CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
Lonnie
BiggerLSUfan
The Yancey
sporkgod50
WeStill0wnUSC
USCBASEBALL1
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1026)
Ranking the Opposing (703)
Not a Rival.. (530)
Gamecock Coaches as (506)
help with army insig (393)
NCAA Football 15 (241)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (224)
I'm a grand godfathe (221)
George Miller revisi (170)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (153)
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Marching band
NCAA Football 15
Section 16
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Mon Denson
Good Article for those co
Hello Gamecocks!
Muschamp + fan = win
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 11-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Connor listed as "questionable" for Clemson game..

Don't know if this means anything, but another site just tweeted out injury info and depth chart and it had Connor listed as "questionable" and Clowney listed as "probable."

On the depth chart, Connor is listed at the starter.

I heard all of the interviews yesterday with Mangus, Lawing, etc. So I wonder if that is all just coming from what was said yesterday?

I know they practiced this morning, but I haven't seen any reports from practice (I am guessing since it was Thanksgiving).
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Connor listed as "questionable" for Clemson game..

I will believe it when it comes directly from the offensive coaching staff.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I will believe it when it comes directly from the offensive coaching staff.
It came from GoGamecocks.com under gameday info and depth chart. Not sure if GoGamecocks.com is an official USC site or not.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 AM   #4
usc51
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
It came from GoGamecocks.com under gameday info and depth chart. Not sure if GoGamecocks.com is an official USC site or not.
That's the State. Gamecocksonline.com is the official USC athletic site.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
Uhaul
Place At The Table! Wooo!

Male

Uhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPit

He's playing.
Uhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #6
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Connor will play, don't freak out people.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #7
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Connor will play, don't freak out people.
Not freaking out, just looking for input to see if anyone had any updated info.

To be honest, I am fine if DT plays in this specific matchup because of how bad Clemson's secondary is against the pass.

I am also more than fine if Shaw plays as long as he can be productive.

What I don't want is a hobbled Shaw getting sacked all game because he will not throw it and us not putting DT in the game.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #8
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Not freaking out, just looking for input to see if anyone had any updated info.

To be honest, I am fine if DT plays in this specific matchup because of how bad Clemson's secondary is against the pass.

I am also more than fine if Shaw plays as long as he can be productive.

What I don't want is a hobbled Shaw getting sacked all game because he will not throw it and us not putting DT in the game.
Yeah, I know what you mean. He is just labeled as "Questionable" due to the fact his foot is bothering him a bit, but it is just a label. He was Questionable during a lot of games this year and ended up playing beautifully. I have no doubts about this one. Even if he thinks he cannot play, he will tell the coaching staff he is good to go. Just his way of doing things.

As for Dylan Thompson, I have no issues with him playing either. Clemson's secondary is absolutely horrible.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Either way I hope Dylan's getting a lot of reps. He does well when he has time to prepare.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #10
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

No need to freak out if Shaw doesn't play. In this type of game I think Dylan would be ready.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:41 AM   #11
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Dylan is a good guy, good Christian an everything. But he hates Clemson as much as we do. Not much to worry about here.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Dylan is a good guy, good Christian an everything. But he hates Clemson as much as we do. Not much to worry about here.
I like DT, but we don't have much of a chance if he starts
Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
I like DT, but we don't have much of a chance if he starts
lol
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #14
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Think Spurrier will make them prepare for both qbs.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
haaron1988
G4C

Male

haaron1988 has feathers coming inhaaron1988 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Either way I hope Dylan's getting a lot of reps. He does well when he has time to prepare.
As per G.A. Mangus after Wednesday's practice, DT has been getting all of the reps this week since Connor has been resting his foot.

haaron1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #16
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I saw DT play well against terrible defenses and play terrible against a great defense... so, I have no idea what he would be able to do vs Clemson. I'd rather go with a proven winner in Shaw, but it is what it is.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #17
gamecockbythesea
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 266
gamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spurs

My biggest fear is what really makes this game problematic for Clemson.

I fear Connor is going to give it his all and have to come out of the game. I can see him running hard and taking a big hit, or tweaking the ankle.

This will be a crucial move by the coaches to take Connor out. They need to keep an eye on him. I could obviously see he was limping significanly against Wofford, but Spurrier made the comment that Connor said he could keep going.

When he becomes limited, it will be time to open the flood gates with an all out aerial assault by DT.

Gamecocks with a big come from behind win. 38-35. Go Gamecocks!
gamecockbythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

people need to stop freaking out.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Spurrier being spurrier, tactics and all.
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
BloodySpur
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
BloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spurs

We got this boys... remain calm!