CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Spurticus
MWard
ertman420
usc90grad
Cunningham wants to (1207)
ESPN article on Clow (863)
Clemson Georgia Game (702)
New Led Zep releases (158)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (157)
Truly Inspiring (156)
2014 garnet and blac (100)
Chick Redefines the (80)
The Bama series (39)
2 tickets for USC vs (12)
SEC Network "Take It
PS4 headset advice
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
The Bama series
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Tennessee hires Donnie Ty
Clemson Georgia Game to b
ESPN article on Clowney -

Old 11-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #1
iplan
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
iplan is learning to peck
Default I remember when ~~~~

I remember when.....

1. People used to call into the Lou Holtz Call in Show and ask, "Coach when do you think we will pull out of the SEC and join Conference USA?"

2. People used to call in and ask "Why do we have to play Clemson at the end of the year? If we didn't have to play Clemson, and we could schedule Furman, we'd be bowl eligible."

3. People used to say, "I don't care if we beat Clemson and become bowl eligible. If we lose, we'll have more time for recruiting."

4. SC Fans were happy that 6-6 Alabama got selected over 6-6 SC, because we didn't want to go to some cheezy bowl.....

What do you guys remember?
iplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #2
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in
Default Re: I remember when ~~~~

i remember 0-21
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 AM   #3
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

CockyCash: 200
WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

I remember tearing down the goalpost after beating freakin New Mexico State lol.
WE_ARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 AM   #4
iplan
Walk On

Male

I remember when people would come to the games dressed in every color shirt underneath the rainbow, and claim to be a diehard gamecock fan....

Now we wear 'garnet on gameday.'
Old 11-25-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

I remember 63-17 and having a clemson fan claim later that week that she couldn't count that high
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
iplan
Walk On

Male

I remember two coaches on Brad Scott's last staff throwing punches at one another on the sidelines during the Clemson game......
Old 11-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #7
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I remember 4 in a row against Clemson, and that nostalgia is for the weak.

Go Cocks!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #8
lynesjc
Walk On

lynesjc has hatched from the shell

I remember when Clemson fans used to think that "This is Carolina Football" gag was the height of comedic genius.
lynesjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #9
GarnetLaw
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
GarnetLaw is learning to peckGarnetLaw is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I remember 4 in a row against Clemson, and that nostalgia is for the weak.

Go Cocks!
damn right, the future is bright and thats where our focus needs to be
GarnetLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
iplan
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetLaw View Post
damn right, the future is bright and thats where our focus needs to be

Your misunderstanding ~~~~ the simple point is that the program has grown from what ~ in the eyes of many of its own fans ~ used to be something of a joke, to a national caliber team ~~~ and many fans fought it tooth and nail all the way.

I remember when many SC fans whined and complained about Premium Seat Licensing, and the idea that it would create a new revenue stream that would allow us to improve our facilities, and become more competitive on the recruiting trail.......
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
U-S-C till i D-I-E
Recruit

Male

U-S-C till i D-I-E is learning to peck

Sitting in the stands of Williams Brice during either the 0-11 season or the 1 win season, watching us play East Carolina, thinking, yes we might actually win today, only to watch the Pirates whoop us.
U-S-C till i D-I-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I remember when Holtz had to tell our players to stop wearing FSU and Miami jackets.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

Do you remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the mud dogs won the bourbon bowl, do ya?
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #14
purebredcock
Show Me.

Male

CockyCash: 200
purebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to purebredcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCOCKulous View Post
Do you remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the mud dogs won the bourbon bowl, do ya?
Potd
#1 debbie downer
purebredcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

I remember Butler making a remarkable catch in the endzone to beat us, I remember 63-17 and I remember Danny Ford absolutely mauling our d line. All those are now distant memories lost to time. Right now I remember 4 in a row.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
I remember when Holtz had to tell our players to stop wearing FSU and Miami jackets.
Really?
Old 11-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
Really?
Sadly, yes that happened back in like '99.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #18
iplan
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
Sadly, yes that happened back in like '99.
Holy cow----------

Along those lines, I remember when Troy Hammerick asked Coach Holtz, "How old you is?" in the first team meeting.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:16 AM   #19
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I remember when a jerk in my 5th grade class wore a Clemson hat to school every day and that prompted me to become a Carolina fan. He now works at a pawn shop. Revenge is sweet.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #20
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i remember when clemson was the cocky team with an attitude that knew they were gonna own us. now it has come full circle.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote