CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
WeStill0wnUSC
Spurticus
USCBASEBALL1
BiggerLSUfan
The Yancey
B-G
Rooster'srule
sporkgod50
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (800)
Hercules - review (383)
Gamecock Coaches as (371)
help with army insig (364)
Ranking the Opposing (345)
Not a Rival.. (243)
I'm a grand godfathe (210)
NCAA Football 15 (203)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (171)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (144)
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
2015 - Mon Denson
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Not a Rival..
Jay Paterno Attempts To R
Tenn vs WVU in Charlotte
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
Green and Lammons

Old 11-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #41
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Tom O'Brien Fired by NC State

They needed an upgrade at coach if they're gonna be able to compete in the SEC. ;-)
eggroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #42
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Yea but Duke doesn't care about football
And UNC does?

Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #43
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
His record was 40-35 overall and 22-26 in the ACC. Wonder why it took them so long to get rid of him. The NC State people want in the SEC in a bad way. They got themselves an SEC basketball coach and you see what happens.
A. He lasted longer than he would have otherwise because he beat the Tarheels like a drum. B. Not sure what NCSU people you're talking to but based on what I read and hear from them and in their media, probably 70% of them would never think of leaving the hoops games with UNC, Duke and Wake behind even if they had to join the southern conference in football.
LegalCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #44
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

His mis management of the end of the game against UNC got a lot of fans ticked off. 40-35 over I think 6 years is not exactly getting it done. It had run it's course. It was time to move on. The 1 signature win that he seems to get every year wasn't going to save him this year.

Plus they got outplayed and out coached by Maryland and Virginia. They managed to win the Maryland game but got blown out by UVA if my memory serves.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #45
RaleighGamecock10
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
RaleighGamecock10 has hatched from the shell

He was on the hot seat to start the season.
And fans/alumni/boosters want out because the ACC caters to Duke and UNC
RaleighGamecock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #46
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
A. He lasted longer than he would have otherwise because he beat the Tarheels like a drum. B. Not sure what NCSU people you're talking to but based on what I read and hear from them and in their media, probably 70% of them would never think of leaving the hoops games with UNC, Duke and Wake behind even if they had to join the southern conference in football.
I think its more divided 50-50 between staying in the ACC cause of basketball and leaving and joining the SEC because of football... its pretty divided and staying or leaving opinons seem to be based and split on those whom favor and want to focus basketball more or football more... honestly i think the could be solid in both given time and sec money
Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #47
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

The crazy lady AD says she wants NC State to be a "Alabama like" program. Sure lady.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #48
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
The crazy lady AD says she wants NC State to be a "Alabama like" program. Sure lady.
Throw 3.5 million at Kirby Smart?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #49
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
Throw 3.5 million at Kirby Smart?
Maybe it's just me but I think he's overrated.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #50
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
TOB didn't recruit, many state fans wanted him out.
Agreed....recruiting in NC isn't like recruiting at Boston College.

And the UVA loss was the nail in the coffin.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #51
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

And maybe this is where Petrino lands. I think NCSU is in a position to take a gamble.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #52
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
So what should she say? She wants to shoot for being a "Marshall like" program?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #53
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

I know NCST had high expectations when the season started, but how good do they think they can be? They don't recruit very well, they don't have a great stadium, they don't have a lot of footbal tradition. The can do better in the ACC but their ceiling is pretty limited.

Maybe they should shoot for being the Clemson of football, great until it matters.

Isn't this the same lady who ran off Gary Williams? How has that turned out?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #54
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
I know NCST had high expectations when the season started, but how good do they think they can be? They don't recruit very well, they don't have a great stadium, they don't have a lot of footbal tradition. The can do better in the ACC but their ceiling is pretty limited.
Not trying to be funny, but you pretty much just described Gamecock football prior to Holtz and Spurrier.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #55
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Not trying to be funny, but you pretty much just described Gamecock football prior to Holtz and Spurrier.
SC had a lot of football tradition, just not a lot of success.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #56
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:

I partially agree.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #57
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post

Maybe they should shoot for being the Clemson of football, great until it matters.

Isn't this the same lady who ran off Gary Williams? How has that turned out?
Quote:
i think usc90grad is right in the sense they remind me alot of USC a few years ago before holtz got here... they actually do have pretty solid facilities that can improve if they were successful. They have probably the 4th best football fan base in the ACC behind FSU, Clem, and VT. If they could get a coach that could energize their fan base and get some solid recruits (something TOB didnt do) i think they could be a consistent top 25 team ... given a few years in the SEC (time to recruit and use the sec money) i think they would be a solid team.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #58
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

NC has been fertile recruiting ground for us. If they get someone who can recruit, especially if the rumors of them joining the SEC are true, would that shut us out?
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #59
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

No, but I don't think we should be lobbying for them to get into the league or anything. We should be fine with being the SEC team for the Carolinas. all those Duke and UNC sidewalk basketball fans can pull for Carolina in football too. Like lots of people in SC pull for the Tarheels or Blue Devils in hoops. Honestly, UF and UGA and even UT seem to do more damage than we do in NC most years. At least at the high end. I saw the humphries kid knocking seminoles on their ass saturday.
LegalCock is online now   Reply With Quote