CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
The Yancey
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
Decommitment from Te (1137)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (876)
Cleveland Browns Hea (722)
Garcia and Clemsux T (702)
Four USC Basketball (370)
Need a dog kennel (310)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (242)
Bowl packages (206)
Former Gamecock root (200)
5 apps to turn your (200)
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Former Gamecock rooting f
The Vent and Coaching cha
QB Next Season?
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
looks like we have 2 OL r
The U ends apparel deal w
So, why is next year goin
Duck Bowl Depth Chart

Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Morris to NC State?

Rumors are heating up 24 hours after loss to South Carolina.

http://coachingsearch.com/home/1816-...ad-morris.html
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit
Default Re: Morris to NC State?

I hope so....this would be great
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Looks like EJ might be out of work too
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
Looks like EJ might be out of work too
That wouldn't surprise me. I'm not bashing EJ, because I appreciate what he did here at South Carolina, but he has flopped any time he has been a head coach.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

A lot of Clemson fans I know don't feel like he'd leave this year. His stock is higher than ever. There's some big jobs open. If he wants to be a head coach now is the time. It doesn't matter to me. His amazing offense in the last 3 SEC games put up 17, 26, and 13 points. All that eye candy doesn't work against teams that are that much more physical. He better get grown men playing o line if he's going to run that offense if he goes to Arky, Auburn, or UT.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

I'd just as soon he stay except that this recruiting class might take a hit if he goes. Though I have a feeling Dabo would make a bad hire, I'd rather face Morris's offense than a lot of others. It's pretty telling that the linked article names the leader for the NC State job as Morris but... "Don't be surprised if Colorado School of Mines head coach Bob Stitt enters the mix". I actually thought that may have been a joke, but apparently the Orediggers are actually a team.
After getting exposed vs. USC for 2 years straight, NC State is as good as Morris can expect.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
It doesn't matter to me. His amazing offense in the last 3 SEC games put up 17, 26, and 13 points.

Exactly. At this point, I really don't understand why people even want Morris to leave Clemson anymore. Two years in a row, we've made his offense look like garbage. I really don't care what they do against weak ACC teams.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Exactly. At this point, I really don't understand why people even want Morris to leave Clemson anymore. Two years in a row, we've made his offense look like garbage. I really don't care what they do against weak ACC teams.
Because as gimmicky as it may be, it only takes one 2-3 poor tackles or blown assignments and his offense gets going. I agree it is overrated, but it is the type of offense that gives you a punchers chance and that talented kids want to play in. It is the perceived scare factor that makes people want him to leave. I also think they'd hire an idiot OC or Dabo would try to run the same offense, with himself as the OC, which would mean serious USC beat down of Clemsux.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Chad Morris' two lowest scoring outputs this year were against Auburn (lol) and USC. Every other game they scored 37 pts or higher.

Chad Morris should stay in the ACC if wants to continue to be successful.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post
I'd just as soon he stay except that this recruiting class might take a hit if he goes. Though I have a feeling Dabo would make a bad hire, I'd rather face Morris's offense than a lot of others. It's pretty telling that the linked article names the leader for the NC State job as Morris but... "Don't be surprised if Colorado School of Mines head coach Bob Stitt enters the mix". I actually thought that may have been a joke, but apparently the Orediggers are actually a team.
After getting exposed vs. USC for 2 years straight, NC State is as good as Morris can expect.
One thing I will give Dabo is he has made great hires as a head coach. I think that is the one thing he is very smart about. He surrounds himself with really good coaches. So I think he would make a good hire.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
One thing I will give Dabo is he has made great hires as a head coach. I think that is the one thing he is very smart about. He surrounds himself with really good coaches. So I think he would make a good hire.
Not on the defensive side of the ball. Yeah Venables was a big-name hire but he wasn't exactly slowing down any of the Big 12 offenses when he was at Oklahoma. I remember reading that Sooner fans were kinda happy he was hired away from them.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear#5 View Post
Not on the defensive side of the ball. Yeah Venables was a big-name hire but he wasn't exactly slowing down any of the Big 12 offenses when he was at Oklahoma. I remember reading that Sooner fans were kinda happy he was hired away from them.
Stoops had demoted him and brought back his brother to run the D. He basically gave the polite way of firing him. He didn't want to straight up fire someone who had done a lot for him, but wasn't getting it done anymore.

I'd also claim that Dabo hasn't done that great of a job hiring coaches. Everyone looks to Morris as a great hire, but has he won them a game against a legit team? Their style of O is half of the D problems. I think Dabo is all about the name and style and not the actual production of wins and loses.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Morris to NC skate, Abo losses bowl game, gets fired, Clampson gets all crazed out and hires Chizic thinking if they have an (not so talented) SEC coach then their problems solved! LOL
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I do think he hit a home-run when he hired Morris, but it was a huge gamble that payed off. He'll need to hire someone to be successful with the players he has (a bad O-line,good WRs, a stable of running backs that is composed of McDowell + ?, and either Stoudt or Gangsta Kelly at QB.That's assuming Boyd goes pro and I saw him projected as the #5 QB in the draft.) Out of desperation I could see Dabo swinging and missing this time. As Spurrier has demonstrated, Dabo is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I think Morris will head on out, he's about as hyped as he can get as an OC and there are lots of good/big jobs open this season. Dabo can probably hire another good OC, but not many have been as successful as morris. Maybe the Riley kid from ECU.

Yow will probably hire a good coach at State. She hired the Fridge which was masterful and no one else was going to do it and she also had franklin set up as HCIW, and he looks to be a good one too.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

I kinda want Morris to stay. We've done nothing but shut down his offense. I'd hate to see Dabo bring in someone that could put together a real offense.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #17
MountainCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro Beaver View Post
Morris to NC skate, Abo losses bowl game, gets fired, Clampson gets all crazed out and hires Chizic thinking if they have an (not so talented) SEC coach then their problems solved! LOL

Now that would be awesome!
MountainCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I don't know. I suspect that if Morris left, Dabo may try and go towards a different offensive philosophy with the next coach. Maybe a more smash mouth type of offense with a more physical mindset. I'm not sure if Dabo would do that or not, but I would prefer that they keep what they have now if that is the direction he would go.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #19
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
I don't know. I suspect that if Morris left, Dabo may try and go towards a different offensive philosophy with the next coach. Maybe a more smash mouth type of offense with a more physical mindset. I'm not sure if Dabo would do that or not, but I would prefer that they keep what they have now if that is the direction he would go.
Dabo, I think, is a spread philosophy kind of guy. The previous OC was spread and most OC are that style, so I see Dabo keeping it like that.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Morris is a paper tiger with stats that look good in ACC but cannot translate in the big games.

If he is smart, he leaves now while he still has a good bit of hype. Another year of dropping big games and his stock may not be as high.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote