CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JDJones
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
MB_Gamecock
StretfordEnd
Regalcock
TheUniversityofSC
ZenUSC
taylorssc
brat
Bowl projections (1784)
Why has there been 4 (1026)
Odell Becham Catch (913)
No excuse for the D (891)
Good Omen for Saturd (804)
A little late to the (793)
Rebutting Dabo's Ran (575)
Texas A&M Defens (503)
Spurrier Dabo Meme (467)
SC Women #1 in AP Po (431)
Good Omen for Saturday?
Shaq Roland
2015 Commitment - Marquav
NFL: STEELERS @ TITANS Mo
Suspicious sign-in activi
SC Women #1 in AP Poll
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPURRIER
Texas A&M Defense
Bowl projections
Starting Lineup Announced

Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Vic Hampton

Just watch the game again and i have to say he played a outstanding game. He was very physical with Sammy "You cant catch a ball" watkins and shut him down. My hats off to him as well as brison williams. He played outstanding as well!!! Go Gamecocks!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

CockyCash: 500
ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material
Default Re: Vic Hampton

You know a DB is doing well if you never hear his name. Lol. Watkins got off the bus, trotted down the hill, and checked into the Hampton Inn. He got cozy and stayed there all night.
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
R.C. Christian
Recruit

Male

R.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCOCKulous View Post
You know a DB is doing well if you never hear his name. Lol. Watkins got off the bus, trotted down the hill, and checked into the Hampton Inn. He got cozy and stayed there all night.
Haha.....love it!
R.C. Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Haha! Gave him a wake up call to boot!
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
Haha! Gave him a wake up call to boot!
I would say that Hampton offered complete "Turned Down" service.....IThankYou! (in my Austin Powers voice)
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Next year, Watkins is sure to see fresh white towels when he visits the Hampton Inn.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

I just hope Hampton is still here next season. I'm not turning this into a Legree bashing post, because Jimmy has had an awesome year with just a few rough spots here and there, but I kind of chuckle when I think about all the misguided people who kept slamming on Hampton early on and claiming Legree was better. I kept saying a lot of the reason Vic had not had his named called as much as Legree is because teams were probably making it a point to throw away from him, and even Ward commented on that at one point, but people on here persisted with saying things like, "Hampton sucks." (paraphrasing) Anyway, great job by Victor Hampton Saturday night to do his part to shut down the "high-powered" Clemson offense.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
Loathor
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 570
Loathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
I just hope Hampton is still here next season. I'm not turning this into a Legree bashing post, because Jimmy has had an awesome year with just a few rough spots here and there, but I kind of chuckle when I think about all the misguided people who kept slamming on Hampton early on and claiming Legree was better. I kept saying a lot of the reason Vic had not had his named called as much as Legree is because teams were probably making it a point to throw away from him, and even Ward commented on that at one point, but people on here persisted with saying things like, "Hampton sucks." (paraphrasing) Anyway, great job by Victor Hampton Saturday night to do his part to shut down the "high-powered" Clemson offense.
Definitely glad that we should have them both back next year to keep receivers in check. With the young guys behind them (Christian, McWilliams, Elder and Moody at CB and Williams, Marcus, Fleetwood and Gurley at Saftey) I think we should have a very talented secondary next year.
Loathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #9
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathor View Post
Definitely glad that we should have them both back next year to keep receivers in check. With the young guys behind them (Christian, McWilliams, Elder and Moody at CB and Williams, Marcus, Fleetwood and Gurley at Saftey) I think we should have a very talented secondary next year.
Have you seen something new on Hampton? Because I've seen people talking about the possibility of him leaving for the NFL after this season. With the way our luck has gone recently with DBs who even have a glimmer of hope of playing at the next level, I'm more than a little concerned since Hampton has a legitimate shot at becoming a great NFL corner.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Word is that Hampton is gone after this year
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #11
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Who made the tiger land on his head in tje first half??
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #12
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbreb94 View Post
Who made the tiger land on his head in tje first half??
I believe that was Auguste.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Word is that Hampton is gone after this year
To the NFL? That would be a mistake.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #14
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

Hampton has apparently not been doing the right thing off the field according to some. We'll see.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1022824
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

That would suck for us and for him. I thought DJ said Vic had put all that behind him.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #16
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonSquad View Post
Hampton has apparently not been doing the right thing off the field according to some. We'll see.
Not good.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #17
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I believe that was Auguste.

That was Brison!!!
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Vic was another "thug" per Taters. The #$%$# he was talking was awesome. On the last drive he was standing right on the 50 on the Tigers side of the field and was just standing there and you could tell he was saying something like "is that all y'all got or why you running off the field!" it was hilarious I think he yelled and all 11 offensive players as Dabo through in the towel and punted.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
To the NFL? That would be a mistake.
Yes, the NFL.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #20
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonSquad View Post
That would kind of surprise me, but I know you have insiders if I remember correctly so who knows..

On the subject:
I hope he stays, but it's not my choice to make. He'll be graded out and if it's not too high I think the coaches will try to pull him back. He could really have a big impact next year and it would be great to have him back there holding it down.