CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ReadR00ster
PageUSC
Gamecocks1137
A. Pilgrim
uscsandstorm85
kingofnerf
taylorssc
Spurticus
MrED
How do you want Aubu (2189)
If the Head Ball Coa (1406)
To ANYONE complainin (1045)
Does South Carolina (1021)
Tennessee Game Time (533)
Rest of the season p (493)
Tennessee kickoff an (419)
Incoming Class (413)
Lorenzo Nunez (375)
Peyton Manning break (336)
To ANYONE complaining abo
Incoming Class
CBS: SOS to Florida?
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
If the Head Ball Coach re
Bruce Ellington's First T
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Crazy Play
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic

Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #41
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Do we have a QB controversy going into 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I was not the least bit concerned about DT being able to win in Clemson vs a huge, hostile crowd in the biggest game of the season. I think he was the real MVP. So yeah, we have a QB controversy.

Did anybody notice how DT looked like he was having fun? He never looked overwhelmed. Now i see why Connor hates to leave games when he's injured. Connor knows DT is a SEC big time caliber QB.

BTW, DT is undefeated as a starter. He threw for the most yards in a single game this season(UAB) He uses the entire field. He's a big strong QB with an arm to match. He also pushes Connor Shaw to work his ass off in the offseason.
Yeah he did all the things his detractors said he couldn't do all year long (oh yeah, it wasn't against an SEC defense) but i don't remember Connor looking all that great against Most defenses either (no disrespect to CS) Dylan should have had more opportunities but I believe SOS's ego kept DT out, It would have looked like we were telling him who to put in if DT started after the ECU and UAB games and Ron Morris would wrote of the fans running the team...JMO since week two
Old 11-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #42
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Ya know what? I honestly think if Dylan would have started from day one we would be undefeated. After dylans first start my friend said if Connor starts the rest of the year he'd lose us the LSU and flordia game. I didn't think anything of until he reminded me of it tonight.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #43
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
I can't put into words how much dislike and repulsion this comment made me feel.
Way too much delusion

Then tell us why I'm wrong instead of being obnoxious.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #44
pantera17
Banned

Male

pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Also, DT has started two games. And has thrown at least 300 yards in both.

Connor Shaw has thrown 300 yards twice in his career.

Thats saying something.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #45
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Then tell us why I'm wrong instead of being obnoxious.
Because Connor Shaw is a gamer and plays through injuries because he loves the game, not because hes worried the number 2 on the bench will take his job.

I'm sure if Thompson beat out Shaw for the starting job then Shaw would pull for him and not hold a grudge.

Why you would think otherwise I have no idea
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #46
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Also, DT has started two games. And has thrown at least 300 yards in both.

Connor Shaw has thrown 300 yards twice in his career.

Thats saying something.
Thats saying that Shaw has played against SEC defenses. Also theres no denying that Thompson is more of a traditional drop-back passer
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #47
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

We beat the ACC's best with our 2nd string QB and 4th string RB
Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #48
pantera17
Banned

Male

Quote:
Thats saying that Shaw has played against SEC defenses. Also theres no denying that Thompson is more of a traditional drop-back passer
Lol so he has never played aganst no sec teams? Shaw has played aganst his fair share of cupcakes.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #49
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ya know what? I honestly think if Dylan would have started from day one we would be undefeated. After dylans first start my friend said if Connor starts the rest of the year he'd lose us the LSU and flordia game. I didn't think anything of until he reminded me of it tonight.
Joe Montana couldn't have won the Florida game for us. We laid a butt ugly egg in Gainesville and no qb in the world could have prevented that epic meltdown.

Dylan did what Connor has done thus far in his career. He stepped up against a second tier defense and made enough good plays to keep moving the chains. He also made some pretty bad passes last night, luckily for us he only got the one int. Prolly should have had 2, maybe three.

WTS, I enjoyed watching Dylan run the show and he does have a heck of an arm, not to mention the size, strength and agility to become a great collegiate QB in the SEC. But, until we can move the ball effectively and score on the SEC's top defenses, we will continue looking for the next guy in line to take the starting qb job. I'm hoping we have two or three guys capable of doing these things next year and getting us to the SECCG.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #50
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
DT has made strides in scrambling this season. Remember that QBs arent hit in practice. DT is finding out he's just as effective when he moves away from the pocket than when he stays in it; plus it doesn't hurt as bad when he leaves the pocket.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #51
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
The biggest question I have about next year is how well do a new set of LB and spur play...can we replace Shaq, Bowens and Holloman.
Cooper is ready to play now. He just has 4 seniors in front of him. And Lewis at the other LB and Diggs and Golightly at Spur. We should be just fine.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #52
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Imo its easy to see dylan is the better option
I completely agree. He trust his steps, his wr seem to run better routes consistently with him back there, and he plays with the emotion that fires the rest of the team up. He is not near as fast as shaw but he isnt as bad a runner as people think. He just isnt as graceful looking because he is 6'4. His arm is better than shaw
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #53
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Cant say for sure about lsu game outcome but one thing im is comfortable saying is dylan wouldnt have thrown that god aweful int shaw did near the end where he jumped in the air then threw it. He might have thrown some down the field but that jump throw int has irked me all year. Shaw doesnt throw that we find a away to beat lsu imho. We dont get blown out of the water against uf. Do we win who knows but it wouldnt have started that way
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #54
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 756
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly

The only quarterback controversy that we have is that it's unfair that we can lay an ass cutting on clemson with our starter and our backup. LOL

Both QB's are capable and have gotten reps so I'm happy. There is no controversy, just enjoy the win and be grateful this isn't the Mitchell/Smelley days
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #55
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Yes.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #56
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyR2211 View Post
The only quarterback controversy that we have is that it's unfair that we can lay an ass cutting on clemson with our starter and our backup. LOL

Both QB's are capable and have gotten reps so I'm happy. There is no controversy, just enjoy the win and be grateful this isn't the Mitchell/Smelley days
spot on! what a great feeling to know that quality depth is on our bench. another Great Day to be a Gamecock
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #57
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Dylan would not have survived the whole season as a starter. He took some shots against Clemsux, imagine him in Shaw's shoes that whole time.

That said, he is my choice against most teams from now on. I think we would be insanely good with better more consistent pass protection. It could happen soon.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #58
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

No controversy, just competition. QB will be a strong position next year. In the SEC we need that depth. We'll have Shaw, Thompson, Nosovitch, and Mitch all going for it. Spring bal will be interesting!
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #59
No Curse
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

to me it is a good problem to have. Not sure if any on here remember when SOS was in FL, but he always had two capable QB's. this is the first time in his time here that I think he has begun to have this luxury. In my opinion, this gives a great advantage in that no matter what defense you face, you have a qb that matches well against them. I have said this before, but DT's foot work is far better than CS when he drops back. That tells me he is thinking pass first. Seems more comfortable back there. Now having said that, I think CS has played some great football and we will see plenty of playing time out of both. This makes SOS's play calling much more effective.
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #60
burr
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
No controversy, just competition. QB will be a strong position next year. In the SEC we need that depth. We'll have Shaw, Thompson, Nosovitch, and Mitch all going for it. Spring bal will be interesting!
I really hate to bring this up but I'm sure you all are aware; just from looking back the last few seasons, somebodys gonna leave. Who ??
burr is offline   Reply With Quote