CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
markp_vip
Acockolypse Now
PageUSC
jrussjr
spareparts
eightohhthree
COCKYTALKIN
Cockypantherfan
ChickenButt
Legitimate, Unbiased (1733)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1633)
why we're in this po (1434)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1183)
I guess we don't get (1156)
Predict the Season ( (1018)
open discussion of t (989)
Dylan Thompson picke (810)
Spurrier Press confe (795)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Vols @ UGA (ESPN - Noon)
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Predict the Season (After
Dillon Day suspended
Vols dismiss RB for punch
Waldrop & Williams
Sprint Cup driver Scott S
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy

Old 11-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USC4life15 has hatched from the shell
Default Weather for tomorrow, a factor or irrelevant?

Supposed to be 45 at kickoff, and getting colder as the night progresses. Neither team has really been exposed to cold weather all year, but is it the bias/wishful thinking on my part to think the cold weather would favor us? A team reliant on passing the ball vs a team who prides themselves on strong D in cold weather should favor us, right?
USC4life15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
cockypirate
captain of this ship

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Weather for tomorrow, a factor or irrelevant?

I think it doesn't really matter with the temp being in 45 degree range. But i just cant get the papa johns bowl out my head when talking about our team and cold weather.

Time to nut up or shut up!!
Stay feisty, DIE HARD!!
cockypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

it affected me going to the game. If it were that cold at Willyb I would be there. just dont care for all that orange in one place.
but to answer you question. I would expect to see some dropped balls because they are going to be hard
Old 11-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 22758950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Won't matter IMO. PJ Bowl was much colder and was a let down. Both sides will be jacked.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Won't matter IMO. PJ Bowl was much colder and was a let down. Both sides will be jacked.

Im still thawing out from that effin game!! I think gametime temp in B-Ham was 33 degrees, and it was windy... U-Conn was used to it... we definately were not...
Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

I hear weather is supposed to be Clowney with a chance of Pain.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #7
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I don't think it will be cold enough to impact the game.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I was colder sitting down at the Wofford game than standing up. Metal bleachers will turn you into an ice cube.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Won't affect me...it'll be about 72 in my living room at kickoff.

I'm sure it won't affect the game that much. If it were in the mid-30s or below, then I think the team would start to feel it bad.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I don't think the temp will be an issue, but what about the wind. If the wind gets up to 15mph or above, that could really affect the passing game.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #11
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

40-50 is considered perfect football weather for most fans.....the players might not even wear long-sleeved t-shirts for that temp., as with all the running around and adrenaline they'll be relatively warm...
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
woodscock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
woodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypirate View Post
I think it doesn't really matter with the temp being in 45 degree range. But i just cant get the papa johns bowl out my head when talking about our team and cold weather.
That was one cold day. Can't say I enjoyed the game.
woodscock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

With most players wearing gloves and running around they mostly wont wear sleeves. I expect the punters and qbs that dont wear gloves on both hands to just use the hand warmers.
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #15
haaron1988
G4C

Male

haaron1988 has feathers coming inhaaron1988 has feathers coming in

Im not sure if the cold weather is a good thing for us... We will sack Boyd and instantly he'll have an icepack for the injury...

In an unrelated note, sec. 20 of this video has one of the best fan reactions from this game! Her face tells it all!

haaron1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #16
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Who knows. It's hard to catch with cold hands, and the thin gloves players wear do nothing to help that situation.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #17
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

DJ is going to cripple somebody in that climate.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #18
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
Who knows. It's hard to catch with cold hands, and the thin gloves players wear do nothing to help that situation.
its also hard to catch a hard ball
Old 11-24-2012, 01:46 AM   #19
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

CockyCash: 131113
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

It was freezing in 2010 in Death Valley and we destroyed them.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:48 AM   #20
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Garcia played his ass off in that game.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote