CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
NineInchSpurs
Gamecock Billy
SwampFox
Winston (4355)
ESPN reporter adding (2193)
For the love of God! (1963)
SOS: No QB controve (1837)
Waldrop injured (1668)
Just read this. (981)
In light of our matc (889)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (866)
How we won the UGA g (805)
Christian Walker cal (533)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson requires sex hist
ESPN reporter adding to t
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
In light of our matchup w
If this doesn't give you
Davis dinged up again?
Tony Stewart kills Kevin
Winston

Old 11-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #101
themadgreek187
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
themadgreek187 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Gator Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
The stadium has the Bud Zone in the endzone, basically a bar where you can stand and watch the game. You can also take a boat to the game from the landing, or from the south bank. The landing, San Marco and Avondale are all nearby to downtown and have neat shops and bars to go to. Around the landing and the south bank, you can take a water taxi back and forth. places to eat go anywhere from Hooters to Ruth Chris steak house to River City brewing around the landing and south bank.

The stadium was demolished and rebuilt. It is not a dump. My suggestion would be to go the the tailgaters lot ( http://tailgatersparking.com/ ). Easy walk, nice grass lots, and an open air bar.

I, and other residents of Jax can post some ideas for folks if we get this bowl, but there is a lot to do within range. St. Augustine, Fernandina, golf, tennis, the river, the beaches, etc. Might not be beach weather, but it's still a pretty cool place.

Oh, they have railroad cars at the stadium too. Not in a line, though. They liked our idea.
http://www.adamsstreetstation.com/index.php

i tailgate under the bridge by the railroad cars. its a easy walk to the stadium.it is now the bud light zone though lol. i sit in sec 229 for my jaguars season tickets. not a bad seat in the stadium. if we do play in the gator bowl, anyone feel free to ask me or anyone else on here about the area.
themadgreek187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #102
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Why would you want to select a lesser bowl (Gator) over a better bowl (Outback)...just because it is 3 hours closer in drive time and we haven't won it so it is "something different"?

That shouldn't be a priority for what bowl you want to attend. We should want to play in the highest bowl in the pecking order that matches us up with the most difficult opponent.

Besides, Jacksonville sucks compared to Tampa.
Agree.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #103
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

The area right around the stadium looks sketchy, no worse than at Williams Brice, sorry no Jaco's. That area lives for football and it is very safe, although it looks a little rough. Those folks make a ton of money parking on game day. I have never heard of an incident down there, and I am there every home Jags game.

Tailgaters parking is the way to go for tailgating. They have real bathrooms-no Port O Potty's, and a bar with a dance floor and music for the celebration. Since I am a Jags fan, we have not used that dance floor much in the last couple of years.

The Gator Bowl is a long standing tradition in Jacksonville, it has been around since 1946. The city really does do a great job for the game because it is important to the city. There will be lots of locals who will attend the game no matter who is playing simply out of tradition. I would be proud to put that trophy in our display case.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #104
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

The first bowl game that I ever attended was the Outback Bowl when we got dominated by Iowa. I also worked at Outback Steakhouse all throughout college. I will probably forever harbor negative feelings towards the Outback Bowl.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #105
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

My first bowl experience was the first Outback Bowl against Ohio State. Ryan Brewer dominated that day. THAT BEING SAID, I'd love to travel to a different bowl.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #106
wowo
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2100
wowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Paratrooper View Post
Well at least it's not 2010 at the papa johns bowl. Bad stadium, bad weather, shady area. Anything in the sunshine state on jan 1st will work out for me.
I think Birmingham changed their motto to "Coldest place on earth" after that game.
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #107
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Would love to face either Michigan or Michigan State!

Invading stores now!!

CockyHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #108
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
According to Gatorbowl.com their bus is in Columbia, 1 week ago. Maybe talking to R.T. and SOS?
They were at the wofford game, I walked right past it but didn't think anything about it at the time!
Cocky_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #109
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

From all indications.....we will end up in Tampa. That's the buzz on social media anyway.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #110
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

Been to the Outback bowl 3 times. Ready for something different.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #111
cockysousa
Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
cockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
The Gator Bowl and Coach Tanner have been in contact with each other, and both agree we would be a good fit for each other this season.

Tanner doesn't want our fans to have to drive to Tampa, and both the Outback Bowl and Carolina have some bad feelings about our last appearance down there.

However, it's not clear if the Outback bowl would pass on us and take a western division team (likely LSU or TAMU) as the Outback has always preferred teams from the east.

I think it sucks that beating Clemson actually hurt our bowl possibilities (not being able to go to the CFA), but I'd much rather have the short drive to Jax. than have the "honor" for playing in what is perceived as a better bowl.
I'm sorry, but this is just asinine.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #112
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockysousa View Post
I'm sorry, but this is just asinine.
It is kinda true though. Knocking them out of BCS bowl game contention relegates them to the Chic-fil-a bowl, who won't invite us for a back to back game re-match.

Not really 'asinine'.

I will say though - not exactly sure I see why this would be THAT big of a deal. I would love to beat Clemson 5 times in 4 years. Will make for quite the 'thumb' story.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #113
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Exactly. And Raymond-James is about 5 miles from my house. No brainer, right!

I'm like the lobbyists who push for their city to host the next Olympics over here.

Tampuh! Tampuh! Tampuh!

I went to the first 2 Outback Bowls (The 2 against OSU).... I loved it down there... Now if I was just as close to Tampa as I was Jax.... then I would be all for going to the Outback Bowl...

Either way.... Ill make the trek this year... Probably piss off my wife, but oh well...
Old 11-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #114
cockysousa
Sunshine Pumper

Male

cockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
It is kinda true though. Knocking them out of BCS bowl game contention relegates them to the Chic-fil-a bowl, who won't invite us for a back to back game re-match.

Not really 'asinine'.

I will say though - not exactly sure I see why this would be THAT big of a deal. I would love to beat Clemson 5 times in 4 years. Will make for quite the 'thumb' story.
Our losses to Florida and LSU hurt our bowl possibilities. 9-3 with a loss to Clemson does not make us more attractive in bowl selections than 10-2 with our 4th win in a row over our rivals. ;)
Old 11-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #115
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
The first bowl game that I ever attended was the Outback Bowl when we got dominated by Iowa. I also worked at Outback Steakhouse all throughout college. I will probably forever harbor negative feelings towards the Outback Bowl.
I refuse to eat Papajohns pizza after the Papajohns.com bowl debacle.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #116
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockysousa View Post
Our losses to Florida and LSU hurt our bowl possibilities. 9-3 with a loss to Clemson does not make us more attractive in bowl selections than 10-2 with our 4th win in a row over our rivals. ;)

Yep... we win one of those.... we are in New Orleans, probably playing Oklahoma... Just think... if we would have held on to beat LSU...
Old 11-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #117
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I refuse to eat Papajohns pizza after the Papajohns.com bowl debacle.

LOL!! Me and a good friend that went down with me have sworn off that place since our bowl experience... Still cant believe they ran out of pizza during the FIRST QUARTER!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #118
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

One of my best and worst Carolina football memories was the 1980 Gator bowl loss to Pitt.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #119
cockysousa
Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Yep... we win one of those.... we are in New Orleans, probably playing Oklahoma... Just think... if we would have held on to beat LSU...
Either one of those wins and we're headed to ATL to play in the "semi-final" against the "invincible" Bama team who was "invincible" last time we beat them.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #120
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Why would you want to select a lesser bowl (Gator) over a better bowl (Outback)...just because it is 3 hours closer in drive time and we haven't won it so it is "something different"?

That shouldn't be a priority for what bowl you want to attend. We should want to play in the highest bowl in the pecking order that matches us up with the most difficult opponent.

Besides, Jacksonville sucks compared to Tampa.
with the sec splitting revenue and the opponents being nortwestern/wisconsin, it all really runs together. in that case some of us want to drive to the game instead of fly. simple..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote