CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Tolley
taylorssc
ColaCock
SwampFox
GamecockGuardsman
TN game weather (1339)
Who is your favorite (1026)
Aliens Are Real (517)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (457)
FSU vs. Louisville (347)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (308)
Need a ride tomorrow (229)
Talking Animals (176)
Cavs vs. Bulls (154)
UT Vols failed to re (87)
Who is your favorite play
Uniforms for Tenn
TN game weather
Interesting quotes from D
Lattimore to play after S
Have you ever been so wro
4th down territory
UT Vols failed to report
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014

Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #61
CockNBlythewood
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 300
CockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to CockNBlythewood
Default Re: Clemson's use of strobe scoreboards on third down

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Stadium security??? What a joke. I don't know about y'all but it took 20 mins to make it through the turnstiles. I told my wife it was b/c of bag checks. NOPE. They didn't even check our bags.

Strobe lights were very distracting and I noticed them too. Definitely would be a problem in the SEC. Also, don't even wanna think about the traffic leaving the stadium any more. It took 2.5 hrs just to get out of Clemson.

Bottom line..Clemson sucks.

Oh my sweet gentle Jesus. We sat in the parking lot for TWO HOURS. Not one car moved. And much to my surprise, when we finally got out there was a cop directing traffic! What the hell was he doing all that time?!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #62
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNBlythewood View Post
Oh my sweet gentle Jesus. We sat in the parking lot for TWO HOURS. Not one car moved. And much to my surprise, when we finally got out there was a cop directing traffic! What the hell was he doing all that time?!
sounds exactly like my experience. got to the car at 11:30, didn't leave the parking lot until 1
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #63
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

CockyCash: 200
LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNBlythewood View Post
when we finally got out there was a cop directing traffic!

Was it the guy who wrote Dabo the ticket? If so, that could have been the problem......
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #64
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
That "tiger roar" sounds like a toilet flushing.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #65
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000420
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
that damn cannon is annoying too. and on third down the band plays as loud as it can (which isnt too loud) in order to make them sound loud. all bush league and sad
I'm pretty sure the band was mic'ed up because the sound was definitely coming through the speakers. Also, on multiple occassions, the band would still be playing after we were lined up on the line of scrimmage. I'm sure DT was having a hard time audibling over the band coming through the speakers.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #66
mvb1
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1992
mvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his combmvb1 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
shouldn't be allowed.

noise is one thing.

strobing lights are meant to induce nausea, vomiting, and seizures.

Isn't that what we use sandstorm for?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #67
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Clemson is by far the worst place in the world to get out of
Old 11-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #68
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

and one of the worst to go to
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #69
bmwparts
Blue Chip

Male

bmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spurs

I can tell none of you went to UK game, UK has the same lights and they did the same thing, my eyes couldn't focus at all and I told my wife "I don't see how they play with those crazy blue lights flashing & moving" and I told her during the clemsux game "look they have the same lights as UK".

But your right, they shouldn't be used and can cause the visiting team problems the way they use them.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #70
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Stadium security??? What a joke. I don't know about y'all but it took 20 mins to make it through the turnstiles. I told my wife it was b/c of bag checks. NOPE. They didn't even check our bags.

Strobe lights were very distracting and I noticed them too. Definitely would be a problem in the SEC. Also, don't even wanna think about the traffic leaving the stadium any more. It took 2.5 hrs just to get out of Clemson.

Bottom line..Clemson sucks.
As long as were on the topic of security I got threatened with a Minor in Possession ticket TWICE while I was up there........I'm 21.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #71
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

I love the fact that it takes 3 hours for the traffic to clear out, it gave me plenty of time to taunt all those tiger fans as they drove by. We we're blasting sandstorm on perimeter road until 2am.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #72
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACOCK View Post
I'm pretty sure the band was mic'ed up because the sound was definitely coming through the speakers. Also, on multiple occassions, the band would still be playing after we were lined up on the line of scrimmage. I'm sure DT was having a hard time audibling over the band coming through the speakers.
not illegal in CFB. You just have to be done playing by the time they snap the ball.

The SEC has rules about when you can use electronic noises (like a mic'ed band) but they don't apply to Clemson.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #73
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
I love the fact that it takes 3 hours for the traffic to clear out
We must have gotten lucky, as we parked in the free parking off Hwy 93, across the road from the CU president's home.

We jumped on Clemson Blvd, turned left at the Armory, went to Pendleton, and took Hwy 88 out of town to Hwy 8 near I-85.

Zero delays and the hardly any traffic.

If you parked closer to the stadium, you were probably weren't going anywhere for a while.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #74
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksfanNC View Post
Yep, it was obvious and annoying, and their stadium security is assinine for not putting an end to it -- although our team did that job for them. :) Strobe lights and vuvuzelas...desperation much?
It isn't against ACC rules. Why would they put an end to it?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #75
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

Thought the lights were pretty distracting myself. I was in TDT, pretty high up, pretty much the farthest away from their "big" board as possible (only one smaller board was viewable, but at a bad angle) and it was glaring however many yards away I was from it (at least 150). Iron Man and Hell's Bells did seem to pump the crowd up on third down though.

Living on a prayer right before half was entertaining. I like the choice of music for kickoffs. Zombie Nation and the version of Seven Nation Army they used worked well, although I thought the video of the actual kicker pumping up the crowd was hilarious.

Don't want to talk about traffic either, it was downright awful.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote