CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
elcid99
Lonnie
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
Rooster'srule
Roosterboy
ertman420
markp_vip
My predictions for 2 (743)
An Aggies View of th (478)
Tennessee (352)
SEC Recruiting Advan (300)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (265)
Clowney in Practice (251)
Camp scheduled relea (163)
Question on Student (162)
Galaxy vs Seatle (162)
NCAA Concussion Sett (143)
An Aggies View of the Mat
FIFA 14 on PS3
2015 - Zack Bailey
Clemson Recruiting...how
Hello Gamecocks!
Green and Lammons
Question on Student Secti
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
2016 - Brandon McIlwain

View Poll Results: Shaw or Thompson?
Shaw 165 51.24%
Thompson 157 48.76%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #41
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
connor is 16-3 as a starter so let him play the bowl game. at that point steve can open it up in the spring, summer and fall in order to see if a change is necessary.

i never thoughti would see the day that a qb who has a 16-3 record would get cast aside by gamecock nation. i guess its inevitable that some people get greedy and want the greener grass on the other side. sad.
What do you mean greedy? You mean greedy for more wins and a less losses? Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for not wanting to spread the wealth around when it comes to W's.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #42
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
What do you mean greedy? You mean greedy for more wins and a less losses? Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for not wanting to spread the wealth around when it comes to W's.
I agree, football is not communism. There is nothing to share when it comes to x's and o's.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #43
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
I think Shaw should remain the starter for the bowl game. Come spring, it is open season to see who wins the spot.

The injury to shaw has caused him to lose his multi-threat impact. His last 4 starts, the defense has been able to key on the RB, because shaw stopped pulling it on the zone read. If he is healthy, he is a much more dangerous.

That being said, Thompson has a lot more zip when he throws the ball. He does make some questionable throws, but some may prefer that to shaw tucking and running (sometimes) after only one read.
Yeah, and when Shaw starts pulling it more, and running more, he'll get hurt again. I admire his toughness, but his body isn't as tough as character.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #44
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

I honestly think there is a part of Gamecock Nation that wants to see the ball in the air!

They want to see 300 yard passing games, with 3 or 4 TDs threw the air. It is exciting. It is the HBC's system. So if one guy can implement that system, why not implement it? Why does everyone think Coach wanted Connor Mitch so bad?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #45
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
I agree, football is not communism. There is nothing to share when it comes to x's and o's.
I'm loyal to team not any individual player. If you want I would say I am loyal to ALL the players equally.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #46
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

You know what I think is crazy about this argument is that I don't know anybody, and haven't spoken to anybody since the Clemson game that thinks Shaw should remain the starter. Odd.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #47
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
I'm loyal to team not any individual player. If you want I would say I am loyal to ALL the players equally.
Agreed, that is how I feel. I want what ever and whoever to play that is going to give us the best shot at winning the game.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #48
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
I honestly think there is a part of Gamecock Nation that wants to see the ball in the air!

They want to see 300 yard passing games, with 3 or 4 TDs threw the air. It is exciting. It is the HBC's system. So if one guy can implement that system, why not implement it? Why does everyone think Coach wanted Connor Mitch so bad?
I want to see an offense that isn't so brutal on our QB's health.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #49
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
I want to see an offense that isn't so brutal on our QB's health.
Again I also agree, seeing our QB getting plowed because he wants to take off before making proper reads is also a thing I wish they could change. A good passer can make that happen.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #50
CockpetBagger
Banned, James Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100550
CockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot materialCockpetBagger is USC mascot material

A healthy Shaw would have put up a lot more than 27 on the pathetic Clemsux D. Still, DT is a quality QB and the best backup we've had in a long time.
CockpetBagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #51
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockpetBagger View Post
A healthy Shaw would have put up a lot more than 27 on the pathetic Clemsux D. Still, DT is a quality QB and the best backup we've had in a long time.
Yeh, he is the kind of QB we should at least give some plays too once we are up by .. hell even 7. Let him go get it. He only has 3 real games of playing time with almost 1k yards and 8 TDs.. he deserves a shot
Old 11-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #52
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

I say both quarterbacks were coached up by Spurrier, and Mangus. Are they perfect? No, but good job coaches. Neither were immediate starters coming out of high school. Immediate starters are rare, and those types usually commit early to nationally known programs.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #53
BDBrotherton
Carolina Football God

Male

BDBrotherton is sharpening his clawsBDBrotherton is sharpening his clawsBDBrotherton is sharpening his clawsBDBrotherton is sharpening his claws

Remember Garcia vs. East Carolina and how everyone wanted him and not Shaw.

Remember DT against Florida...I think Shaw could have given us a chance to come back.

Shaw has gotten us where we are...he is the starting QB.

Like others said though...I support SOS fully...and in the Spring - let the battle begin.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
BDBrotherton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #54
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:

ths guy freaking gets it !!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #55
chrism7d4
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2061
chrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPit

While I like Shaw he has had that nagging foot sprain which has hurt his confidence. He's running first and not making reads very well. If he can get 100% then I wouldn't care if he played, but Dylan just looks better back there. He looks comfortable and for the most part makes quick reads and gets the ball down field, he even showed that while not fast he can scramble and evade pressure.

Imagine how good Dylan could be if he had the season to get more experience. He made some bad throws but that can be fixed. Our offense is just so much more dangerous with a real passing threat. You cannot ignore it.
chrism7d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #56
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Whoever coach feels confident with. although I must say, I like what I saw from Dylan. Doing that on the road with the confidence he had really impressed me.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #57
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

47 votes for each....

Gamecock nation is truly divided!
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #58
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
Not gonna vote.

I'm not either. I hate these types of threads. Both QBs need our support and they are both good players.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #59
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Both, depth at QB can increase our national championship hopes.

beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #60
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

When at 100%, I take Connor Shaw. Just a personal preference, but I support both guys completely. I just want to win!
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote