CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
B-G
thekob
Spurticus
MWard
uscjeremynca
markp_vip
MountainCock
Aggie96
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (503)
Bonefish Grill (493)
What Are The Most Im (416)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (333)
Kansas to invest $75 (320)
When does fall pract (300)
Jaguars Justin Black (260)
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING (232)
George Harrison Memo (204)
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Official SEC Network and
Destiny Beta
Green and Lammons
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Spurrier vs Saban
Official WWE Thread
Tenn vs WVU in Charlotte

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #281
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: David Williams Thread (2013 Prospect)

Can't believe people aren't freaking out about the Lattimore comment. I wouldn't worry about it though, they have to assume he's not coming back in recruiting and planning for the depth of the position.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #282
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Can't believe people aren't freaking out about the Lattimore comment. I wouldn't worry about it though, they have to assume he's not coming back in recruiting and planning for the depth of the position.
Why worry or get upset about that comment?! It is what I expected and I hope that, if Marcus gets fully healthy, then he will try to go straight to the NFL. At this point, ML has done so much for our great University and is such a great person, that I truly want what is best for him!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #283
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
Why worry or get upset about that comment?! It is what I expected and I hope that, if Marcus gets fully healthy, then he will try to go straight to the NFL. At this point, ML has done so much for our great University and is such a great person, that I truly want what is best for him!
I would rather see Latti get paid than come back
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #284
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

me too. hes done enough for this school. I felt bad enough that he got hurt so bad again could you imagine if he got hurt playing for us again? Take the money and invest 80% of it Latti!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #285
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Yeah, take next season to heal up...until the Clemson game. Then let him come in and lead us to #5 and skyrocket his draft stock against their porous defense.

:)
Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #286
sosfan812
Blue Chip

Male

sosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudly

As much as I want Latti to get payed I think getting healthy and trying to go straight to the Pro's without coming back and playing and showing he still has it will cost him millions. Williams and Davis along with Brandon coming back will give us one of the top rb groups in the sec.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #287
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

DANG a lot of people trying to tell Marcus what is best for him on here.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #288
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Its a messag board. No a direct conversation with ML.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #289
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:

Not true at all. Almost every poster on this board (and the others that I follow) are universal in that they want Marcus to do what is best for Marcus. Marcus is the type of unique, supremely high character man that he will often think about what is best for others first and before he considers what is best for him. He is unbelievably unselfish and the consummate team player and leader. He has EARNED our best wishes for him to put himself first right now, even if that means that he goes pro at the first possible opportunity. I know that I will be come an instant fan of whatever team is fortunate to draft him (just like so many other beloved Gamecocks now in the NFL, but even a little bit more).
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #290
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Amen.

Williams and Bryant are rare talents and I'd love to sign both. What's most important in terms of Marcus is for him to do what's best for him, regardless of our depth chart.

The good thing is he's got a great Mom and a wonderful outlook. He'll make the most informed decision he can, and it's likely to be the right one.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #291
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Let's get both RB's if we can. It's a tough position and in the toughest conference. It's a great thing to have a stacked deck.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 11-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #292
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

If Jamari Smith is so good at DB then use him at db and use Williams/Bryant as rbs. I would say take both but my vote doesnt count meh
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #293
mike1520
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000
mike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
In your own way you are insinuating whats best from Marcus. You clearly don't like the talk about Marcus going straight to the Pro's or you wouldn't make the comment. Frankly I'm tired of people like you., just because we don't share you point of view, we are going against the program. If can't handle the comments on a message board. Stay off the board!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #294
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

The next time I want to see Marcus performing is at the 2014 NFL combine. I do not want to see him play for USC again. Rehab, rehab, rehab, rehab until then. At the end of the day, Marcus will make a very educated and well thought out decision and every USC fan will support him. He is a great person, player, teammate, and representative of the state of South Carolina; as well as our university. However, he does not need to risk injury playing another college down.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #295
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1520 View Post
In your own way you are insinuating whats best from Marcus. You clearly don't like the talk about Marcus going straight to the Pro's or you wouldn't make the comment. Frankly I'm tired of people like you., just because we don't share you point of view, we are going against the program. If can't handle the comments on a message board. Stay off the board!!!
I haven't insinuated anything, if I heard ANYTHING about him saying he wants to go straight to pros than I would support it. But it's his life, and who the HECK is anyone on here to say what is best for him. Only HE KNOWS WHAT THAT IS!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #296
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
The next time I want to see Marcus performing is at the 2014 NFL combine. I do not want to see him play for USC again. Rehab, rehab, rehab, rehab until then. At the end of the day, Marcus will make a very educated and well thought out decision and every USC fan will support him. He is a great person, player, teammate, and representative of the state of South Carolina; as well as our university. However, he does not need to risk injury playing another college down.
X1,000

No reason for him to play a college down ever again. Work his but off and ball out at the combine.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #297
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
Not true at all. Almost every poster on this board (and the others that I follow) are universal in that they want Marcus to do what is best for Marcus. Marcus is the type of unique, supremely high character man that he will often think about what is best for others first and before he considers what is best for him. He is unbelievably unselfish and the consummate team player and leader. He has EARNED our best wishes for him to put himself first right now, even if that means that he goes pro at the first possible opportunity. I know that I will be come an instant fan of whatever team is fortunate to draft him (just like so many other beloved Gamecocks now in the NFL, but even a little bit more).
It's arrogant for anyone to say he is not going to make the right decision for himself because he is unselfish. And then just go and tell him what he should do on top of it.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #298
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
X1,000

No reason for him to play a college down ever again. Work his but off and ball out at the combine.
No reason? Seriously? I think you may be wrong about that. He may believe he has several reasons.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #299
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
X1,000

No reason? Seriously? I think you may be wrong about that. He may believe he has several reasons. I think we should just wait and see instead of pushing him out the door, because that is what some people on here seem to want.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #300
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

So how about this Williams kid? He can really play some ball, huh?
Closed Thread