CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
doubledribble
kingofnerf
ccured
Fight, win, kick a-- (1355)
Why I'm hopeful abou (989)
The Gator Bowl wants (978)
CFN prediction for a (924)
USC will upset Aubur (794)
A simple defensive l (778)
In-state QB talent (574)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (363)
SEC Debate: Best can (349)
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
Cann tipping plays?

Old 11-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #81
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who will be the next to join the SEC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Virginia Tech
NC State
Louisville

Florida State and Clemson will never be members, because Carolina, Florida and UGA have a pact to not vote them in...
I believe Kentucky is also included in this pact to keep Louisville out. Same goes with Georgia-Georgia Tech.

The next members (if the SEC expands) will be:

Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Virginia-hasn't been mentioned here, but they bring a lot to the table with academics, and athletics aren't too bad either (compared to their ACC opposition).

Oklahoma State and Oklahoma won't happen, as they are a package deal, and the division split would be fairly difficult by adding both..meaning, you would split a lot of rivals. I think expanding up the East coast would be next.

If the SEC does end up expanding to 16 teams, we get 2 divisions with 8 teams each. (I think) Missouri moves to the west, and the 2 new members will be in the East. Each team will play 8 games, their 7 division opponents, plus their 1 "rival" from the other division. This makes the most sense.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #82
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

since we are guessing... Oklahoma and Duke.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #83
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

VT and NC State are the primary targets, whether they are willing and able or not is the question

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #84
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

If you believe the ACC is on life support, like I do, then UNC will go to the SEC.
They are by far the most valuable school in the ACC. I think having Missouri and A&M join the SEC which are AAU academic schools, this opens the door for UNC. Not sure about UVA....I think they and VaTech are a package, much like Oklahoma and Okla St. Duke should go to the Big 10. They're nothing more than a private school filled with yankees that just happens to be in the south.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:10 AM   #85
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If you believe the ACC is on life support, like I do, then UNC will go to the SEC.
They are by far the most valuable school in the ACC. I think having Missouri and A&M join the SEC which are AAU academic schools, this opens the door for UNC. Not sure about UVA....I think they and VaTech are a package, much like Oklahoma and Okla St. Duke should go to the Big 10. They're nothing more than a private school filled with yankees that just happens to be in the south.
I dont think UNC will ever leave Duke or the ACC though. I think North carolina state is bound for the SEC and west virginia joins after vatech refues to part with uva
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #86
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

So 'IF" UNC comes our way, do we then have 3 rival games Clemson-North Carolina- Mizzou? I include MO because the "Columbia" connection, and the trophy!
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #87
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

I say VT and NC State, though what ever the decide, I hope that they move Auburn to the East. I'm tired of the West. I want to play our rivals again.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #88
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I hope no one.

I'm not a fan of any more expansion at all and possibly watering down or complicating what is already a beautiful thing. Don't expand for the sake of expanding.

It's like a diamond...if everyone had them, they wouldn't be very valuable.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #89
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
It's like a diamond...if everyone had them, they wouldn't be very valuable.
They're not even that rare, in comparison to some colored stones. The big companies keep an absurd amount locked away in vaults and slowly introduce them to the market when demand is high.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #90
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
UNC and Duke run the ACC I don't think they bolt at all.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #91
fns2020
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
fns2020 has hatched from the shell

If we were to expand, why do we need to have a "rival' from the west? Could we just play each west division team on rotating years? Who needs a west "rival" when we have UGA and Pickens Tech.
fns2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #92
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
UNC and Duke run the ACC I don't think they bolt at all.
A week ago, I would have agreed with you. But with MD leaving, the dominos will start falling. I've read a couple of insider blogs (Although you never know how much truth is included in them). If the Big 12 offers FSU and the taters, the ACC is all but gone.....there won't be enough money there to keep the other teams. The only thing in doubt after that will be where UNC, Duke, NC St, VA, VA Tech, GaTech go. The smart money says NC St and VaTech will go to the SEC, but I'm not so sure. I believe the SEC will go after the top team being UNC. From a financial standpoint, the SEC will probably only want one team from NC and VA. Taking 2 teams from the same state is financially dilutive. It will definitely be interesting how all this plays out. It's clear the 4 strongest conferences only want 65-80 teams to be included in the big bowls and national championship.

I look at it this way, six months ago, would any of us have thought Md leaves the ACC for the Big 10.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #93
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
A week ago, I would have agreed with you. But with MD leaving, the dominos will start falling. I've read a couple of insider blogs (Although you never know how much truth is included in them). If the Big 12 offers FSU and the taters, the ACC is all but gone.....there won't be enough money there to keep the other teams. The only thing in doubt after that will be where UNC, Duke, NC St, VA, VA Tech, GaTech go. The smart money says NC St and VaTech will go to the SEC, but I'm not so sure. I believe the SEC will go after the top team being UNC. From a financial standpoint, the SEC will probably only want one team from NC and VA. Taking 2 teams from the same state is financially dilutive. It will definitely be interesting how all this plays out. It's clear the 4 strongest conferences only want 65-80 teams to be included in the big bowls and national championship.

I look at it this way, six months ago, would any of us have thought Md leaves the ACC for the Big 10.
To be quite honest when the ACC jacked the exit fee to $50 million I was sure no one would want to spend that kind of money to leave. Boy was I wrong.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #94
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I've heard that that exit fee isn't even "real"

somehow Maryland will get out of it.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #95
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I've heard that that exit fee isn't even "real"

somehow Maryland will get out of it.
I've heard they'll negotiate it down to 30 million.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #96
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'd rather have ECU than North Carolina.

I wish them nothing but irrelevancy.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #97
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

I hope we keep it at 14 though. Getting a school from NC and VA would hamper our ability to recruit NC and the NE
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #98
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post

Florida State and Clemson will never be members, because Carolina, Florida and UGA have a pact to not vote them in...
Im not sure about that pact stuff, but financially it makes no sense for the SEC to chase tv markets they already own.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #99
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
I hope we keep it at 14 though. Getting a school from NC and VA would hamper our ability to recruit NC and the NE
The good side is when you get more teams joining you have more talent to get. They can't all go to FLA, GA, BAMA & LSU.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #100
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

i think NC State has that A&M mentality, i think they know nationally they are little brother in the ACC to UNC and Duke, i think they care more about football than basketball, and i think they say Screw you to those teams in an effort to be king of NC. it has worked for A&M to an extent.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote