CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
rioninusc
robgusc76
GregoryHouse
Regalcock
The Vent and Coachin (8201)
Disturbing comments (3200)
2015 schedule is bru (2457)
UF lets Durkin go (2148)
2015 Early Enrollees (1684)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1111)
SOS...a day late &am (1102)
The U ends apparel d (734)
Bobo to Colorado St? (720)
Keeping it all in pe (402)
SOS...a day late & do
2016 - John Simpson
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 schedule is brutal
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Ulric Jones
2015 Commitment - Dante S
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 Commitment - Sherrod

Old 11-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #21
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney : a brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by espiritujo View Post
I also disagree. I never posted a topic on this but I feel like I should share.

The Friday night before the Arkansas game I went to see Skyfall at the AMC and the whole football team came to watch it as well. Clowney sat right in front of me and some other players were next to him (couldn't tell who the others were). The whole night, they were on their phones looking through Facebook trying to see which female friend requests were worth accepting. They kept their phones right at their face and it was such an annoyance. Halfway through the movie I told them to put those away, and they did for about 1 minute. Even the person beside him got up and moved over because of how distracting him and his buddies were. Now I know they probably don't wanna watch the movie and they probably were forced to watch it since the team does go watch a movie the night before home games I think, but for God's sake just sit in the very back if you're just going to be on your phone. I'm still thankful we have him as a player, and I love seeing him play well, but I have no respect for the man. Win the east before I give you my respect, Clowney.

Sounds like somebody is a little Jealous!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not surprised by his actions at all. I forgot to mention he was talking loudly and cracking jokes, so not only was his phone usage bothering, but his talking as well. That said, I'm still not surprised by his actions. If you could see some of the other players, they were at least being courteous.

Also, I'm 19 as well, I guess I'm still a KID like Cockyhard says. I try to be as courteous and respectful as I can in public places, such as refraining from using my cell phone in a movie theater. Am I the best defensive football player in the nation right now, or anyone significant? Definitely not. Though I just wished some of these big college "stars" would at least be polite in public places, and not try to let their "celeb" status overshadow that.

Emery- just to clarify, yes, exactly what I said.
Oh well, if he was talking loudly too I completely understand why you would lose all respect for him.

And just for future reference...if it truly bothers you so much make an effort to change it. I know you said you mentioned something to him but tell the manager if it doesn't work out. I guess it would be a little intimidating to have Clowney pissed at you, but now all you get to do about the situation is whine instead of actually taking action.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #23
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
espiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his claws
Wink Re: Clowney : a brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Oh well, if he was talking loudly too I completely understand why you would lose all respect for him.

And just for future reference...if it truly bothers you so much make an effort to change it. I know you said you mentioned something to him but tell the manager if it doesn't work out. I guess it would be a little intimidating to have Clowney pissed at you, but now all you get to do about the situation is whine instead of actually taking action.
True, and that's why I didn't bother making a topic about this earlier. As a fan, I didn't want to make a scene about it.

To respond to HUGEGARNETCOCK: Not sure where you got that. I am a student at South Carolina and I love my Gamecocks, but I just wanted to point out that I don't have respect for certain people, no matter how good they are at a sport.

To respond to U-Dub Gamecock: If I'm what you define as jealous, then I guess I'm jealous of having the lack of decency to whip out my phone to check at all my friend requests during a movie theater.
espiritujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #24
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
True, and that's why I didn't bother making a topic about this earlier. As a fan, I didn't want to make a scene about it.

To respond to HUGEGARNETCOCK: Not sure where you got that. I am a student at South Carolina and I love my Gamecocks, but I just wanted to point out that I don't have respect for certain people, no matter how good they are at a sport.

To respond to U-Dub Gamecock: If I'm what you define as jealous, then I guess I'm jealous of having the lack of decency to whip out my phone to check at all my friend requests during a movie theater.
The whole topic you presented and losing respect for him because of it is possibly the dumbest thing i have read all day and i was on tigernet earlier.

Having said that I understand you want to watch the movie as you have a right to but to bring it up on an online forum to whine because of it makes you look like a 15 year old brat. Go move or talk to someone in charge at the movie theatre and make them refund it or make them stop but you lose respect for someone because of something so small shows that having your respect is meaningless and no one cares about it.

Also to bring up the topic of the girls on facebook makes you sound jealous.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #25
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:

and i don't respect you for going on an online forum to complain because our players had their phones out the movie theatre.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #26
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Going back to original topic...I hope Clowney does become a brand. That continued exposure of one of the best player from USC can only help us.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

espiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his claws
Smile Re: Clowney : a brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
and i don't respect you for going on an online forum to complain because our players had their phones out the movie theatre.
Thanks man, I respect your opinion. My post wasn't to whine about it, but I was agreeing Rebel4Ever's reply to Tolley on Clowney's humbleness and character. Sorry if you forgot what I was addressing and sorry for posting the dumbest topic today?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #28
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I also disagree. I never posted a topic on this but I feel like I should share.

The Friday night before the Arkansas game I went to see Skyfall at the AMC and the whole football team came to watch it as well. Clowney sat right in front of me and some other players were next to him (couldn't tell who the others were). The whole night, they were on their phones looking through Facebook trying to see which female friend requests were worth accepting. They kept their phones right at their face and it was such an annoyance. Halfway through the movie I told them to put those away, and they did for about 1 minute. Even the person beside him got up and moved over because of how distracting him and his buddies were. Now I know they probably don't wanna watch the movie and they probably were forced to watch it since the team does go watch a movie the night before home games I think, but for God's sake just sit in the very back if you're just going to be on your phone. I'm still thankful we have him as a player, and I love seeing him play well, but I have no respect for the man. Win the east before I give you my respect, Clowney.
errr yea, sometimes you should keep things to yourself. especially when it comes to bashing our best player on a gamecock website.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #29
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

Talking Re: Clowney : a brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
errr yea, sometimes you should keep things to yourself. especially when it comes to bashing our best player on a gamecock website.
Thanks again, I'll remember that next time. I forgot how butthurt people can get on a message board.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Thanks man, I respect your opinion. My post wasn't to whine about it, but I was agreeing Rebel4Ever's reply to Tolley on Clowney's humbleness and character. Sorry if you forgot what I was addressing and sorry for posting the dumbest topic today?
I changed my mind just got off tigernet and its hard to compare any of those thread to yours my bad. They are sad people.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #31
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Thanks again, I'll remember that next time. I forgot how butthurt people can get on a message board.
Or how butthurt they get when someones using a phone in a movie theatre da*n criminals!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #32
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life

Male

gamecocks2210 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock
Quote:

Originally Posted by espiritujo

Or how butthurt they get when someones using a phone in a movie theatre da*n criminals!!!
Owned

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
gamecocks2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #33
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

Thumbs up Re: Clowney : a brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
haha It should be a law! After reading my initial post, I probably should've made myself sound more neutral in it all and I don't mean to come across as I hate the guy, but at the time I did want to say out loud the whole win the east thing. However, it is still pretty funny to read the replies.

Since I've derailed this topic already, I'll try to go back and say that if Clowney becomes a brand name, it'll be great for USC, and hopefully he'll be a big contributor to our program when he's in the NFL. Having said that, his character is not one I'm fond of, but one that I'm not surprised with.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #34
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not surprised by his actions at all. I forgot to mention he was talking loudly and cracking jokes, so not only was his phone usage bothering, but his talking as well. That said, I'm still not surprised by his actions. If you could see some of the other players, they were at least being courteous.

Also, I'm 19 as well, I guess I'm still a KID like Cockyhard says. I try to be as courteous and respectful as I can in public places, such as refraining from using my cell phone in a movie theater. Am I the best defensive football player in the nation right now, or anyone significant? Definitely not. Though I just wished some of these big college "stars" would at least be polite in public places, and not try to let their "celeb" status overshadow that.

Emery- just to clarify, yes, exactly what I said.
Wasnt referring to all 19 year olds not haveing the capability of being courteous .... just excusing his actions to a certain degree because he is still in his youthful years, as yourself.. no offense...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #35
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

You should be happy you were in the presents of a future hall of famer.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #36
OscarTheGrouch
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 440
OscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPit

Considering the kind of tail that is after JD, you gotta check a bitch's facebook out before you hit it.. no telling what else might be going on there..
OscarTheGrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life

Male

gamecocks2210 has hatched from the shell

Putting a bunch of friends together somewhere they probably don't want to be, they are going to entertain themselves some other way more often than not. Now if they knew this, they should have sat in the back. I agree with you there. But to call into question someone's character because of an incident like this is just plain stupid. Have you never done anything stupid or disrespectful with your friends and probably only because you were with your friends? If yes, do you think it's fair that someone who witnesses that only judge you from that single moment? How about get to actually know someone before you bash his character on something as stupid and small as talking and being on their phone in a theater.
gamecocks2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #38
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

Cool Re: Clowney : a brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks2210 View Post
Putting a bunch of friends together somewhere they probably don't want to be, they are going to entertain themselves some other way more often than not. Now if they knew this, they should have sat in the back. I agree with you there. But to call into question someone's character because of an incident like this is just plain stupid. Have you never done anything stupid or disrespectful with your friends and probably only because you were with your friends? If yes, do you think it's fair that someone who witnesses that only judge you from that single moment? How about get to actually know someone before you bash his character on something as stupid and small as talking and being on their phone in a theater.
True, but I've had more than just this one instance with Clowney. I could give you a couple more stories of meeting him at parties last semester and after games, and even one instance where I read couple of text messages he sent to people in my dorm, but I'd prefer not to spark that up. He's one of the few players that I happen to stumble upon on occasion. In the end, I shouldn't be the one to judge, but people are going no matter what.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #39
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

You are lying. I doubt you could sit behind him and still see the movie.

He was on his phone, talking loudly and cracking jokes during a movie? Well, I guess he just dropped into the second round. For the sake of Clowney and his family, please don't share any more of your "stories"...that'll only serve to hurt his draft stock more.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #40
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

did anyone see the picture in the herald with him and the sunglasses? that picture perfectly summed up JC
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote