CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
MountainCock
RGHoskins
Kaka
Captain9Dragons
I Bleed Garnet
COCKYTALKIN
QCB
The Gator Bowl wants (1439)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1304)
USC will upset Aubur (1157)
A simple defensive l (974)
In-state QB talent (918)
Which loss hurt wors (585)
Texas athletic direc (576)
This is War (400)
Ranking the SEC Foot (396)
USC Picked 12th By S (347)
In-state QB talent
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Tennessee game
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
SEC Debate: Best candidat
A simple defensive line &
Bama @ Tennessee

Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #21
scottycock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
scottycock has earned his spursscottycock has earned his spursscottycock has earned his spursscottycock has earned his spursscottycock has earned his spursscottycock has earned his spurs
Default Re: Do we have a QB controversy going into 2013?

if the line is up to par Dylan is the better choice. if they lay a stinker connor wins the game with his legs.
scottycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #22
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Honestly I wasn't sure I'd Dylan could go on the road and play well. But man. He played really well considering what we are used too. To me it's clear we need to move forward with him.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #23
CockyCyclone
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 16788014
CockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudly

I've honestly wanted to see Thompson all year, Shaw just isn't good enough with his arm to be a big time quarterback, gutsy as hell though.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #24
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Mitch is so good we pull the redshirt.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #25
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

If Spurrier wants to run HIS offense, yes.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #26
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

I hope the controversy comes from 4 guys fighting it out in the spring all having solid camps. It seems the past few seasons the starter has come from the guy who didn't look as bad versus the guy who was lighting it up.
Dizzy01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #27
Pappop
Starter

Male

Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons

I like Thompson also. Can you imagine how good he could be if he had all the time/reps put into him that Shaw has? But as some as already stated, SOS said Shaw should be fine and will be the QB for the bowl game. And I would guess he will be next year also unless he gets hurt like this year.

Will be interesting to see if all the QB's stay with the team (sure hope so). Nice to have more than one that can play and win. But I'm still not sure Shaw would have won tonight, at least not the Shaw he has been the last week or so. They were ready for a running QB, not one that would toss it all over the field.
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #28
ted hamlin
Walk On

Male

ted hamlin has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Hey Cover ,Agree with you totally. I'm on record with the owners of Rendevous for the last 7 wks asking and pleading for HBC to give DT meaningful playing time. I guess Everyone can say Starting and Finishing with a Record Setting 4th Win in a Row Against Your Greatest Rival... IS Meaningful Playing Time... No Controversy..DT...is the Best Option Forward , but Shaw has earned the Bowl Start... I said the Start. Great To Be a Gamecock... HEAL Totally Marcus. GOOO COCKS !!!!
ted hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #29
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Imo its easy to see dylan is the better option
Well, you also predicted that Clemson would beat us, so your "IMOs" don't carry much weight anymore.

Dylan deserves the praise he's getting, but Connor deserves more respect than you're giving him.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #30
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I think a lot of you have forgotten the Florida game. DT wasn't exactly lighting it up against a defense with a pulse.

Let's not breathe too deeply the smell of a win against Clemson. It can be one helluva a drug.

However, I agree. It will be a good problem to have.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #31
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Dylan performed amazingly, and Clowney and he pretty much got this win for us. I don't want to knock him at all; HOWEVER, clemmons' D is still not SEC caliber. Does this boost Dylan's resume? Absolutely. I think Spurrier has a lot more to think about, simply because Dylan did this on the road. Connor hasn't played worth a shart on the road. So... I think basically this solves one question. If Dylan is given time, he can shred an opposing D using Spurrier's scheme. If he isn't given that time, I don't know that he has the ability to extend a play (run for his life) that Connor has.

Also, if anything negative can be said about Dylan's playing, I wasn't very impressed with the red zone play that I saw from the O when we got down there. Let me stress that he really redeemed himself with that TD pass to seal the deal, and to me, all is forgiven. I just have to say that I couldn't understand why we seemed to stall so hard when we got down there. IMO, it seemed that the play calling got a little suspect when we got inside the 25 (WHERE WERE THE TIGHT ENDS???????). So, Dylan couldn't really control that. I guess I just still have a lot of questions about the red zone tonight.

I guess we will have to see. It's going to be a tough choice, but Dylan made a VERY good case for himself tonight. I'm a believer...for now.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #32
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Nail on the head C2.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #33
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCHARLESTONIAN View Post
Absolutely. With Brendan N. tearing it up in practice, and DT and Shaw being very capable, plus Connor Mitch coming in, surely we can find one that takes us to the promised land with Spurrier.
The biggest question I have about next year is how well do a new set of LB and spur play...can we replace Shaq, Bowens and Holloman.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #34
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I think a lot of you have forgotten the Florida game. DT wasn't exactly lighting it up against a defense with a pulse.

Let's not breathe too deeply the smell of a win against Clemson. It can be one helluva a drug.

However, I agree. It will be a good problem to have.
By the time Dylan got in,the game was over. He had some decent throws, but had no time in the pocket. he also didn't get reps in practice.....you give Dylan reps the week before the game, and tonight is what you get.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #35
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

A healthy Connor Shaw is way too fast at QB to not play. When they're both healthy, they aren't that far apart on throwing, but Connor's speed helps him.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #36
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
By the time Dylan got in,the game was over. He had some decent throws, but had no time in the pocket. he also didn't get reps in practice.....you give Dylan reps the week before the game, and tonight is what you get.
Implying that Florida and Clemson have similar caliber defenses
Attached Images

gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:50 AM   #37
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

I knew this thread was coming and I hate it, we've got two bada$$ QBs, and we should let SOS make the call on who should start. Dylan looked great last night, although his accuracy seemed a little shaky for some reason on his later drives, and (I have to say it) it was against a weak clemson defense so who knows how well Connor would have done but that's all complete speculation which is why I'm glad we have a great coaching staff to make the decision on which guy gives us the best chance to win.

With that said, Dylan looked great tonight and our O-line played horribly; they were bringing pressure all night, we weren't picking it up but Dylan was evading the pressure and making smart decisions for the most part. After the first drive, unsuccessful as it may have been, I could tell Dylan had been getting first team reps all week and he was 'feeling it' and I honestly had the feeling that he gave us the best chance to win. Ahhhh fu** it, I'm just soo proud of all of these guys!!
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #38
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

I'll bet the ALL receivers would prefer DT17
Old 11-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #39
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappop View Post
I like Thompson also. Can you imagine how good he could be if he had all the time/reps put into him that Shaw has? But as some as already stated, SOS said Shaw should be fine and will be the QB for the bowl game. And I would guess he will be next year also unless he gets hurt like this year.

Will be interesting to see if all the QB's stay with the team (sure hope so). Nice to have more than one that can play and win. But I'm still not sure Shaw would have won tonight, at least not the Shaw he has been the last week or so. They were ready for a running QB, not one that would toss it all over the field.
I was not the least bit concerned about DT being able to win in Clemson vs a huge, hostile crowd in the biggest game of the season. I think he was the real MVP. So yeah, we have a QB controversy.

Did anybody notice how DT looked like he was having fun? He never looked overwhelmed. Now i see why Connor hates to leave games when he's injured. Connor knows DT is a SEC big time caliber QB.

BTW, DT is undefeated as a starter. He threw for the most yards in a single game this season(UAB) He uses the entire field. He's a big strong QB with an arm to match. He also pushes Connor Shaw to work his ass off in the offseason.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #40
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I was not the least bit concerned about DT being able to win in Clemson vs a huge, hostile crowd in the biggest game of the season. I think he was the real MVP. So yeah, we have a QB controversy.

Did anybody notice how DT looked like he was having fun? He never looked overwhelmed. Now i see why Connor hates to leave games when he's injured. Connor knows DT is a SEC big time caliber QB.

BTW, DT is undefeated as a starter. He threw for the most yards in a single game this season(UAB) He uses the entire field. He's a big strong QB with an arm to match. He also pushes Connor Shaw to work his ass off in the offseason.
I can't put into words how much dislike and repulsion this comment made me feel.
Way too much delusion
Attached Images

gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote