CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
cockybreeyan
soccerguy79
cockyguitar
Yearofthegamecock
BlakelyH19
Cockypantherfan
Gamecocks1137
usc90grad
**USC vs. Texas A&am (54858)
A&M vent thread (11277)
SOS is pissed (4386)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Man of my word (no t (1630)
Worst Beating since? (1591)
Jimmies and Joes (1584)
Players reaction to (1570)
Here is the trophy f (1561)
I'm not looking forw (1470)
A&M vent thread
Okay, Clint will be the f
If this is the best O Lin
SOS is pissed
Overall I thought Byrd, J
Toughest stadium in the n
Lorenzo Ward's Play calli
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Jimmies and Joes
Here is the trophy for th

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #1381
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Donte Williams Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Recruiting Update- Thomas-Williams, who claims 15 offers, has visited Duke and N.C. State this season, he said. This fall, he was the team's No. 2 ball-carrier behind Wiggins, but he is expected to step into the lead role in 2013. According to Thomas-Williams, he has been hearing a good bit from LSU of late and thinks the Tigers might offer at some point.

Prospect Note- Thomas-Williams rushed for 750 yards on 122 carries in 2012.
Link: m/Article/Road-Report-Carolina-Talents-100465

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #1382
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Stanley Williams Thread (2014 Prospect) - Georgia

Quote:
Junior RB Stanley Williams of Monroe, GA remains committed to Georgia but said, "I'm still open to other schools and I want them to know I'm looking around". Williams offers include Clemson, USC, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, Kentucky and Louisville. He has visited several schools including Clemson and USC. "Clemson is a really a good school with a great football atmosphere," he said. "It would be a great place to play on Saturdays. South Carolina is the same way. They have a lot of support for their team and they love college football." He added that the two schools are of interest to him. This weekend he will attend the Georgia-Georgia Tech match up. "I'll go to the SEC championship and if (Georgia) goes to the national championship game, I'll be there too," Williams said. He has plans to take several visits next summer.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...921/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #1383
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: K.J. Williams Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior WR KJ Williams (6-3 190) of Bethelem, PA has offers from Rutgers and Pitt with interest from Michigan, Boston College, Ohio State, Penn State and Connecticut among others. He visited USC with RB David Williams for a camp over the summer but says he has not heard from the Gamecocks since. "I really liked it down there," said Williams. "They have really nice facilities. I like the location." He expressed interest in USC and said he would like to hear from them in the future. Williams has visited Rutgers and Pitt as well. The Pennsylvania product does not have any favorites. This season he caught 59 balls for 986 yards and 10 touchdowns in a triple-option offense.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...922/-1/PSPORTS

Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #1384
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jalan McClendon Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior QB Jalan McClendon (6-4 192) of Charlotte has offers from SC State, North Carolina, Wake Forest and Charlotte with interest from Clemson, USC, LSU, Nebraska, Washington, California and Missouri among others. This season he attended games at USC and Clemson. "I like both programs actually," McClendon said. "I like the way they do things. They're both obviously very good teams because they're ranked in the top 15. They also have good traditions." USC could be the first to offer. "I'm supposed to go to a practice in December and I think they might offer," he said. "Clemson isn't talking much about offering but I think they will eventually." McClendon also mentioned LSU as the school showing the most interest. He did not name other schools he could visit but did say junior days and spring games are in his plans. As a junior he threw for roughly 1,700 yards and 15 touchdowns and rushed for another four. "I can't really remember my exact stats," he admitted. McClendon does not have a leader.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...961/-1/PSPORTS

Old 11-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #1385
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jonathan Vickers Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior RB Jonathan Vickers (6-0 205) of Jacksonville, FL has offers from Clemson, Alabama, Georgia Tech and Ole Miss with interest from USC, Florida, Auburn and Florida State. He named Alabama and Clemson his top two in that order. "I grew up an Alabama fan and it's an honor to get an offer from them so early," Vickers said. "They're a running back school and I really like their coaches." As for Clemson he said, "I really enjoyed their camp and hanging out with the players and coaches. They stood out the most. Clemson is telling me they would love me to come there and that they could really use me. It's a great second option for me." Though he did not visit any school this season he plans to visit USC and Clemson next summer. "South Carolina is another good school that is close to home," he said. "They told me I need to stay in the SEC where teams run the ball." VIckers broke his leg in the first game of the season.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...962/-1/PSPORTS

Old 11-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #1386
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Christian Taylor Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
White Knoll OL Christian Taylor was back at Clemson last weekend for the NC State game and will return this Saturday for the USC game. "It was real good," he said of his most recent visit. "All the guys are friendly. Clemson is saying they are only taking two offensive lineman in my class. Hopefully I'll get an offer from them." Taylor went to a pair of USC home games as well and is being evaluated by the Gamecocks. "Their coaches like me a lot," he said. "They like that my grades are good and I have size and am pretty physical in the offense I run." Taylor has offers from NC State and Coastal Carolina. He hears a lot from North Carolina and thinks that's where the next offer may come from. "They say they like me and want me to come up there," he said. Taylor does not have a favorite.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...959/-1/PSPORTS

Old 11-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #1387
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Tyler Harris Thread (2014 Prospect)

Article via AJC

Old 11-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #1388
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Braden Smith Thread (2014 Prospect)

Article via Rivals

Quote:
"Smith just missed landing a fifth star out of the gate, and it's hard to imagine that he won't add one eventually," said Rivals.com West analyst Rob Cassidy, who also handles the JUCO prospects as well as prospects in Kansas and Missouri.

"He moves tremendously for his impressive size and plays with the sort of aggression that coaches love. Strangely, the only real knock on Smith has nothing to do with Smith. Playing out of position at guard has restricted him from showcasing his full range of talent."
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1435255

Old 11-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #1389
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Dillon Bates Thread (2014 Prospect)

Article via FV

Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #1390
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jalen Tabor Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
"Tabor's great ball skills, instincts and footwork are five-star caliber," said Rivals.com Mid-Atlantic analyst Adam Friedman. "Before he earns a coveted fifth star, Tabor needs to become more physical and a better tackler but he obviously has impressive upside. You're not going to find a better defensive back when it comes to natural instincts, he's making the adjustment from a safety prospect to a cornerback for us."

Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #1391
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jalen Hurd Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
"Hurd is a dynamic playmaker at the running back position who set school records for rushing yards and touchdowns this season," said Rivals.com Southeast Analyst Woody Wommack. "At 6-foot-3 there are some questions about his future at the position, but his athletic ability will translate well, no matter where he ends up on the field."

Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #1392
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Damian Prince Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
"Forestville (Md.) Bishop McNamara offensive tackle Damian Prince already has an NFL-type body to go along with quick, light feet and pretty good strength for his age. He would be a five-star candidate if he improves his technique and is more aggressive.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #1393
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Josh Malone Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
South Carolina Gamecocks offer Josh Malone
per 247 Timeline

Old 11-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #1394
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Marlon Humphrey - Alabama

Article via Rivals

Quote:
USC is one of the top three right now for junior DB Marlon Humphrey of Hoover, AL according to Paul Strelow of 247Sports. Humphrey is the son of former Alabama star running back Bobby Humphrey and the Crimson Tide are believed to be the big leaders, but Humphrey said he also likes USC and Florida a great deal. Those three will be in his top five which he plans to announce after the season. He said Mississippi State is high on his list.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...899/-1/PSPORTS

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #1395
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Devontae Shepherd

Quote:
Junior DB Devante Shepherd (5-10 185) of Cross is expected to emerge as a prospect next season according to his coach Shaun Wright. Shepherd made an unofficial visit to USC for the Wofford game. Wright said the Gamecocks are interested and will evaluate Shepherd in the coming months. Georgia Tech and Wofford also are showing interest in Shepherd who also plays fullback. Shepherd is #2 in his class academically.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...896/-1/PSPORTS

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #1396
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit
Default Early Outlook 2014

Our 2014 Class is shaping up to possibly be the best ever in the Spurrier era.

Here is a list of instate recruits we are seriously in the game with:

Donnell Staley, #1 player instate
Shaq Davidson, #2 player instate
Dexter Wideman, #3 player instate
Christian Miller, #4 player instate
Kevin Crosby, #6 player instate
Naquez Pringle, #7 player instate
Kalan Ritchie, #8 player instate

Other top 20 players instate that we are in the game with:
Blake Bone, Jacob Park, Caleb Kinlaw, Joe Blue, Bo Baldwin and Kwamelle Barnes.

Out of state recruits we are seriously in the game with:
Bentley Spain, #1 player in North Carolina
Drew Barker, #1 player in Kentucky
Braxton Berrios, #8 player in North Carolina
Bryson Allen-Williams, #23 player in Georgia (The state of Georgia is loaded in 2014.)
Jaylan Barbour, #14 player in North Carolina

All of those players we are in the top 5 with and a few of those guys will cut us from their list or we will stop recruiting them do to #'s and positional needs but the bottom line is the 2014 class is going to be a great one.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #1397
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Early Outlook 2014

I've read on here that the state of SC in 2014 will be much improved over the past.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 AM   #1398
Loathor
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 570
Loathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervous

Darrell Scott is the number 4 player in NC and the number 2 APB next year and we're leadin for him as well.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #1399
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathor View Post
Darrell Scott is the number 4 player in NC and the number 2 APB next year and we're leadin for him as well.
I knew there was someone noticeable from out of state that I was missing.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #1400
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Yes, just looked at it, GA is loaded with talent that year. Maybe tops in country?
Closed Thread