CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
yazoo
Acockolypse Now
BlueHerons
spareparts
IslandCock
Cockhornleghorn
rolinb1
Cockypantherfan
CockyCody
The bane of our seas (1602)
OBC banner being add (1511)
Ward wants us to pla (1207)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (1023)
Who scores the first (971)
Davis Playing in A&a (849)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (592)
Come and get your Jo (539)
CFB Playoff Bracket (507)
All garnet for Thurs (486)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
I have not bought into ou
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
First action of the new s
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
Connor Shaw Browns
Balkman vs. USA
My own Clemson vs Carolin

Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs
Default BCS Bowl Options and a question.

O.k., I just read in another thread that all BCS bowl games are basically no longer an option for us. As I was going through, I noticed that if every SEC team in front of us loses, we may still have an option for one if we beat clemtech. Which we will.

My question to you is, which would you rather have. All SEC teams in front of us losing, and we getting a BCS bowl bid. Or, the other.

This would mean Bama would not go to the BCS title Game. I for one, would take us going to a second tier bowl over no SEC team winning a National Title.
Thoughts?
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #2
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: BCS Bowl Options and a question.

An SEC team has to be in the National Championship for us to have a shot. I don't see Texas A&M or LSU losing this weekend though, which is what we really need.

Attendance record vs. Clemson as a student: 5-0
Attendance record at home games as a student: 32-3

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

File it under "not ****ing likely."
Old 11-23-2012, 03:38 AM   #4
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

No bcs Game! End tread...HOW MANY OF THESE DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH!
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #5
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
No bcs Game! End tread...HOW MANY OF THESE DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH!
Not what I meant.. and sorry if I came off that way. What I meant was would we rather have a bcs at the expense of an SEC not winning a title or not. Sorry I work at Wal Mart an just went through hell an back with this stupid Black Friday Crap. I feel im entitled to sound a bit crazy lol.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #6
Loathor
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 570
Loathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Not what I meant.. and sorry if I came off that way. What I meant was would we rather have a bcs at the expense of an SEC not winning a title or not. Sorry I work at Wal Mart an just went through hell an back with this stupid Black Friday Crap. I feel im entitled to sound a bit crazy lol.
You don't need one or the other, in theory at least. If Bama wins out and Georgia, LSU, Florida and Texas A&M lose Saturday then we might (MIGHT!! Florida could still get in over us in a head to head choice) sneak into a BCS bid and Alabama could still win the title. I'm not very hopeful that this is even remotely going to happen (as GT, Missouri and Arkansas are not very good teams and would have to get exceptionally lucky to win), but it is still in the realm of possibilities. Just nothing I would plan for...

But... if you are just asking, hypothetically, if I would rather go to a BCS bowl and have the conference lose out on a chance at the title, or take a Peach Bowl invite and seven in a row? I would have to say that I would rather have a shot at a BCS bowl. Personal glory should always outshine conference pride, in a sporting sense at least... It would mean more for our program to get that game.
Loathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:49 AM   #7
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathor View Post
You don't need one or the other, in theory at least. If Bama wins out and Georgia, LSU, Florida and Texas A&M lose Saturday then we might (MIGHT!! Florida could still get in over us in a head to head choice) sneak into a BCS bid and Alabama could still win the title. I'm not very hopeful that this is even remotely going to happen (as GT, Missouri and Arkansas are not very good teams and would have to get exceptionally lucky to win), but it is still in the realm of possibilities. Just nothing I would plan for...

But... if you are just asking, hypothetically, if I would rather go to a BCS bowl and have the conference lose out on a chance at the title, or take a Peach Bowl invite and seven in a row? I would have to say that I would rather have a shot at a BCS bowl. Personal glory should always outshine conference pride, in a sporting sense at least... It would mean more for our program to get that game.
this is what I meant, and I agree with u for the most part
Old 11-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I'd rather go to a BCS bowl.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

SMH (again)
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #10
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

Win tomorrow, and we're in High Cotton!
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Win tomorrow.... We will be in the Outback or Gator

Lose tomorrow.... We will be in the CFA, or Gator (If Clemson does not get a BCS invite)
Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
Tater Tom
Blue Chip

Male

Tater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudly

Quote:
This would mean Bama would not go to the BCS title Game. I for one, would take us going to a second tier bowl over no SEC team winning a National Title.
Thoughts?
Pitiful.
Tater Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Tom View Post
Pitiful.
Are you clemson tom?
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Good God.... I agree with Tom...

Diamond: WTF?? Dude, you realy think Bama gives a **** where we end up in a bowl game? They dont give a damn if we played in Indonesia against Taliban State University...

Sure, its good to have SEC Pride... but your statement is WAY over the top!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Tom View Post
Pitiful.
Dont you have a goat to go ****?
Old 11-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #16
StackzOnThe'Boose
Conductor

Male

StackzOnThe'Boose is learning to peckStackzOnThe'Boose is learning to peck
Send a message via Skype™ to StackzOnThe'Boose

Quote:
StackzOnThe'Boose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Win anyway cause i dun smoked some mo. Signed Sammy.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

LSU is basically guaranteed the BCS at large bid today in the Sugar Bowl
Old 11-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #19
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Not so fast, Florida could jump them if they beat FSU.

A one-loss Florida team would be pretty darn attractive for the Sugar Bowl.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #20
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We will talk about bowl bids tomorrow. Pass Clemson first.