CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
Kyle76
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
garnet_black215
The Demise of the 3- (2222)
East Carolina Predic (1468)
Why didn't Wes Green (1166)
A&M on 3rd down (569)
You guys are horribl (566)
Did we ever go after (517)
Finally Cooled Off (473)
louisville (414)
It's the offenses no (382)
MLS almost ready for (226)
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
NFL: Packers @ Seahawks(m
NFL: Saints @ Falcons(ml
NFL: Vikings @ Rams(ml &a
NFL: Browns @ Steelers(ml
NFL: Jaguars @ Eagles(ml
NFL: Raiders @ Jets(ml &a
whats up with Mike?
Name a Gamecock
NFL: Bengals @ Ravens(ml

Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #801
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: **USC vs. Clemson GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
We have to rush for more than 24 yards to win. They are down both corners, offensively we stick. Bad field position had some to do with it.
Zone read is there, DT is too slow
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #802
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

The chicken curse is has retreated to its homebase in our offensive line. We need to snuff it out this half.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #803
rvrrt169
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
rvrrt169 has hatched from the shell

that would be better than watching GA do it
rvrrt169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #804
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Go in to the i-form and hand the ball to mike davis
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #805
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
We have to rush for more than 24 yards to win. They are down both corners, offensively we stick. Bad field position had some to do with it.
We need to see some of Mike Davis in the second half. We need some power running to soften up ClemTech's D.
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #806
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Our defense has played far from perfectly, but at the same time, it's had a respectable performance so far. If we can get better blocking, we can easily take control of this game.
Agreed. Once we begin to take control of the offensive line of scrimmage we'll control the clock, keep our defense rested and get the W. I'm actually really happy right now.
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #807
Gamecocks4Life86
Recruit

Male

Gamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudlyGamecocks4Life86 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
all I am going to say is that we have ten points against that defense. That sucks!!!!!!!!!!

No excuse for only having ten points versus that defense!!!!!!!!!!

All I have heard on here is how we were going to walk all over their defense, etc.
THIS!!!! I was thinkin the same thing!!!
Gamecocks4Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #808
21-in-Right
Blue Chip

Male

21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs

Not that we're in bad shape with Connor Shaw, but I sorta enjoy watching our offense more with DT. I actually like passes and thought that's what I'd be watching on a Spurrier-coached team.

"The secret of managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the guys who are undecided."
-
Casey Stengel
21-in-Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #809
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Gotta keep pressuring Boyd and keep it up on offense. I'd like to see the TE get more involved.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #810
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrrt169 View Post
I said that and was accused of being a tater. If this is the best we have, we need some changes. Some of you are happy you are only down 7. WOW.
Considering half the fanbase including myself thought we would be. Yes.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #811
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

I have to admit Dylan has played well, but his lack of running is killing us. Lots of plays there that a healthy Conner would had exploited for big yardage.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #812
Cartiaze
X factor

Male

Cartiaze has hatched from the shell

Ther's no excuse why we can't move the ball on that defense (other than all of our good players are hurt)! Run the ball and punch them in the face! Oh yeah, somebody call the oline's mama's and tell them to get there boys in line! It's pathetic!
Cartiaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #813
jeremyp
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
jeremyp has hatched from the shell

field position hasnt been kind. Two times inside the ten, that changes calls. If we can change that in the second we will be ok. Defense has givin up a drive and a big play( that was covered pretty well). Dylan is playing fine. I wanna see deep pass to byrd!
jeremyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #814
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

defense is NOT THE PROBLEM...

Offense is completely the problem..

Look, if Clemson has 14 points at halftime, you should be beating them by a TD.

It is pitiful that we only have ten points.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #815
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Spurrier made it sound like Connor may play.

I could see him putting Connor in on the first drive and then seeing how it goes.

The zone read is wide open for a bunch of yards.

Bottom line is that there is no excuse for only having ten points.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #816
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

We haven't looked too bad. I think we pull away late.
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #817
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I was expecting our offense to score more. NCST's offense looked much better than ours does.
I don't think they circled the NC State game on their schedule. Still, Offensive line needs to show up like they did against Kentucky in the second half. Also, we need to start being able to run the ball.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #818
21-in-Right
Blue Chip

Male

21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs

Quote:
If Connor is really 65%, what is the point?

"The secret of managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the guys who are undecided."
-
Casey Stengel
21-in-Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #819
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

Quote:

I could see him putting Connor in on the first drive and then seeing how it goes.

why would you put Connor in?

penalize Dylan for playing well
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #820
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:

Bottom line is that there is no excuse for only having ten points.
WIDE OPEN!!! Agreed