CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Garnetnblack99
CockyLifer
kingoftheroost
ZenUSC
b381l
peterlemon
ktguen
Regalcock
SanAntonioCock
ReadR00ster
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2368)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (895)
Morris to SMU (659)
Game simulation (358)
Carolina on a Walmar (337)
Happy Thanksgiving C (311)
Penniless: Creed's S (263)
Gamecocks Walmart Co (230)
Strategy First Steam (219)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Constant Updates on Watso
Carolina on a Walmart com
Morris to SMU
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Game simulation
Comparing Results Of Comm
Chad Morris new HC at SMU
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Palmetto Bowl

Old 11-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #101
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Swag Hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Getting that penalty was a selfish move. Period. Taunting penalties are there for a reason, and it was unsportsmanlike for sure. For those who don't care for good sportsmanship, it was probably OK behavior, but I suspect the coaches will deal with it. I have been a fan of DJ since way before so many got onto his bandwagon because of his effort, hard work, and opportunistic play over three years. I still hate when any player gets a stupid, penalty. Accountability to your team should trump showing off.
Grow a pair !!!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #102
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

i love how seth strickland in the background has his...not impressed face on.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #103
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

I feel like that series of plays showed a bit of the culture change that has taken place within our program. A few years ago, a penalty like that would have been an absolute killer. Last night, and other times with this current group, we instead see the team hang tough and make a big play just a few moments later. Rather than get down on themselves or on DJ for the penalty, they stepped up.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #104
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Grow a pair !!!
Had a pair - they turned out to be too expensive to maintain. Grew a brain, and it has worked out well so far.
Some scrub player from Clemson could have started a brawl with DJ at that point, and both would have likely been ejected. It happened to Alshon in the bowl game last year - he was by far the innocent player all game long and we lost him when he lost it for a second and retaliated.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #105
Art84
Walk On

Male

Art84 has hatched from the shell

Things DJ Swearinger might have said to Andre Ellington after this hit.
10) In case you're wondering, you're in Clemson.
9) That's Swearinger, DJ Swearinger.
8) Did I do that?
7) Tell Dabo to run that play again.
6) Who's your daddy?
5) That ringing in your ears isn't Tillman Hall.
4) That's how we do it in the SEC.
3) Go ahead, say something else about my momma.
2) Tweet that!
1) Congratulations! You just made ESPN's Top Ten.
Art84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #106
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art84 View Post
Things DJ Swearinger might have said to Andre Ellington after this hit.
10) In case you're wondering, you're in Clemson.
9) That's Swearinger, DJ Swearinger.
8) Did I do that?
7) Tell Dabo to run that play again.
6) Who's your daddy?
5) That ringing in your ears isn't Tillman Hall.
4) That's how we do it in the SEC.
3) Go ahead, say something else about my momma.
2) Tweet that!
1) Congratulations! You just made ESPN's Top Ten.
I'm thinkin it was more of

"stay yo bitch as down"
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #107
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Getting that penalty was a selfish move. Period. Taunting penalties are there for a reason, and it was unsportsmanlike for sure. For those who don't care for good sportsmanship, it was probably OK behavior, but I suspect the coaches will deal with it. I have been a fan of DJ since way before so many got onto his bandwagon because of his effort, hard work, and opportunistic play over three years. I still hate when any player gets a stupid, penalty. Accountability to your team should trump showing off.
Dude...go watch soccer or golf and leave the rest of us to watch a man's sport...it's obviously not for you.
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #108
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #109
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I wonder why Hopkins dropped that deep one over the middle near the end. I think alligator arms may be the cause. DJ blew it i know but a message was sent and i know ellington received it but it may have trickeled down as well.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #110
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote