CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
CockyLifer
JerseyBird
The Yancey
kingoftheroost
SMOTFS86
Gamecocks1137
B-G
catdaddy66
**USC vs. Coker GAME (2228)
Bruce!!! (1421)
2014 Subway Classic: (1226)
Cocky at the Duck Co (286)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (219)
aTm demolishes Kyle (201)
movers, furniture do (190)
Streaming nfl games (173)
Deer Hunting 2014 (171)
Happy Winter Solstic (125)
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
2015 Commitment - Quandes
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
So, why is next year goin
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Cocky at the Duck Command
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Former Gamecock rooting f
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Bruce!!!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #21
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

CockyCash: 500
ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material
Default Re: Vic Hampton

Hampton said on twitter that he would be back here. Off the field, I've heard nothing but good things. He goes to nursing homes and hospitals trying to bring some cheer. He had pics up on his Facebook page.
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonSquad View Post
Hampton has apparently not been doing the right thing off the field according to some. We'll see.

I understand he can fix his academic issues, if that is what you are referring to. But he has to want to. I hope this isn't another E.Cook situation.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #23
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

Tajh Boyd has completed more passes to Devonte Holloman than Sammy Watkins in the USC-Clemson game over the past 3 years.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #24
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

I saw on his twitter that he responded to someone that he would be back next year. Take it for what it's worth on my phone right now so can't look for it.
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #25
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Word is that Hampton is gone after this year
FWIW - Friend of mine who follows Victor Hampton on Twitter told me last night that he's tweeted out that he will be back next year.

Granted, it's December and not close to the deadline to declare in January.

We'll see, but he could definitely be an All-SEC type talent next season.

GO COCKS!!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #26
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
Tajh Boyd has completed more passes to Devonte Holloman than Sammy Watkins in the USC-Clemson game over the past 3 years.
Not true. Sammy had 4 catches for 37 yards Saturday night. And 4 catches last year. Boyd has only thrown 2 picks to Holloman
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #27
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Not true. Sammy had 4 catches for 37 yards Saturday night. And 4 catches last year. Boyd has only thrown 2 picks to Holloman
3 picks in 4 years for him though which is sweet
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #28
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
3 picks in 4 years for him though which is sweet
All of them were huge too.

09: Picked Kyle Parker to set up the go ahead score. Wouldn't look back.
11: Ended the game pretty much.
12: Snuffed out a drive late in the first half.

The one this year was big. Glad we got pressure on him. Because from where I was sitting, Sammy was about to run right by Hampton. It would have been 6 IMO.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #29
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

Hampton is only a Sophomore. Are you allowed to enter the draft being red shirted and only playing 2 years?

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #30
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksB2BChamps24 View Post
Hampton is only a Sophomore. Are you allowed to enter the draft being red shirted and only playing 2 years?
yup. the rule is 3 years out of high school.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #31
theroost
Walk On

Male

theroost has feathers coming intheroost has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Word is that Hampton is gone after this year
Per his twitter account, he will be returning.

https://twitter.com/BigDreams_27/sta...44976113348608

Quote:
Hampton has apparently not been doing the right thing off the field according to some. We'll see.
I'd be very disappointed to hear that this was true. It was only a couple weeks ago that Whammy was saying how proud they are in Hampton's improvement, and that Whammy's assistant (I forget which one) seemed to have a great rapport with Victor.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #32
GAMEDAY
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 505
GAMEDAY has hatched from the shell

Got a chance to meet him on the field after the game Saturday. He took pictures with everyone and was giving away his shoes, gloves, arm bands, etc. I asked if he could take a picture with my niece and he responded with ' yes sir'. We have outstanding young men on this team!

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
GAMEDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #33
CarolinaCoonedawg
Thug Life

Male

CockyCash: 475
CarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCoonedawg has developed his gaff and talons

Saw Vic after the game on Saturday when most of the stadium had cleared out....he had asked to take a pic of the shirt I was wearing. He said he would be back next year...and this was also posted on his twitter the next day.

He took the pic with me and my Cluck Femson shirt, but my favorite was when he took the pic with the Oconee/Pickens Police and they were holding up the #4peat sign!
Attached Images

"I once said you're either a Gator or a Gator Hater; I've changed my tune a little now. Now I say you're either a Gamecock or a Cock Block: a little racy, but it gets the point across" - Steve Spurrier
CarolinaCoonedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #34
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

those are badass
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #35
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoonedawg View Post
Saw Vic after the game on Saturday when most of the stadium had cleared out....he had asked to take a pic of the shirt I was wearing. He said he would be back next year...and this was also posted on his twitter the next day.

He took the pic with me and my Cluck Femson shirt, but my favorite was when he took the pic with the Oconee/Pickens Police and they were holding up the #4peat sign!
Awesome pictures my friend!

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #36
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoonedawg View Post

yeah those are awesome pics brother. The one with the police officers is great!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #37
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

I've repeatedly said I think Victor is a better CB athletically than any other DB we've had here in awhile (even Gilmore). If Vic can stick around and become fully involved in developing his game, he could be a star.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #38
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I've repeatedly said I think Victor is a better CB athletically than any other DB we've had here in awhile (even Gilmore). If Vic can stick around and become fully involved in developing his game, he could be a star.
your sig is hilarious!!!!!

how did you get vid of mark may practicing?????? i guess we know how he got this job now!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #39
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Wasn't there just an article put out about how he had turned himself around for the better(off the field) and Brown had taken him under his wing etc?
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #40
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Brisons had a few nice hits in the first half and played very well overall. He's definitely coming along this season.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote