CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
elcid99
sporkgod50
auslander
conwaycock2
M.C.
davisd9
RGHoskins
75CarolinaFan
My predictions for 2 (942)
An Aggies View of th (915)
Tennessee (582)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (502)
Elcid99 (428)
Question on Student (415)
Clowney in Practice (375)
SEC Recruiting Advan (369)
Erin Murray's brothe (351)
Camp scheduled relea (300)
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
DirecTV
Question on Student Secti
Travelle Warton retires
Elcid99
Tennessee
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
An Aggies View of the Mat
2015 Commitment - Davon D
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Exclamation Cack's Toast Of The Game: Clemson

First off, lets get back at those seniors, who have and will NEVER lose to Clemson.

Before I get into the toast, I wanted to point out the accomplishments this team has done this season. This team will go down, yet again, as one of the greatest Gamecock teams of all time. I, like most/all of you, was down in the pits after we dropped 2 straight. In years past the team would have packed their bags and called it a season. These guys are different, and are the reasons we're all able to go into work today with something to crow about.

Coach Spurrier - All-time wins as a coach, (chance to tie most wins in a season. That he already owns)
Marcus Lattimore - All-time TD Leader, All-time rushing TD Leader
Jadaveon Clowney - Single Season Sack Leader, Single Season TFL Leader
Ace Sanders - Single Season Punt Return Yards

One of my favorite lines to poke at Clemson fans is becoming truer and truer each day. "If you want to hear about history, go to Clemson. If you want to make history, come to Carolina."

Ok, now lets get down to business, shall we?

This is a bit of a toughy for me. We had a few guys that had some great games, guys that made huge plays at crucial moments, and guys that made the little plays that saved drives that won the ball game. All little things that I like to throw in there to help piss all you off haha.

THIS WEEK'S CACK'S TOAST OF THE GAME AGAINST CLEMSON GOES TO ... DYLAN THOMPSON

I believe Spurrier said it best on his show yesterday saying (paraphrased) "I believe every time Dylan plays he throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs." It seemed every time we needed a big play ... Dylan was there to make it. Heck, Dylan out gained that high power prolific Clemson Offense by himself, so he has to win it right?

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Jadaveon Clowney: I'd probably get shot if I didn't make him the first mentioned, right? Clowney is a beast. That's all.

Ace Sanders: I can't believe it's his first 100yd receiving game, but Ace had some KILLER moves. If he's not a finalist for the receiver of the year award. Then somethings wrong with the voters.

DBs and LBs: Clemson hit only 2 good passes Saturday, and even on those plays we had a guy with a hand inches away from batting the ball down. All we heard before the game was how they were going to burn our DBs. I think these guys took offense to that and play, possibly, the best pass defense game I've seen in YEARS. I don't know what the numbers say. Of course last week against Wofford was less, but gameplay wise. These guys SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!

Bruce Ellington: Bruce is the Clemson killer. For 2 straight years he's done nothing but catch big TD passes against them. There were a few plays that he took some BIG hits, but he got right up and stayed on the field. It could be the family rivalry with Andre, but Bruce wasn't coming off, and he wasn't going to be stopped. Yet another helluva game.

Special Teams: Adam Yates has really come into his own this season. Early in the year, he missed a few that he should have made, but he settled down and really started kicking the ball very well. Our punts were good, our kickoffs were good, our coverages were good, and our returns were pretty good. Possibly our best overall STs game as well.

EVERYONE RAISE YOUR GLASS, YET AGAIN, FOR DYLAN THOMPSON

Clemson - Dylan Thompson
Wofford - The Senior Class
Arky - Kenny Miles
Tenn - Marcus Lattimore
Florida - Jadaveon Clowney
LSU -
UGA - Damiere Byrd
Kentucky - The Whole Team
Mizzou - Ace Sanders
UAB - Marcus Lattimore/Jadaveon Clowney
ECU - Dylan Thompson
Vandy - Connor Shaw

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Last edited by cack; 11-26-2012 at 12:36 PM.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107787138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cack's Toast Of The Game: Clemson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Bruce Ellington: There were a few plays that he took some BIG hits, but he got right up and stayed on the field. It could be the family rivalry with Andre, but Bruce wasn't coming off, and he wasn't going to be stopped. Yet another helluva game.
Funny, Andre didn't feel the same way after he got hit
Old 11-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

Where did Byrd go? Was he even at the game?
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

He had one pass intended for him when the DB let the ball go straight through his hands. Honestly, it look like Byrd was jogging on the play, so I wouldn't be surprised if they yanked him afterwards.

He's dropped a few, along with DL, so the coaches may have reduced his snaps like DL's.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Whammy gets mention for this one...his adjustments and schemes shut the taters down after they got their 14.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Can't you do a double toast? I mean Clowney does own the Memorial Stadium record for sacks in a game. How many games did Bowers have to get as many or more?

Also I would be surprised if Ace got any kind of receiving award. Clemson was the first hundred yard game in his career. He has the skills, he just needs to put up those kinds of numbers multiple times in a season to get an award like that.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Whammy gets mention for this one...his adjustments and schemes shut the taters down after they got their 14.
yeah, once he realized that he was way over thinking things using Clowney as a spy on 3rd and 15.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Rut Row, I had to edit the original post. I'm listening to the post game interviews now, and Dylan mentioned that Ace beat the punt return yards record, so we'll add him to the record breakers.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Can't you do a double toast? I mean Clowney does own the Memorial Stadium record for sacks in a game. How many games did Bowers have to get as many or more?

Also I would be surprised if Ace got any kind of receiving award. Clemson was the first hundred yard game in his career. He has the skills, he just needs to put up those kinds of numbers multiple times in a season to get an award like that.
Hhhhmmmmmm interesting ...

Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Wow, I figured the records would get more of a response than this ...

Old 11-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

CockyCash: 200
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

Dylan fun 'n gunned all over the field! I love the way he threw it away a couple of times rather than taking the sack, and just got rid of the ball in general. He really had a good time out there.

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Dylan was awesome. He shredded Clemson. If not for all the ticky-tack penalties including the SEC refs all of a sudden calling holding on us time and time again, it would have been a blow out.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Wow, I figured the records would get more of a response than this ...
Got overlooked...we need to start separate threads for all of them IMO. We need to celebrate and congratulate on a grand scale.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #14
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

You should have at least "Honorably Mentioned" ...

Kenny Miles

...all he does is beat clemson.

(and he came in on a critical 3rd down play after being injured.)

FTR...I do agree with what you have posted...just needed Kenny on there.
to come true." Bodhi.

Last edited by Cocky2001; 11-27-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: added last line of text.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Got overlooked...we need to start separate threads for all of them IMO. We need to celebrate and congratulate on a grand scale.
I guess I will do that then ...

Old 11-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
simplesimon
Recruit

Male

simplesimon is learning to pecksimplesimon is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post

I thought that it meant as a team combined. Not sure but either way what a performance by our D!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
You should have at least "Honorably Mentioned" ...

Kenny Miles

...all he does is beat clemson.

(and he came in on a critical 3rd down play after being injured.)

FTR...I do agree with what you have posted...just needed Kenny on there.
^^
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Toast to Dylan !!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
coryusc2008
Heisman

Male

coryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurs

Oline did a pretty good job too! Dylan had a bunch of time on some of those critical 3rd & longs. They blocked better than what they did against Wofford.
coryusc2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #20
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

i can't get on board with this, as i guess i am in the minority here. i believe dylan played a very good game, but he short hopped balls to the outside, and took some bad sacks against a poor clemscum defense. he isn't the reason we beat clemscum, as putting up 27 would never have been enough if it weren't for clowney and company. this game was won by the defense plain and simple, and leading that charge was clowney.
how can you not give it to clowney when he, while playing hurt and less than 100%, set the record for most sacks and tfl in a game at mem stadium, and set the all time sacks and tfl record at this university? what dylan did pales in comparison to that!!! i mean they aren't even in the same ballpark.
too many posters on this board, get way too excited over a "good" performance, and blow it out of proportion. dylan played very well, and impressed all of us, but clowney set records for this university that might never be broken, unless he is able to do it next season. the two aren't even comparable.