CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
ccured
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
NJGCfan
robgusc76
sporkgod50
Spurrier_Superior_On
JAYBEZ
rdwylie
Mangus now coaching (1430)
Can Tennessee get to (1032)
2 Crazy things (626)
Chick Redefines the (598)
Spread vs. aTm (551)
ESPN Article on HBC (550)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (525)
Lindy's top 100 for (490)
The Bama series (398)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (317)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2015 - Kaleb Kim
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bama starting pitcher sus
The Bama series
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Spread vs. aTm
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Lindy's top 100 for 2010

Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Clowney : a brand

JDC will be the number 1 pick when he comes out, even if he has just a minor injury. I think with his personality along with his unworldly talent, he could be a national name brand and sign many endorsement deals. That would be so awesome! Not to mention he'd be the sort of player who would give money back to the university to help sustain our program. UA, Nike, Adidas, name one. They should be lining up and salivating to sign a deal with him.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 990000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney : a brand

I don't know about all that.........we'll see.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10700
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Brand-Aid maybe!
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100700
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

He seems a little too soft spoken and humble to me. I see him being more like Julius Peppers, a quiet beast!
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolley View Post
He seems a little too soft spoken and humble to me. I see him being more like Julius Peppers, a quiet beast!
Yep....quiet and humble young man. But he could still get some of those silly commercials I see Cam and RGIII in. Just learn his lines.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I see it happening. Just hope it's not with UA.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

He is the most talented player to ever play at the university of South Carolina.

I also hope he signs with Nike and Drew Rosenhaus.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:

I respectfully disagree. Look at his personality on the sidelines, always smilining and engaged with teammates having fun, look at how many Gamecock and Clemson fans were just wanting to touch him after the game on the field and he shook their hands plus he is animated on the field after a sack as well. Also, his zinger about not ever losing to Clemson as long as he's here and other zingers. He's young and will grow his personality especially if there is a boat load of endorsement money waiting on him.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
And that awkwardsness. Can't forget that.
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
JDC will be the number 1 pick when he comes out, even if he has just a minor injury. I think with his personality along with his unworldly talent, he could be a national name brand and sign many endorsement deals. That would be so awesome! Not to mention he'd be the sort of player who would give money back to the university to help sustain our program. UA, Nike, Adidas, name one. They should be lining up and salivating to sign a deal with him.
1. his foot will be fixed as soon as THIS season is over
2. I really hope you're not saying he'll catch the injury bug

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
He is the most talented player to ever play at the university of South Carolina.

I also hope he signs with Nike and Drew Rosenhaus.
Not Drew. He's in it for his own fame, and doesn't care if his player gets his name drug through the mud. Peter Faulk would get him a better contract, and nothing negative would come out of it.

Don't worry about JC. He's going to make many millions in his life. I just hope he's smart enough to avoid the pitfalls that cause many of the pro athletes today to go broke. Like having 6 babies with 6 different women, buying everything in sight, and bankrolling guys that were friends in high school.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

espiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his claws
Cool Re: Clowney : a brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I respectfully disagree. Look at his personality on the sidelines, always smilining and engaged with teammates having fun, look at how many Gamecock and Clemson fans were just wanting to touch him after the game on the field and he shook their hands plus he is animated on the field after a sack as well. Also, his zinger about not ever losing to Clemson as long as he's here and other zingers. He's young and will grow his personality especially if there is a boat load of endorsement money waiting on him.
I also disagree. I never posted a topic on this but I feel like I should share.

The Friday night before the Arkansas game I went to see Skyfall at the AMC and the whole football team came to watch it as well. Clowney sat right in front of me and some other players were next to him (couldn't tell who the others were). The whole night, they were on their phones looking through Facebook trying to see which female friend requests were worth accepting. They kept their phones right at their face and it was such an annoyance. Halfway through the movie I told them to put those away, and they did for about 1 minute. Even the person beside him got up and moved over because of how distracting him and his buddies were. Now I know they probably don't wanna watch the movie and they probably were forced to watch it since the team does go watch a movie the night before home games I think, but for God's sake just sit in the very back if you're just going to be on your phone. I'm still thankful we have him as a player, and I love seeing him play well, but I have no respect for the man. Win the east before I give you my respect, Clowney.
espiritujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

I am sure the kid is dying for your respect, too.

He is a 19 year old kid - that just so happens to be the best defensive player in the country. Of course he is excited to see which girls are facebooking him.
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Drew is the best in the business and got Sidney Rice 18.5 mill guaranteed.

Although it won't matter for his first contract because of the new rookie pay scale.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

espiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
I am sure the kid is dying for your respect, too.

He is a 19 year old kid - that just so happens to be the best defensive player in the country. Of course he is excited to see which girls are facebooking him.
Then he can sit in the back of the damn movie theater. Just because he's the best defensive player in the country means he can be loud and rude in a public movie theater? I could care less about what he thinks of me, but at least have a thing called courtesy, which is something big stars like him lack. Am I surprised? No, but it's still aggravating.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by espiritujo View Post

The Friday night before the Arkansas game I went to see Skyfall at the AMC and the whole football team came to watch it as well. Clowney sat right in front of me and some other players were next to him (couldn't tell who the others were). The whole night, they were on their phones looking through Facebook trying to see which female friend requests were worth accepting. They kept their phones right at their face and it was such an annoyance. Halfway through the movie I told them to put those away, and they did for about 1 minute. Even the person beside him got up and moved over because of how distracting him and his buddies were. Now I know they probably don't wanna watch the movie and they probably were forced to watch it since the team does go watch a movie the night before home games I think, but for God's sake just sit in the very back if you're just going to be on your phone. I'm still thankful we have him as a player, and I love seeing him play well, but I have no respect for the man. Win the east before I give you my respect, Clowney.
So let me just make sure I'm reading correctly. A 19 year old kid was on his phone during a movie and you therefore have no respect for him?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:

You have to remember he is still a kid... my God what is he like 19 or 20.... give the KID a break...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Then he can sit in the back of the damn movie theater. Just because he's the best defensive player in the country means he can be loud and rude in a public movie theater? I could care less about what he thinks of me, but at least have a thing called courtesy, which is something big stars like him lack. Am I surprised? No, but it's still aggravating.
People still go to movies?
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

Like I said, I'm not surprised by his actions at all. I forgot to mention he was talking loudly and cracking jokes, so not only was his phone usage bothering, but his talking as well. That said, I'm still not surprised by his actions. If you could see some of the other players, they were at least being courteous.

Also, I'm 19 as well, I guess I'm still a KID like Cockyhard says. I try to be as courteous and respectful as I can in public places, such as refraining from using my cell phone in a movie theater. Am I the best defensive football player in the nation right now, or anyone significant? Definitely not. Though I just wished some of these big college "stars" would at least be polite in public places, and not try to let their "celeb" status overshadow that.

Emery- just to clarify, yes, exactly what I said.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:

You are a TATER 100% kat luver!!!Pretty sure he isn't trying to impress you. Just all of the NFL GM's sorry !