CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4230)
Cunningham wants to (1062)
ESPN article on Clow (612)
Clemson Georgia Game (607)
Horseshoes has been (430)
Fumble party (336)
1964 World’s Fair (226)
New Led Zep releases (123)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (119)
Truly Inspiring (92)
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Name a Gamecock
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 11-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #41
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc
Default Re: Swearinger sitting over Ellington picture

I have been sore the past 2 days because that hit was so hard
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #42
bmwparts
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
bmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spurs

that hit reminded me of a play that "set the tone" when we beat Bama, remember Gilmore ripping Jones helmet off....lmao....gotta play D with some attitude and everybody feeds off it! I loved it! Go DJ Swag!!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #43
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
It would never happen, but who else would like to see a life sized bronze statue of this outside of Willy B? How sick would that look as you enter the grounds around the stadium? Think of the statue at the CWS. Ellington on the ground, Swag crouched in front, and AA looking down on the scene. Around the platform would be the etching of every USC win date in the series and the score with room for more of course. A thing of beauty. I'd donate for that.
They could at least throw up a big picture somewhere around the stadium or on the billboards near by. It would be awesome to have for all the Clemsux fans to see.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #44
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwparts View Post
that hit reminded me of a play that "set the tone" when we beat Bama, remember Gilmore ripping Jones helmet off....lmao....gotta play D with some attitude and everybody feeds off it! I loved it! Go DJ Swag!!
One play can define and change a game. This play definitely sent a message to their offense.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #45
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his comb

Maybe the greatest hit, considering the game and circumstances, in our history. Unbelievable intensity. And it was in their house.

Early in the game one of our db's flipped a leaping receiver.....anybody remember who it was or have a pic?
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #46
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanohio View Post
Maybe the greatest hit, considering the game and circumstances, in our history. Unbelievable intensity.

Early in the game one of our db's flipped a leaping receiver.....anybody remember who it was or have a pic?
I think it was Akeem (or Brison, can't recall) but the receiver was Hopkins.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #47
FloTownCocky
Office Linebacker

Male

FloTownCocky has feathers coming inFloTownCocky has feathers coming in

Can anyone get a picture of Swearinger pointing the clemson players to the sidelines after the Holloman interception? It was the same point he did in the GA game haha. Love that guy.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #48
Cockfight
Recruit

Male

Cockfight has feathers coming inCockfight has feathers coming in

Anybody who thinks the hit and the staredown was CLASSLESS by DJ SWEARINGER has obviously never played football. This is a game of emotion. That hit was legal and the intimidation that followed is a part of the game. Whats the difference between DJ intimidation and Clowney sacking Tajh then fist pumping standing over him? There is no difference, there should have never been a penalty. I wish we had several with the attitude of Swearinger. He is a beast!

Cockfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #49
tuck2694
Walk On

Male

tuck2694 has hatched from the shell

Where can I get this animated GIF?
tuck2694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #50
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
DJ is exactly what you want on defense.
The hit I agree, however, I think the taunt could ignite a team plus we didn't need the 15 yard penalty. If we had anybody else to send in I think they should have sat him for a couple of plays. One of these times the opposing team will wait a play or two then sandwich him at the end of a play and take the 15 yards penalty. I know if he goes to the Pros he won't get away with that crap.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #51
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

scfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&GSpur View Post
The hit I agree, however, I think the taunt could ignite a team plus we didn't need the 15 yard penalty. If we had anybody else to send in I think they should have sat him for a couple of plays. One of these times the opposing team will wait a play or two then sandwich him at the end of a play and take the 15 yards penalty. I know if he goes to the Pros he won't get away with that crap.
He is made for the NFL. As soon as I saw the hit and the pose my thought was he's going to be the Ravens or Steelers first round pick.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #52
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sometimes a 15 yard penalty is well worth it
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #53
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

Quote:
you would have to be extremely stupid to sit DJ. i mean negative iq retarded.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #54
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Sometimes a 15 yard penalty is well worth it
he was probably upset DJ launched the ball into the endzone after the 69 yard INT return for TD against arkansas drawing a 15 yard penalty.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #55
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
he was probably upset DJ launched the ball into the endzone after the 69 yard INT return for TD against arkansas drawing a 15 yard penalty.

Yea, probably so. I have never cared for stupid penalties...but I had zero problem with DJ throwing the ball into the stands or flexing over ellington..better yet I loved both of those plays and think they were game/momentum changing plays. They also solidified DJ as one of my all time favorite Gamecocks. Both were EPIC.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #56
cockysousa
Battle

Male

cockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck2694 View Post
Where can I get this animated GIF?
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1353813696
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss
cockysousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #57
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
you would have to be extremely stupid to sit DJ. i mean negative iq retarded.

It would be my guess you have never been a parent. My Dad would have given me a kick in the butt if I had taken an unnecessary penalty for self gratification.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #58
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
This should be put up somewhere in the athletic building for all to see all the time. I know it was a penalty but it's just so sweet and with Akeem in it too. Bad Ass!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #59
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
It would be my guess you have never been a parent.
my guess is you have never played football
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #60
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

I've looked the play over and over and to my surprise, DJ lead with his shoulder and not his helmet. His helmet made glancing contact and the fact of the matter is that his body flew into the play at the speed of sound. That's what made this such a badass play. It WAS NOT targeting.

The call should have been overturned. DJ is innocent.

The taunting? I normally hate that kind of behavior, but when you do it to a hot-shot Clemson receiver that thinks he's all that and a bag of chips, hell, yes, I'm all over it. Damn it, this is a rivalry game and not a pillow fight (although that's what ACC games seem to be).

"That's why girls don't play the game".