CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
rosstheboss
b381l
bigdog2003
hyoung912
Spurrier_Superior_On
carolina_corpsman
WeStillOwnUSC
2001 vs Sandstorm (1210)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1102)
Cunningham wants to (610)
Purple drank (457)
Horseshoes has been (232)
Clemson Georgia Game (232)
ESPN article on Clow (188)
Fumble party (171)
1964 World’s Fair (141)
Softball tops Georgi (139)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock

Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
GDub2001
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Swearinger sitting over Ellington picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
Anyway someone with more skill than I could blow that up to 1920x1080 (with as little loss of quality as possible) and remove the GCC watermark so it could be used as a desktop background?

Thanks.
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #22
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDub2001 View Post
Anyway someone with more skill than I could blow that up to 1920x1080 (with as little loss of quality as possible) and remove the GCC watermark so it could be used as a desktop background?

Thanks.
sounds impossible but I'm not a techy... good luck though, maybe somebody else has another picture
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #23
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

Quote:

Thanks.
honestly your best bet is to find the source for the photos. i am sure they have a high res big picture. blowing that up is going to cause quality to go down, probably moderately.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #24
btwint
Recruit

Male

btwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPit

Quote:

Thanks.
PM Me you email. Pic to large to post on here.
btwint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #25
scargamecocks87
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
scargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudly

if DJ wasnt a gamecock Id Probably hate him. but damn if he isnt bada$$ that backs every bit up. If he wasnt a gamecock i wouldnt want to play against him. People on here are very correct in saying hes the spark the defense needs some times. its happened on multiple occasions in the last few game.
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #26
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwint View Post
PM Me you email. Pic to large to post on here.
Sent.

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #27
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Attitude reflects leadership. When DJ plays with passion and emotion, our entire defense gets amped up. Was the unsportsmanlike penalty unnecessary? Yeah probably. But if that's what it takes to get the defense to hold Clemson to zero points and under 50 yards in the fourth quarter, I think it was well worth it.

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #28
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

uscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his comb

OK, here's the difference between our guys and the ladies over at Clempson.

When the ladies want to woof it up or be a dick or whatever, they're directing it at the fans, whether it be theirs or ours. It's all a "look at me" act. When our boys act like that, it's all directed at the opposition. They'd do the same if nobody was watching because for them, it's personal. And with Clemson, it's always personal. They do it because they know the opposition is intimidated, and that when they do things like that their getting in the heads of the opposition. It's just another method of asserting dominance coming from our players.
uscsabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #29
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
It would never happen, but who else would like to see a life sized bronze statue of this outside of Willy B? How sick would that look as you enter the grounds around the stadium? Think of the statue at the CWS. Ellington on the ground, Swag crouched in front, and AA looking down on the scene. Around the platform would be the etching of every USC win date in the series and the score with room for more of course. A thing of beauty. I'd donate for that.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #30
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
It would never happen, but who else would like to see a life sized bronze statue of this outside of Willy B? How sick would that look as you enter the grounds around the stadium? Think the statue at the CWS. Ellington on the ground, Swag crouched in front, and AA looking down on the scene. A thing of beauty.
I agree that would be an EPIC statue
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #31
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
Who cares about the flag? DJ is the pulse to this defense....When he gets jacked up you can see it rub off and they smell the blood in the water. Give me the attitude of DJ all day long. Classless???? When youre that good and nasty you have to have swagger, hes got it. I love to hear him lay the wood, hes came up big for us on more than a few occasions. One of my favorite Gamecocks of all time. Hes got the heart and the swag that few have.

Well said, and like someone else said this set the tone for the whole rest of the game. They knew we had them by the balls at this point. This is what you want from a linebacker or a safety......you dont want to have a Ryan Succop playing Safety or Linebacker. DJ's got that Gamecock Swagger. He would be a perfect Oakland Raider!Best Gamecock Safety to ever play in the brice hands down.
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #32
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

On a somewhat sad note, does Andre Ellington remember his name yet.

Intimidation and fear are part of the game, and imposing your will, literally, can have a major affect on your opponent.

b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 AM   #33
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerman2011 View Post
Another classless act from DJ, a team leader! Let's hope the younger teammates see the wrong in it rather than something good! Go Cocks, so proud of the 4 in a row.
Can we get the mods to just ban this guy... just because !!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:44 AM   #34
Xnex
Blue Chip

Male

Xnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his combXnex is developing his comb

I loved the hit, and I love the player most of the time, But that was a foolish move on his part same as when Clowney was about to start Tebowing after his final sack of the game but he didn't have time to do it.

The guys played like serious mosters for much of the game but there were a couple of moves that I didn't care for and the pic in this thread is one of those moves
Xnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:56 AM   #35
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

I was mixed at the time because you never know what could result in that

but in retrospect, I'm 100% for it.

it was a clean hard hit and that's all you can ask of a player like that. "Taunting" is arguable, but these players talk crap all game which is just as bad.. That's just the way Swearinger plays. I'm not sorry to watch players do that after they actually DO something, and Swearinger and Clowney actually DID something.

It's not my style if I were doing it, but I'm not so.. I deal with it.
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #36
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

I think DJ taunted because he knew we had the ability to stop them. I know it was only a 3 point game but Clemson had done nothing other than a 2 play drive(one was a hell of a catch) to get them in field goal position.

Of course I could be completely wrong and his emotion got the best of him. Either way I support it 100%, I felt the energy from my seat way in the upper deck. That may have been the biggest hit I've ever seen live.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #37
uscjd2004
The Voice of Reason

Male

CockyCash: 2200
uscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerman2011 View Post
Another classless act from DJ, a team leader! Let's hope the younger teammates see the wrong in it rather than something good!
Start following equestrian. Football isn't your thing.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #38
GDub2001
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjd2004 View Post
Start following equestrian. Football isn't your thing.
+1
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #39
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
+1
+2
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #40
auslander
The Butcher of Hope

Male

CockyCash: 833
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material

Fact: Clemson players have taunted our D for the last few years, up to and including the day of this game.

Fact: If you taunt the beast don't be surprised if you wind up on your a$$ in the middle of the field unable to remember how to open your eyes.

DJ was spot on here Clemson needs to consider it a painful lesson in the complications of verbal diharrea.