CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
b381l
cocky-K
eightohhthree
SC Sandlapper
Spur's Addiction
Goofyboy
HeadCockFan
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Defensive personnel (1585)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1550)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1422)
Defense not an issue (1316)
Cack's Toast of the (927)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (879)
I guess we don't get (866)
Legitimate, Unbiased (865)
Antonio Allen vs Als (603)
On the other hand
Kendrick salley
Brawl at 49ers/Cardinals
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Look who's at the bottom
Defense not an issue....
Let's talk about Maty Mau
Chromecast
why we're in this positio
Christian Walker called u

Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default When Will Morris Take a HC Job?

I know they paid him huge money for an OC, but Arkansas needs a head coach, and so do several other decent programs, starting with Auburn.

Surely one of the big programs is going to offer him huge bucks and will be willing to buy out his contract. Could he be leaving soon? (Like before December is over)

What happens to Clemson then? Auburn v. 2.0? (Implosion)

Here's a killer question -- would Clemson promote Morris over Dodo? The board and the fans must know that the "Wizard Behind the Curtain" for their offense sure hasn't been their cheerleader/real estate agent. With what has happened to Auburn, aren't they going to be terrified at what could happen if Morris leaves and all they have left is Dabo?

Seems to me that Clemson is screwed -- and recruits are going to figure that Morris is going to be in the wind real soon.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material
Default Re: When Will Morris Take a HC Job?

I can't imagine any SEC offering him as a HC yet. maybe a little smaller school.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

I think he wants to be the first OC to out-earn his HC.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

He is NOT going to get an offer worth leaving for, he is 3 years out of high school, if he was to get an offer that he would leave for it would probably be NC State this year. Nobody in the SEC is going to even interview him
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

and i am pretty sure there is a no buyout clause in his contract if he leaves for a head coaching job, anything else and there is a buyout clause
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
I can't imagine any SEC offering him as a HC yet. maybe a little smaller school.
Arkansas would in a heartbeat.

So would Auburn.

While we're at it, add Kentucky...
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

He may have a chance with a west coast offense. But as their OC, I don't see him getting an offer quite yet.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Some one out there is crazy enough to do it.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
He is NOT going to get an offer worth leaving for, he is 3 years out of high school, if he was to get an offer that he would leave for it would probably be NC State this year. Nobody in the SEC is going to even interview him
Care to place a bet on that?

Arkansas, Auburn and Kentucky just might.

Those programs are desperate right now.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Auburn will hire a current head coach with ties to Auburn, probably Malzahn. There are a lot of jobs open and maybe not a lot of coaches wanting to move. He could get a shot at KY or Arkansas
Old 11-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #11
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

I think if Patterson from TCU takes the Arkansas job then Morris would be first in line for the TCU job back in Texas.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Arkansas would in a heartbeat.

So would Auburn.

While we're at it, add Kentucky...
My Auburn friends say no way. I could see UK but I think they want Charley Strong.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
I think if Patterson from TCU takes the Arkansas job then Morris would be first in line for the TCU job back in Texas.
I also think TEN will go after Patterson as well. Charlie Strong is from ARK I believe. He will also be a target.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #14
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Pretty sure he wants to go back to Texas. So I'd say one of the smaller Texas schools would probably be the best fit.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

As we just saw Saturday, his play calling is not as successful against defensive based teams, which is the bread and butter of the SEC as a whole. The SEC programs can see that as well, and they are nowhere near that desperate, not yet anyway. The only SEC program that I can see taking such a gamble is Kentucky, but the risk is not worth the reward, considering the money they would have to pay. He is from Texas, and wants to go back, so he will probably end up somewhere in the Big 12, which fits his play calling.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Is byrnes Hiring?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Pretty sure he wants to go back to Texas. So I'd say one of the smaller Texas schools would probably be the best fit.
He could wind up at Texas Tech if Tuberville keeps pimp slapping his assistants....

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Is byrnes Hiring?
I would be offended about that if I were Marcus Lattimore.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #19
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Is byrnes Hiring?

dont think byrnes is maybe laurens lmao
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #20
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

i don see kentucky getting strong from louisville