CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
PageUSC
Regalcock
KaneisAble
QCB
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
taylorssc
doubledribble
Our Defense? (2093)
Fight, win, kick a-- (888)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (793)
CFN prediction for a (716)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (486)
What happened to thi (433)
A simple defensive l (404)
Why I'm hopeful abou (402)
This is War (399)
Ranking Top HC jobs (385)
2016 - Issac Nauta
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
Our Defense?
In-state QB talent
Does South Carolina still

Old 11-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons
Default Dylan Thompson

Ok, I have not seen a thread about Dylan so here goes. I sat in the top deck with all the other Gamecock crazies and saw the boy play as perfect of a game that you could ask for. On the road, at night, hostile crowd, and it was LOUD.

Thank you Dylan for pulling this out.

The best thing about his play was you could tell he felt comfortable and excited from the first snap. Amazing. Just amazing. Never put us in a bad position the entire game.

Thanks again Dylan and lets get behind the Boiling Springs native and show him some support!!

Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson

I think he played a great game and I think they called the perfect game to play to what Dylan does best. Excellent coaching job and great execution. I will admit I was nervous as hell when they said DT was playing by he did better than I could have ever expected. Great job by that young man.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
Justhatguy
4-Star

Male

Justhatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I think he played a great game and I think they called the perfect game to play to what Dylan does best. Excellent coaching job and great execution. I will admit I was nervous as hell when they said DT was playing by he did better than I could have ever expected. Great job by that young man.
Same here, just because it's taken him a couple of snaps in the past to warm up. I was really impressed with his 2nd and 3rd Wr option reads. I dont know how many times I was expecting him to see option 1 not there and to either dump it down to Miles or just take off and run. Loved the fact that he scanned the field (you could actually see his head on a swivel as he did) to find the open WR. Great to see!
Justhatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

What a quality Qb. And a great kid. His parent's did a great job.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

TERRIFIC THREAD!

I just watched his post game video with Ace Sanders and I have to say, He is really enjoying life right now!

He complimented his teammates and the coaching staff. He said he was very confident going into the game and wasn't nervous at all. He also has a great sense of humor.
Dylan is a very talented QB and the offense seems to really open up when he's out there.

He is a much better pure passer than Shaw, but Shaw is a warrior and does what it takes to get the job done.

Next spring is going to be very interesting to say the least!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Dylan is only a sophomore... I think he was only a 2 star coming in... With Nosovich, Shaw, Thompson, and connor Mitch coming in.... we are going to have a stable of QBs as well as running backs... we are going to be pretty solid for years to come...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

I like watching Dylan play. He gets so pumped and excited that it makes me getting pumped and excited!
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Dude made some sick throws.

His two best throws were balls that Justice didn't catch. Hell, he may have been surprised the ball got in where it did.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
razyrsharpe
Walk On

Male

razyrsharpe is making other chickens nervousrazyrsharpe is making other chickens nervousrazyrsharpe is making other chickens nervousrazyrsharpe is making other chickens nervousrazyrsharpe is making other chickens nervousrazyrsharpe is making other chickens nervousrazyrsharpe is making other chickens nervous

What an awesome game for Dylan. That dude is for real. I feel MUCH better about our backup QB situation now. Go Cocks!!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

excellent thread!!! this is a much more mature and intelligent thread than the controversy thread. you guys understand what the posters in that thread don't, that you can compliment one player without bashing another.
great comments, and good performance by dt.
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Congrats to Dylan. I was really impressed with his poise. He never let a bad play affect the next.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
unmeaty
Recruit

Male

unmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPitunmeaty rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Dude made some sick throws.

His two best throws were balls that Justice didn't catch. Hell, he may have been surprised the ball got in where it did.

I know exactly the plays you're talking about, it was a dynamite throw in the middle of the field. I'll give Justice some slack because he's usually good for that kind of tough catch in traffic, but yeah...great toss.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Thanks to Dylan and Connor and it is great to have 2 good QB's.

beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
EnglishGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
EnglishGamecock is making other chickens nervousEnglishGamecock is making other chickens nervousEnglishGamecock is making other chickens nervousEnglishGamecock is making other chickens nervousEnglishGamecock is making other chickens nervousEnglishGamecock is making other chickens nervousEnglishGamecock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhatguy
Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL

Same here, just because it's taken him a couple of snaps in the past to warm up. I was really impressed with his 2nd and 3rd Wr option reads. I dont know how many times I was expecting him to see option 1 not there and to either dump it down to Miles or just take off and run. Loved the fact that he scanned the field (you could actually see his head on a swivel as he did) to find the open WR. Great to see!

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
EnglishGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #15
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

I love how he said his sister graduated from Clemson and this win was very important for him.

love some hometown guys that understand the rivalry.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #16
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

He played a great game. He really did. Some great throws and runs. He and the team really came through.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #17
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I was impressed more by his pocket presence he seemed to have a sixth sense on when the pressure was there or close and to throw it cover the ball or extend the play with his feet.He owned the pocket and made it his home and had confidence in his o-line. sometime in the 3rd he lost that confidence and rushed his throws but got it back.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #18
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
I was impressed more by his pocket presence he seemed to have a sixth sense on when the pressure was there or close and to throw it cover the ball or extend the play with his feet.He owned the pocket and made it his home and had confidence in his o-line. sometime in the 3rd he lost that confidence and rushed his throws but got it back.
He definitely have amazing pocket presence and football IQ.

he took a sack or two he should have thrown it away, but for the most part when things went so bad he couldn't check down he got rid of it or made something happen with his legs. pretty much playing very smart the whole game.

i love how the last TD throw to Ellington he didn't freak out, he just let the play develop and found Ellington.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #19
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

He made some huge throws. The back shoulder throw is something we finally broke out. Love that. Man coverage, its undefendable. And the 2 throws he made deep over the middle were just perfect.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #20
dapheet
4-Star

Male

dapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming in

I too was in the upper deck and could tell from there he was in control.