying the NCAA is doing the right thing? Cmon man. We suspended Dequan Jones last year for Shapiro claiming he paid 10,000 dollars for his commitment only to find out it was false. Shapiro said he had something to do with us recruiting John Wall. Like we had a chance to recruit him.

Whats sad is you can put our former players under oath and punish them if they lie. If Shapiro lies under oath what does he have to lose.

USCjr?

And you have a Gamecock avatar?
F'in poser.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #31
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
And how does that hurt?
If we get in trouble again while on probation that makes us a repeat offender.
26 less official visits speaks for itself.
And 3 less scholarships is at a disadvantage to everyone that has 85.

Don't know where you're going with this one.
Our crime was not nearly as bad as your alleged crime.

#LukeForMod

Old 11-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #32
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
If we get in trouble again while on probation that makes us a repeat offender.
SC was already a repeat offender, but since the did everything to help the NCAA they were benevolent.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #33
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Reading this post pretty much explains all anyone needs to know about you. Keep on apologizing and making excuses for the most corrupt and low class football program ever run.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #34
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

If Miami is not guilty of all/most claims against them, then it only makes since for them to provide legitimate evidence to support their innocence as soon as possible......not doing so only reinforces the NCAA's allegations against them. Miami's football program is on life support now. Once all the facts about them are made public, I suspect they're football program will be a southern version of Penn St II.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #35
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Miami is NOT cooperating except for self-imposed sanctions that they hope will be enough along with disparaging Shapiro. The NCAA has more on Miami than just Shapiro's claims, since they have testimony from some of his "hired hands" and detailed notes and records. I was born and raised in Miami, have followed the program for over 40 years, been on the campus many times, and have heard about rampant cheating there for as long as I can remember.

The USC got in trouble for providing extra tutoring, rides to class for a player, and "trumped up" charges of low cost housing for a few players that was deemed an extra benefit. None of those problems were used to entice recruits to join The USC's program.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #36
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Bah, serves them right from stealing our National Championship in 1983 :P
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #37
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
, I suspect they're football program will be a southern version of Penn St II.
Not even close.

#LukeForMod

Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #38
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not even close.
If the allegations against them prove to be true, and the fact they have been reluctant to cooperate, they could lose 5-7 scholarships over 5-7 years, and prohibited from playing in post season games. It could take their program over a decade to recover, if at all. With their football program already trending down and probably losing millions each year, wouldn't surprise me if they dropped football.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #39
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If the allegations against them prove to be true, and the fact they have been reluctant to cooperate, they could lose 5-7 scholarships over 5-7 years, and prohibited from playing in post season games. It could take their program over a decade to recover, if at all. With their football program already trending down and probably losing millions each year, wouldn't surprise me if they dropped football.
I don't think you can compare anyone to Penn State.

It's also two completely different programs.

Miami was not very valuable and this will pretty much put a fork in them.
Penn State won't die, too large of a fan base.

#LukeForMod

Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #40
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
I don't think you can compare anyone to Penn State.

It's also two completely different programs.

Miami was not very valuable and this will pretty much put a fork in them.
Penn State won't die, too large of a fan base.
I was comparing how devastating the punishments will be to both schools....I wasn't referring to Sandusky....."hey teacher, leave them kids alone."

Penn St is going to pay millions, maybe even a billion, for their part in the Sandusky scandal. Those lawsuits are going to be huge.