CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
FanofCarolina1
seamus
JaxcockFL
The Yancey
ucan'tlickourcocks
donbgamecock
PvtWarlick
Gamecockfanatic4
Green and Lammons (2692)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (925)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (780)
Comporium (736)
Dawg DL man arrested (667)
Texags (569)
Georgia DE Jonathan (487)
Nashville (446)
Gamecocks taken in t (304)
Georgia DE Jonathan Taylo
Ace suspended 4 games
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Dawg DL man arrested for
2015 - Zack Bailey
Jake Coker
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Green and Lammons
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red

Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #21
SECgamecock453
Glory Glory Man United

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453
Default Re: Bowl game

Latest CBS projections have Real Death Valley vs Fake Death Valley in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl and us playing Northwestern in the Outback. Don't really care where we end up or who we play.. JUST WIN.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #22
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Vs Clemson in the cfa bowl???
Georgia
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #23
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
the cap 1 does not want to take uga if they lose the secc, which would leave it between us lsu and a&m. One of those teams will go to the cotton(a&m i assume vs texas) so its us and lsu IMO
LSU goes to Cap One.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #24
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
Latest CBS projections have Real Death Valley vs Fake Death Valley in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl and us playing Northwestern in the Outback. Don't really care where we end up or who we play.. JUST WIN.
If they are right, loser of Ga - Bama goes to Cap One.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #25
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

The pick order for the SEC is Sugar, Capital One, Cotton/Outback, CFA, Gator, Liberty/Music City, Compass, Independence.

If Bama beats UGA I see:
BCSNCG: Bama
Sugar: Florida
Capital One: South Carolina
Cotton: Texas A&M (They would probably kill to have A&M play in it against their former conference).
Outback: UGA
CFA: LSU
Gator: Vandy (Yep, because they have a better conference record (5-3) than Mississippi State (4-4))
Liberty: Mississippi State
Music City: Ole Miss (They are 6-6, so I don't know if they will go to a bowl, they are eligible, but this is where they will go if they are able).

But, who knows. Didn't the Capital One Bowl surprise us last year?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #26
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I'd love the Capital One but idk if they would chose us 2 years in a row.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #27
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I'd love the Capital One but idk if they would chose us 2 years in a row.
why not...the outback did

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #28
Renegade68
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Renegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot materialRenegade68 is USC mascot material

SC should be a Great Draw in any bowl game they go to with how they are playing.
Renegade68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #29
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

my money is on N'western in Tampa

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I like the sound of Tampa but, with all due respect to Northwestern, I'd rather us play a bigger name school.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #31
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

northwestern would (or at least should) be a laid back game to add 1 more win to reach 11

Michigan would probably me a much tougher game, and a better game overall.

I say take a chance and go with Michigan
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #32
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Any chance we play Michigan State in a bowl?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #33
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

I tweeted at the Capital One Bowl and asked about us. They said we were in considerations. However, I do not see us going there. I also asked about the BCS rankings and they said that those will still be in play even though we all have the same records.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #34
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I believe they're 6-6.. So doubtful
Old 11-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #35
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Very small. They are not very good this year.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #36
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
I tweeted at the Capital One Bowl and asked about us. They said we were in considerations. However, I do not see us going there. I also asked about the BCS rankings and they said that those will still be in play even though we all have the same records.
they say bcs rank matters to them but we all know rankings mean squat in bowls. It's all about $$$$ from ticket sales and city/hotel revenue
Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #37
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Right now here's how I see it (assuming Bama beats UGA, if that doesn't happen...)

Natty: Bama
Capital One: LSU
Cotton: Texas A&M
Outback: USC
CFA: UGA
Gator: Vandy
Music City: Ole Miss

I would love it if we went to the Cap 1 and LSU went to the Cotton so that aTm could score 90 on Clemson in the Peach, but it is what it is.

As it is it would be funny to watch UGA destroy them.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #38
21-in-Right
Blue Chip

Male

21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs21-in-Right has earned his spurs

Am I the only person who finds playing a Big 10 team boring as hell? Northwestern? Who cares? Who is going to watch USC vs Northwestern at 11 AM on New Years Day? Michigan? Marginally better.

How 'bout a Big 12 team or a Pac-12? These tie-ins just make the whole thing way too predictable.

"The secret of managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the guys who are undecided."
-
Casey Stengel
21-in-Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #39
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Right now here's how I see it (assuming Bama beats UGA, if that doesn't happen...)

I would love it if we went to the Cap 1 and LSU went to the Cotton so that aTm could score 90 on Clemson in the Peach, but it is what it is.

If the UGA-Clemson matchup does happen... Remember they open the season against each other next year. That'd be back to back games UGA gets to kill them.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #40
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post

Switch LSU and UGA.