CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
GregoryHouse
zcoop
Badazcock
Gamecocks1137
roosterdude21
Jdallen20
Cockypantherfan
GamecockinILL
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (14260)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1831)
Simple "yes&quo (1383)
Phil Steele just pre (1081)
Garcia: Change the R (647)
TeMarcus Blanton (642)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (302)
Anybody just have th (296)
Wallpaper & Back (255)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Anybody just have that &q
WET PAPER SACK DEFENSE
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Bama @ Tennessee
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g

Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #181
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do we have a QB controversy going into 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownage McGee View Post
The real controversy will be with Nosovitch and Mitch next year. Hate to say it but DT will be the 3rd or 4th best QB on our roster. All in all a good problem to have
You very well ,ay be right about that. It will be interesting for sure. Can't wait.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #182
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by unspokenrespect View Post
Spurrier decisions baffle me at times.
Just don't be baffled by the fact that he is the best coach we have ever had. We are better than we have ever been. We have better players deep at all positions than we have ever had.

The coach is crazy? ok.....
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #183
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb

Spurrier personally told Connor Mitch that if he signed with us he would stay and coach another 4 years. Mitch is the guy that SOS has been waiting for since he's been here. A pocket passer who can run his offense to a tee.

I know he will be a true frosh but don't count him out of this conversation. The kid can play.
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #184
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownage McGee View Post
Spurrier personally told Connor Mitch that if he signed with us he would stay and coach another 4 years. Mitch is the guy that SOS has been waiting for since he's been here. A pocket passer who can run his offense to a tee.

I know he will be a true frosh but don't count him out of this conversation. The kid can play.
Ive been super excited about him.

Isn't it great that we're in the best era of USC football ever. And the future only looks brighter?
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #185
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by unspokenrespect View Post
Well, that is a lie seeing how Thompson performed in place of Shaw when he was injured earlier this year and was still benched for Shaw.

All year people on this forum said Shaw had experience and blah blah blah. When we needed him most against good competition he didn't show up. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Thompson is benched again. Spurrier decisions baffle me at times.

I think Spurrier knows a whole lot about quarterbacking than you do.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #186
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
I respect and love Shaw for what he has done this year, but lets face it Shaw has not been doing that great of late. DT is the Spurrier type QB not Shaw there is no debate of that. To those who talked about Shaw's 20 of 21 look at those passes they were screens and short dump pass nothing real deep down the field. Yes its great he did that I don't expect Shaw to do what DT can down the field, last year Shaw had Alshon to throw jump passes to and were completed on Alshon's vertical. See the Citrus Bowl Hail Mary.
HE WAS INJURED!!!!!!! ...and still managed to win all of his games except the two on the road against top ten teams. most qb's would have said the hell with it, as soon as they fractured their scapula. this guy stays in there and takes hit after hit on a fractured scapula, then fractures his foot. but still continues to give this program and its fans all he can, and what does he get in return? fans who are willing to throw him under the bus because the backup qb played well against a couple of the worst defenses in the country. how would you feel if it was you? where's the loyalty?
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #187
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
But the more I read from many posters, there is just genuine dislike for Connor. I will never understand it.
Subliminal...his head reminds them of a USMC drill sergeant.

Garcia kinda had the Rambo look...Dylan must remind them of Channing Tatum. If Connor grew him a mullet, the love fest would be off the charts.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #188
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
HE WAS INJURED!!!!!!! ...and still managed to win all of his games except the two on the road against top ten teams. most qb's would have said the hell with it, as soon as they fractured their scapula. this guy stays in there and takes hit after hit on a fractured scapula, then fractures his foot. but still continues to give this program and its fans all he can, and what does he get in return? fans who are willing to throw him under the bus because the backup qb played well against a couple of the worst defenses in the country. how would you feel if it was you? where's the loyalty?
Loyalty doesn't have a place in big time football. Produce or sit. We've got a whole spring and summer for SOS to figure out who's going to do that for us. Last time we kept a guy past his prime for loyalty we lost a winnable game and missed out on going to ATL.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #189
BloodySpur
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
BloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervous

After next spring, if he works hard in the off season, I think Thompson will be our QB... I really like this kid!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #190
swjwjwkw
Walk On

Female

swjwjwkw is sharpening his clawsswjwjwkw is sharpening his clawsswjwjwkw is sharpening his clawsswjwjwkw is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber View Post
Legitimate question...

I think they need to use DT and CS similar to how Florida used Jeff Driskel and Trey Burton. Let DT be the starter and the main QB, but bring in Shaw on certain occasions. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love me some CS, but DT seems to be more comfortable in the pocket. Plus the rest of the skill players seem to have more confidence in the offense when DT is in the game.

"HEAVEN ON EARTH"
swjwjwkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #191
cocky-K
4-Star

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

Connor is a great athlete and needs to be on the field, but not as a quarterback. I have been more impressed with Dylan in his starts than I have ever been with Connor, and I'm not talking about heart or toughness, I mean pure quarterback skills. I know Dylan has not started against a great defense, but what matters is 1.1000 2.1000 and the ball is in the air. He has more zip on the ball and he doesn't take an eternity to figure out where he's going with it.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #192
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky-K View Post
Connor is a great athlete and needs to be on the field, but not as a quarterback. I have been more impressed with Dylan in his starts than I have ever been with Connor, and I'm not talking about heart or toughness, I mean pure quarterback skills. I know Dylan has not started against a great defense, but what matters is 1.1000 2.1000 and the ball is in the air. He has more zip on the ball and he doesn't take an eternity to figure out where he's going with it.
Connor was a receiver in high school while brother Jaybo QB'd.
He only QB after his brother graduated.
So even if Connor no longer QBs, I think he will be a WR.
With his speed, along with Bruce and Ace, WATCH OUT!
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #193
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

One (very minor) negative critique I saw regarding Dylan is that on many of his scrambles Sat night when he ran out of bounds/slid he was 1/2 to 1 a yard short of the 1st down marker. I think we went on to make 1st downs on those drives anyway, but he needs to have a better on field presence and know where the yard to make is.

As I said, very minor critique.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #194
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #195
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

I just can't even believe this is a "controversy". You know what you're getting w/ Shaw at this point, and opposing Defenses do, too. Hold on to ball too long, pressure the weak side, he scrambles right and crumples into the arms of a waiting DLine/LB. Dylan's a more decisive passer and if people can't see that the TEAM seems to respond better w/ him in the game they're frankly not paying attention.

I'm very grateful for all Shaw has done, but whether it's injury or regression or both, he's not utilizing the playmakers we have on offense in an effective way. Thompson has. Shaw is run first. DT isn't, and it's the difference in a multifaceted offensive strategy or a 1-dimensional one that doomed us against LSU.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #196
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I think that we will have a proven backup quarterback and that maybe Shaw will be allowed to keep running instead of the slide that resulted in his shoulder injury. Also, Shaw's sliding gave up alot of potential yds. Make the D push you out of bounds and tackle you in the open field. Shaw should be more of Manziel type of runner if did.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #197
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
Loyalty doesn't have a place in big time football. Produce or sit. We've got a whole spring and summer for SOS to figure out who's going to do that for us. Last time we kept a guy past his prime for loyalty we lost a winnable game and missed out on going to ATL.
You don't think Connor has produced?

I just don't understand to what happened to the credibility of being PROVEN. Connor has PROVEN more against better teams than Dylan. I am behind and support any QB who gives us a better chance to win...so don't think i am downing Dylan at all...but Connor has a better QB rating against overall harder D's this year...the numbers speak for themself

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #198
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Here's my question: why is it that ANY criticism of Shaw whatsoever is met from some of you like blatant disloyalty and disrespect? This is SEC Football. I sympathize w/ what Shaw must have been going through Saturday night, but there are 84 other kids on that team (not to mention millions of fans) and we should all just "suck it up" because of one player's "feelings"? What about Thompson's "feelings"? He comes in when called upon and does everything anyone could have asked and more and yet we have you guys wanting to dismiss his efforts as "just the backup QB against crappy Ds". Where's the appreciation?
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #199
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Here's my question: why is it that ANY criticism of Shaw whatsoever is met from some of you like blatant disloyalty and disrespect? This is SEC Football. I sympathize w/ what Shaw must have been going through Saturday night, but there are 84 other kids on that team (not to mention millions of fans) and we should all just "suck it up" because of one player's "feelings"? What about Thompson's "feelings"? He comes in when called upon and does everything anyone could have asked and more and yet we have you guys wanting to dismiss his efforts as "just the backup QB against crappy Ds". Where's the appreciation?
I have already said in other threads that Dylan did a heck of a job coming in on the road and played a heck of a game. All i'm saying is i can't understand how others can say he should start now and how is better than Connor b/c he has done good against 2 PATHETIC defenses...that is all

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 11-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #200
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

As an opposing fan I would rather see CS back there than DT.

But you will beat us if you play QB with Spurrier so who cares about me.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote