CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
The Yancey
GH
conwaycock2
StormOfTalons
ecugrad
evan_aggie
What changes can and (2367)
Gamecock football Lo (2043)
Shaw: Check Out This (1893)
Mike Davis "dou (1731)
Gamecocks claimed an (1402)
Tanner McEvoy should (1335)
Gamecocks D staff re (1147)
who thinks we need a (960)
The Demise of the 3- (831)
Pirate Depth Chart (786)
Pirate Depth Chart
Why didn't Wes Green play
You guys are horrible
Do we have any shot again
SOS Teleconference
What would be your defini
It's the offenses not the
Who else wants to see Con
Carolina opens -15.5
My Observations About USC

Old 11-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb
Default Headed To Tater Tech

Getting ready to leave for Tater Tech. I have a couple of diehard Tater Tech relatives that I will be meeting up thar. Hopefully this will give me some street cred. and I will be able to infiltrate their ranks and gather some of their pregame propaganda that I will post for your pleasure. Wish me luck.

Go Cocks.
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Headed To Tater Tech

Good luck, and I hope they end up a little sad today.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

Don't forget to bathe when you get back!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

bigoleCOCK3521 has hatched from the shell

Unfortunately I live out here because of a job. just woke up and I do believe a screaming of "GO COCKS" off my apartment balcony is in order as soon as I get my ass out of bed. will be headed out to Clemtech shortly

BEAT CLEMSON!!!
bigoleCOCK3521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

If you hear banjos, RUN!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

make sure you go through one of the multiple hazmat showers on your way out of clemson. We are trying to keep any cow love related diseases that were contracted by the local residents contained to the area. Also, wash your hands every chance you get and keep hand sanitizer at reach
Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Slacker USC
OG

Male

CockyCash: 705
Slacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Slacker USC

Don't drink the water.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
Slacker USC
OG

Male

CockyCash: 705
Slacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Slacker USC

Also, don't spend any money in Pickens County. Pack everything in with you, and leave only garbage. Leave the place nicer than you found it.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Just follow the stench in the Upstate.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Coming back from Charleston last night my brother and I had a late model 4-door white Jeep Wrangler with tigger paws and flags all over come alongside me and hover for about 30-45 seconds. I believe he was taunting me as he had probably seen my Gamecock tag border. I really wanted to tell him what a colossal prick he and his uringe breatheren were acting like, and would love to see him slinking back to the low country incognito after the beatdown tonight.
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #11
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

bigoleCOCK3521 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker USC View Post
Also, don't spend any money in Pickens County. Pack everything in with you, and leave only garbage. Leave the place nicer than you found it.
THIS!! >>>>>
bigoleCOCK3521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
guru03
Walk On

Male

guru03 has hatched from the shell

You'll be on your way to the Paradise of College Football. I've been to Death Valley in Clemson, and there's no other NCAA stadium that compares to Death Valley, and Death Valley in Clemson is ranked the number one stadium in CFB.

Go Clemson Tigers!
guru03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb

Back from Tater Tech (Hooterville)

I obviously had a great time with the outcome of the game. I had not been there since Tanneyhill left his Mark on the Paw (Was that 93 or 94?). I was a student back in those days. Here is my field report:

Tater Fans:
  • Overall friendly with most smack talking in good fun.
  • Several congratulated me on the win on the long trek back to the truck.
  • They spell a lot and being a marginal speller myself, I was a little intimidated at first but I was able to grasp the concept of the correct spelling of clemson after all the drilling in my head.
  • They fully expected to win and win big. I was told by many how they were going to run up and down the field and run the score up.
Tailgating:
  • Parking was a joke because we had a parking pass for lot 3A. The lot was completing full when we got there so they shuttled us back behind some track facility in the woods. It was literally a dirt road and a pond. We were stuck there until 1:30 A.M. before we could actually start the process of moving.
  • Despite the parking lot issues, the tailgating and atmosphere was as good as any place I have been.
  • There was a great deal of weed smoking around us. I have only seen this much weed smoking in public twice before: 1. Widespread Panic Concert and 2. App. State Football Tailgating.
Game Atmosphere:
  • Death Valley is poorly lit for night games.
  • Death Valley does not hold noise like WB or other SEC stadiums that I have been to.
  • Tater Fans sit on their arses and do not really make that much noise. I would say their noise level is a 5 of 10 on my meter. WB was a 9 for the GA game this year and the Swamp was a 10 in the 1st quarter this year. Their student section did give it a good go though.
  • Tater band played a lot of flute heavy songs (very gay). Our band played their asses off and had a great halftime show.
  • Orange and Purple are terrible colors to start with and then the Tater fans mix in all kind of color variations and accent with camouflage. The place looked like a whitetail hunting convention.
  • Orange overalls are just plain dumb looking not matter who is wearing them but especially bad by the over-weight lumberjack rejects I saw wearing them.
  • The tater fan base is redneck heavy. We all have them but they have the heaviest concentration I have seen.
  • The taters were in full meltdown mode from about the mid 3rd quarter point on. Lots of profanity in the stadium. Very funny stuff.
  • The taters leave early. With 4 minutes left and down by two scores they gave up even with their quick strike capability.

Anyway, overall good experience with a great outcome.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru03 View Post
You'll be on your way to the Paradise of College Football. I've been to Death Valley in Clemson, and there's no other NCAA stadium that compares to Death Valley, and Death Valley in Clemson is ranked the number one stadium in CFB.
I'll give you that it is the best in the ACC. That is not saying much.

The real death valley would never be so quiet as the end of that game last night.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wrong
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBLACKDOG View Post
Back from Tater Tech (Hooterville)

I obviously had a great time with the outcome of the game. I had not been there since Tanneyhill left his Mark on the Paw (Was that 93 or 94?). I was a student back in those days. Here is my field report:

Tater Fans:
  • Overall friendly with most smack talking in good fun.
  • Several congratulated me on the win on the long trek back to the truck.
  • They spell a lot and being a marginal speller myself, I was a little intimidated at first but I was able to grasp the concept of the correct spelling of clemson after all the drilling in my head.
  • They fully expected to win and win big. I was told by many how they were going to run up and down the field and run the score up.
Tailgating:
  • Parking was a joke because we had a parking pass for lot 3A. The lot was completing full when we got there so they shuttled us back behind some track facility in the woods. It was literally a dirt road and a pond. We were stuck there until 1:30 A.M. before we could actually start the process of moving.
  • Despite the parking lot issues, the tailgating and atmosphere was as good as any place I have been.
  • There was a great deal of weed smoking around us. I have only seen this much weed smoking in public twice before: 1. Widespread Panic Concert and 2. App. State Football Tailgating.
Game Atmosphere:
  • Death Valley is poorly lit for night games.
  • Death Valley does not hold noise like WB or other SEC stadiums that I have been to.
  • Tater Fans sit on their arses and do not really make that much noise. I would say their noise level is a 5 of 10 on my meter. WB was a 9 for the GA game this year and the Swamp was a 10 in the 1st quarter this year. Their student section did give it a good go though.
  • Tater band played a lot of flute heavy songs (very gay). Our band played their asses off and had a great halftime show.
  • Orange and Purple are terrible colors to start with and then the Tater fans mix in all kind of color variations and accent with camouflage. The place looked like a whitetail hunting convention.
  • Orange overalls are just plain dumb looking not matter who is wearing them but especially bad by the over-weight lumberjack rejects I saw wearing them.
  • The tater fan base is redneck heavy. We all have them but they have the heaviest concentration I have seen.
  • The taters were in full meltdown mode from about the mid 3rd quarter point on. Lots of profanity in the stadium. Very funny stuff.
  • The taters leave early. With 4 minutes left and down by two scores they gave up even with their quick strike capability.
Anyway, overall good experience with a great outcome.

To amuse myself every time they did the C-L-E-M-S-O (space where they wave their arm and the Student section cheers "Mother F-in")N cheer in the space I hollered out "Pause for thought". They have to take a break when spelling out the long words.

I got a lot of evil looks for laughing after Swags hit and taunt while the Taters were screaming for him to be ejected.

Other than that yeah I had a great time, most fans were pretty good natured. It probably helped that I decided to kinda keep my mouth shut pregame and just responded to Taters who stated they would win or beat our asses with some variant of "We will see". The only exception was one guy who stated they would beat us because "Your gonna see some Defense like you've never seen before" I replied "Last time I heard that the team scored 70 points on you" That was an icy return stare.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Cool story bro!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #18
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'll assume you are joking at leave it at that.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockRocker View Post
To amuse myself every time they did the C-L-E-M-S-O (space where they wave their arm and the Student section cheers "Mother F-in")N cheer in the space I hollered out "Pause for thought". They have to take a break when spelling out the long words.

I got a lot of evil looks for laughing after Swags hit and taunt while the Taters were screaming for him to be ejected.

Other than that yeah I had a great time, most fans were pretty good natured. It probably helped that I decided to kinda keep my mouth shut pregame and just responded to Taters who stated they would win or beat our asses with some variant of "We will see". The only exception was one guy who stated they would beat us because "Your gonna see some Defense like you've never seen before" I replied "Last time I heard that the team scored 70 points on you" That was an icy return stare.
Yea when DJ lowered his shoulder and knocked the lesser Ellington into orbit the taters went nuts around me. They were mad because 'all he got was a personal foul'. I had to explain to them he got a penalty for unsportsmanlike behavior instead. They looked at me with confused pissed off glares and yelled for his ejection. This is the same bunch that thought Connor Shaw was playing QB up until I finally had to educate them on that point as well late in the fourth. I added to their pain by saying 'that's right you just got beat by the back-up QB'. I am not making this up!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #20
GratefulCock
Recruit

GratefulCock is developing his combGratefulCock is developing his combGratefulCock is developing his combGratefulCock is developing his combGratefulCock is developing his combGratefulCock is developing his combGratefulCock is developing his combGratefulCock is developing his comb

What's with the lighting in the stadium? You couldn't even see the upperdecks on TV.
GratefulCock is offline   Reply With Quote