CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4230)
Cunningham wants to (1062)
ESPN article on Clow (612)
Clemson Georgia Game (607)
Horseshoes has been (430)
Fumble party (336)
1964 World’s Fair (226)
New Led Zep releases (123)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (119)
Truly Inspiring (92)
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Name a Gamecock
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #21
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bruce Ellington

what surprises me, is how little we have seen the wildcock with him this year. i would have thought that this would have been a staple change of pace option, especially with connor being hurt most of the year.
next year with roland in the program for a full year, and some game experience, and kwinton smith being unleashed, having the experience and progression of bruce and ace is going to really be a lethal combination. also considering allllllllllllll of our te's. wow! more ol depth and talent, more rb's depth and talent.... this offense will be unbelievable next year.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #22
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

he is starting to play like a no.1 receiver, if not on an all sec type level. 6 tds in the last 7 games. 299 yards receiving 4 td in the last 4 games. regardless of the numbers, its watching him play too. getting open, making plays, good hands and ball skills.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Time for me to eat up on this one.

Before the season, I said that Bruce would never be more than a 3rd option or gadget player if he tried to play Football and Basketball.

Welp, this guy is beginning to turn into the next great Spurrier receiver, and I am so happy to say I was extremely wrong about the guy.

He will end up having a 40 catch season and average well over 10 yards per catch after the bowl game.
Good of you to acknowledge his big play skills. Welcome to the Bruce party!

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #24
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming in

I saw Bruce play football down here in the lowcountry. I was disappointed when he initially was only going to play Basketball because I knew he was an outstanding football player. I kept telling my upstate brother-in-law about how big a deal he was going to be when he started playing football for us. Thanks Bruce for making me look like I knew what I was talking about!
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #25
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Time for me to eat up on this one.

Before the season, I said that Bruce would never be more than a 3rd option or gadget player if he tried to play Football and Basketball.

Welp, this guy is beginning to turn into the next great Spurrier receiver, and I am so happy to say I was extremely wrong about the guy.

He will end up having a 40 catch season and average well over 10 yards per catch after the bowl game.

^same here, and i thought bruce would have made a better TB like he was last year b4 the season. but with the depth we have at TB the only way for Spurrier to get bruce playing time is at WR. He's made a helluva WR too.....he's right up there with ace
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #26
Carolina22
Recruit

Male

Carolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming in

He would've won Mr. Football but Lattimore won it. Not a bad guy to finish second to. He should've been a football player from the beginning
Carolina22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #27
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Catches everything like Steve largent. Yes I went there.!!
jfbreb94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #28
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
Wasnt he the second highest rated recruit in state behind latti?

No, but only really because he was recruited as basketball player and said he was only going to play hoops, committed on their timeframe etc...Berkeley did win the state title with bruce run right bruce run left.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #29
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

The thing that many forget, since he didn't play as a Freshman, he has still two years of eligibility. I really think he could be an NFL talent. He is the perfect mix of 3rd down RB and slot WR. He'd fit well in a system like the Redskins. He could replace their current kick return/WR/RB Brandon Banks. They use him exactly the way Bruce would excel. Bring him in the backfield for some option read stuff, plus lines up at slot a little. Being in the DC area it would be awesome to get to watch Bruce with Griffen for the next 5-10 years.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #30
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He'll make an NFL roster and probably catch on with a spot even if he continues to fool around with both sports. He's that talented. If he focused on football alone, he could be our primary target the next two years and be a high second rounder pretty easily imop.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #31
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

Bruce Ellington=

...Steve Smith?

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #32
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I want to see Bruce catch a TD pass from Clowney out of the wild cock.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #33
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 990000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Honestly. I do think his money is in football..................
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #34
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Honestly. I do think his money is in football..................
agreed. middle round talent.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #35
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Don't forget how quickly he picked up the offense and was an early contributor with good route running and great hands. Only the really good ones can do that. I hope he can spend some time with some of the other guys this spring who would be wise to listen to what he has to say.

On another note, I have my doubts about Jr.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #36
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
No, but only really because he was recruited as basketball player and said he was only going to play hoops, committed on their timeframe etc...Berkeley did win the state title with bruce run right bruce run left.
I'm pretty sure, however that he finished 2nd to Latti in the Mr Football vote.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #37
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10700
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 View Post
Bruce Ellington=

...Steve Smith?
Very, very similar. Maybe not as fast.
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #38
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

Let Bruce Bruce hit it

I hope he plays football next season, we need him.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote