CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
Spurticus
markymark550
MWard
WeStill0wnUSC
Lonnie
gamecockgal
Another A&M aggi (1755)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1415)
Green and Lammons (1125)
Asheville/Spartanbur (585)
2016 - Terrance Davi (423)
2016 - Anthony " (350)
It's Cover Two's bda (332)
Nashville (308)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (244)
Dawg DL man arrested (157)
Is it time to switch from
Green and Lammons
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Another A&M aggie off
2014 ultimate tailgate po
Good Article for those co
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Brandon Sandifer

Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #61
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs
Default Re: Bowl game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCWriter View Post
Brad Edwards and Mark Schlabach's updated projections, these always seem to be pretty accurate when it's said and done:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ns?season=2012
Seems fair, but at this point it would be stupid to predict a Georgia win over Alabama. I just don't see that happening.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #62
Cocky Garnet
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his claws

To me, our bowl game comes down to how UGA plays Saturday. If they put up a good fight, then the Outback may want them for a repeat. Otherwise, the CFA committee might value tickets sold over hotel rooms occupied and have them play again the the GA Dome. I don't think the Capital One will want them after a loss. (They didn't last year.) And I don't see LSU falling past the Cotton Bowl. They will likely be the #3 ranked SEC team after this weekend. CU seems like a lock to the be the ACC CFA rep, so that's a no-go for us.

So, I think the tea leaves are tied to Saturday at 3:30 on CBS. If UGA puts up a fight (and it has the talent to do so, for certain), then we get the short drive to Jacksonville. If they perform poorly as they did last year in this game, bad Australian accents and bloomin' onions all around.
Cocky Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #63
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I know it is unrelated, but...

Wow, Rutgers is unranked in the BCS but they are probably going to the Orange Bowl....

Funny.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #64
cockysousa
Battle

Male

CockyCash: 300
cockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
If the UGA-Clemson matchup does happen... Remember they open the season against each other next year. That'd be back to back games UGA gets to kill them.
I'd rather the stadium explode.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! - Dr. Seuss
cockysousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #65
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107787138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
do they run the option? because i dont want to watch another option game.. goes way too fast
no.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #66
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I know it is unrelated, but...

Wow, Rutgers is unranked in the BCS but they are probably going to the Orange Bowl....

Funny.

Actually... If Kent State gets into the final BCS top 16, then they would take the Big East conference's place... So, you could see a Kent State/FSU Gator Bowl..

BTW: Kent State's only loss?? a 33 point loss to Kentucky.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #67
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Northwestern is an option attack. Hope we don't play them in a bowl.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #68
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Actually... If Kent State gets into the final BCS top 16, then they would take the Big East conference's place... So, you could see a Kent State/FSU Gator Bowl..

BTW: Kent State's only loss?? a 33 point loss to Kentucky.
No the big east champ would still get in. Kent state would automatically qualify as well
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #69
cockysousa
Battle

Male

CockyCash: 300
cockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talons

I'm going to call it: Capital One.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! - Dr. Seuss
cockysousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #70
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky Garnet View Post
To me, our bowl game comes down to how UGA plays Saturday. If they put up a good fight, then the Outback may want them for a repeat. Otherwise, the CFA committee might value tickets sold over hotel rooms occupied and have them play again the the GA Dome. I don't think the Capital One will want them after a loss. (They didn't last year.) And I don't see LSU falling past the Cotton Bowl. They will likely be the #3 ranked SEC team after this weekend. CU seems like a lock to the be the ACC CFA rep, so that's a no-go for us.

So, I think the tea leaves are tied to Saturday at 3:30 on CBS. If UGA puts up a fight (and it has the talent to do so, for certain), then we get the short drive to Jacksonville. If they perform poorly as they did last year in this game, bad Australian accents and bloomin' onions all around.

The CFA is sold out this year except for tickets allocated to participants and I believe that is 10-12,000 per school. The CFA generally wants the best matchup and don't care about ticket sales so much.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #71
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
No the big east champ would still get in. Kent state would automatically qualify as well

You sure?? I thought if an AQ champion is not in the top 16, but a non AQ champion is, they take their place... I am fairly sure that is what Brad Edwards said last night on the BCS Show...
Old 11-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #72
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yeah, CFA sells out every year. They're not so much worried about tickets as they are matchups and hotels.

With ClemTech in it, we have no shot. I'd love to see UGA, LSU, or aTm in it though, they'd all give Clemson another national beat-down.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #73
Cocky Garnet
Walk On

Male

Cocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
The CFA is sold out this year except for tickets allocated to participants and I believe that is 10-12,000 per school. The CFA generally wants the best matchup and don't care about ticket sales so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Yeah, CFA sells out every year. They're not so much worried about tickets as they are matchups and hotels.

With ClemTech in it, we have no shot. I'd love to see UGA, LSU, or aTm in it though, they'd all give Clemson another national beat-down.
Good call; you're both right. I remember being rather disappointed in the empty seats when we played FSU two years ago, because I had heard all week how it was sold out.

Georgia staying home for the CFA sounds more and more likely, provided they don't pull an upset Saturday. The CFA Bowl is becoming the SEC East winner/SEC Championship loser bowl. (It was for us two years ago and seems likely again this year, although UGA only fell to the Outback last year.) Here's hoping we put it all together and reverse that next season!
Cocky Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #74
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

from what i hear, bowls will go like this if bama beats uga:
bcsc:bama
sugar:florida
Cap 1: a&m
cotton:uga/lsu(i keep hearing uga which surprises me)
outback:carolina
chicfila:lsu/uga
gator:vandy maybe
not sure about the rest
Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #75
miked237
Walk On

Male

miked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spurs

I wouldn't be surprised to see us fall to the Gator because there's too many good teams at the top. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised if the Cap One or Cotton come calling. The matchups are too tempting to pass up though, especially if there's a chance of an aTm-tu Cotton Bowl.

It depends on both the SEC and ACC title games. For the SECCG, is it a close game or a blowout? And elaborating on ACC and B1G title games is enough to give anyone a migrane.

If UGA loses close:
BCSNCG: Bama
Sugar: Florida
Cap One: UGA
Cotton: aTm (too good to pass up an aTm-tu bowl game)/LSU
Outback: USC/aTm
CFA: LSU/Vanderbilt
Gator: Vanderbilt/USC

If UGA gets the 56-17 blowout treatment:
BCSNCG: Bama
Sugar: Florida
Cap One: aTm/LSU/USC
Cotton: aTm/LSU
Outback: UGA/USC
CFA: UGA/Vanderbilt
Gator: Vanderbilt/USC

As it looks right now, I'm thinking either Outback or Gator, but anything can happen.
miked237 is offline   Reply With Quote