CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
A. Pilgrim
gadeneer1986
doubledribble
Lonnie
B-G
Latt7more
Why is everyone anti (2028)
How did we not make (1149)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Just thought of some (1028)
Miss St. defense (941)
Busta out indefinite (878)
SOS says his next st (764)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (665)
Our Road Upset Wins (506)
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Busta out indefinitely.
Our Road Upset Wins
Why is everyone anticipat
Lattimore to play after S
No easy road for our offe
SEC Football Legend: Shel
Miss St. defense
Media tabs South Carolina
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp

Old 11-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Michael Bowman

Wide Receiver from Havelock, North Carolina

USC offer.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Michael Bowman Thread (2015 Prospect)

Cool...we didn't do such a good job with Michael Bowman #1 back in the '07 class, maybe we'll do better with this one....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material
Default Re: Michael Bowman Thread (2015 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Cool...we didn't do such a good job with Michael Bowman #1 back in the '07 class, maybe we'll do better with this one....
That's how I feel about mike Davis 2.0
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Michael Bowman

Quote:
While Scott already has a good feel for his recruitment, Bowman's is first starting.

South Carolina was the first to offer and he's since picked up offers from North Carolina, North Carolina State and ECU.

"I liked it, but it was my first time being here," Bowman said of the trip, "so I might come back next time too."
Link: http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...ior-day-115765

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2015 WR Michael Bowman (5-10 195) of Havelock, NC already has an offer from USC and will attend a camp in Columbia Friday, His other offers are North Carolina, NC State and East Carolina with interest from Clemson and Ohio State. “I camped at UNC..the Fedora camp…last week,” he said. “It’s one of the schools I like.” Bowman has visited USC before and says the Gamecocks are a school of interest. “I like the facilities there and it’s a good program,” said Bowman. “The coaches just keep asking me when I am coming back (for a visit).” The camp on Friday will be his first time back at USC. Bowman does not have any favorites and says he is interested in Clemson as well. “I haven’t talked to anyone from Clemson yet,” he said. “They’re talking to my coach. I like the offense they run and I want to visit there.” He has also visited Ohio State and NC State.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...florida-state/

Old 07-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Havelock (N.C.) class of 2015 four-star wide receiver Michael Bowman impressed me in the receiver drills. He looks great physically and caught the ball well. I’ll be surprised if you don’t see the Gamecocks make him a big priority going forward as he one of the big standouts today.
Link: http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...essions-140843

Quote:
Speaking of Bowman, he was the most impressive pass-catcher in attendance. He looks to have added some good weight to his frame, he ran solid routes and caught everything I saw thrown his way.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/show...d=1017&style=2

Last edited by CoverTwo; 07-28-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

This guy is a must get for us in my opinion.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Why does his Rivals bio says he's being recruited by Brad Lawing?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

If we land Scott, we will have a bonafide pipeline into Havelock and I couldn't be more stoked about that. With all of his friends at Carolina I would be surprised to see him go elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #10
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
If we land Scott, we will have a bonafide pipeline into Havelock and I couldn't be more stoked about that. With all of his friends at Carolina I would be surprised to see him go elsewhere.
Bowman and Scott both like NC State too. I wish USC could have gotten Vickers. Lawing is gone, and he was the reason the pipeline started to USC. I believe he was a former coach at Havelock

Last edited by carolinacoast; 08-01-2013 at 05:29 AM.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #11
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
This guy is a must get for us in my opinion.
ask and you shall receive....we now lead according to GCC....

Also, we lead for Scott with NCSt #2 now....FSU has faded. We will be hard to beat.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #12
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

If we land Bowman are we done at WR? That would give us Bowman, Neal, and Washington. Maybe one more?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #13
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
If we land Bowman are we done at WR? That would give us Bowman, Neal, and Washington. Maybe one more?
Depends on how well some of the existing WRs we have on our roster develop and become contributors. We have no senior WRs on our roster this season, unless you count walk-on David Wilkins. We currently have 8 scholarship WRs on roster for 2013. Coach Spurrier Jr. reportedly likes to have at least 6 WRs ready to go for the season, and the rest usually end up on scout team. But we're currently bringing in at least one WR for 2014 in Davidson, and are reportedly in great shape for another in Googer. So for the '14 season, even if both those guys are red-shirted, we should still be in great shape with more WRs on roster than what Bubba typically needs...

For '15, we lose Ellington, Byrd, and Jones, and all three should be substantial contributors in '13 and '14 I think most would think. So at the least I think we should take 3 WR for the '15 class. If one of the other WRs on roster fail to raise their game over the next 2 seasons (Brent, Jeffery, Fuller, Smith), then we may decide to take more than 3. Both Brent and Jeffery would be 5th-yr. Srs in '15 and would've (should've) already gotten their degrees: they could be advised to transfer elsewhere for better playing opportunities if they haven't made any moves by then. But this is all speculation at this point...
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #14
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

CockyCash: 131113
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Pretty cool that he took his Rivals pic in the snow.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #15
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Anyone have a scouting report on him, other than the blurb from our camp?
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
who is Washington???

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
who is Washington???
Jerad Washington, WR from Florida. Supposedly a 2015 commitment from what people are saying.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jerad-Washington-20827
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Jerad Washington, WR from Florida. Supposedly a 2015 commitment from what people are saying.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jerad-Washington-20827
I dont see him on any committ list

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #19
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
I dont see him on any committ list
If you read his thread, he and his family say he is firmly committed to us. When he committed over a week ago, our coaches said for him to take a week or so and make sure that's where he wanted to go.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
WR Michael Bowman of Havelock, NC is one of that state’s top prospects for the 2015 class. He has offers from USC, North Carolina, NC State, Penn State and East Carolina. Last Saturday he watched NC State play their first game under new coach Dave Doeren “Their offense is similar to our offense,” Bowman said of the new up tempo attack by the Wolfpack. Bowman plans to get to USC for some games this season and he hears often from recruiter Deke Adams. About USC, Bowman said he likes “the facilities and the coach.” Bowman does not have a favorite saying “all the schools are about the same.” He doesn’t plan to make a decision until after his senior season. Last season Bowman had 58 catches for 856 yards and 6 touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-miami-safety/