CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
rosstheboss
markymark550
Transmaniacon
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3247)
The Defense (2068)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (2037)
**USC Women vs. San (2035)
Women's soccer Sweet (1613)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1175)
USC/clemson spread (903)
In case no one saw.. (821)
injury report? (716)
Odell Becham Catch (359)
Texans getting frustrated
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2014 Charleston Classic:
**USC Women vs. San Diego
Fly_over tomorrow?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2015 - Joe Blue
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo

Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #41
N00k
SigMaster

Male

CockyCash: 1952776
N00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to N00k Send a message via Yahoo to N00k
Default Re: Clowney : a brand

You'll probably hear him saying "Five dollar footlong" at some point.

N00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #42
GetemGamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by espiritujo View Post
Having said that, his character is not one I'm fond of, but one that I'm not surprised with.
You can't base his character on the way he acted in a movie theater. You can base the way he acts in a movie theater on the way he acted in a movie theater.

I think he has great character with respect to his team and the game of football. Somewhat quiet and reserved, but (especially this year) gets hyped on the field and doesn't take trash talk lying down. There's been a few games this year when he makes a big play and talks back a bit to the opposing players. I think this is appropriate, as he only does a little talking after he makes a big play. I wouldn't be supprised if he was sticking up for a teammate a couple of those times.

As a true frosh, he sort of "slowed his role" at times on the field...but this year, he is not afraid to display a little bit a little bit of edge personality-wise. He's got the right to as one of the best college football players of all time. I also wouldn't be supprised if he took a little advice from Swearinger, i.e. you walk the walk and there's nothing wrong with talking the talk when appropriate.
GetemGamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #43
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
espiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his claws
Cool Re: Clowney : a brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
You are lying. I doubt you could sit behind him and still see the movie.

He was on his phone, talking loudly and cracking jokes during a movie? Well, I guess he just dropped into the second round. For the sake of Clowney and his family, please don't share any more of your "stories"...that'll only serve to hurt his draft stock more.
Haha, I'm sorry you have trouble believing me. And I was surprised I could see the movie still, but then I remembered that a normal auditorium has an incline.
espiritujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #44
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

This world is doomed bro..
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #45
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Character is overrated.
I'm not comparing him to Alfonzo Dennard but that guy beat up a cop and is starting in the NFL.

Clowney will be the number one overall pick unless its a team that is in desperate need of a QB and wants to pick that player First (Johnny Football maybe?)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #46
espiritujo
Walk On

Male

espiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his clawsespiritujo is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Character is overrated.
I'm not comparing him to Alfonzo Dennard but that guy beat up a cop and is starting in the NFL.

Clowney will be the number one overall pick unless its a team that is in desperate need of a QB and wants to pick that player First (Johnny Football maybe?)
This. Exactly. I wasn't saying that he wouldn't be a brand name because I didn't like the way he acts, I was just saying that I didn't respect him for how he acts.
espiritujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #47
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
1. his foot will be fixed as soon as THIS season is over
2. I really hope you're not saying he'll catch the injury bug
No, I didn't mean that at all. Just saying it's football and even if he were to have some kind of minor injury, like his foot this year, that wouldn't keep a team from taking him number 1. He doesn't look like he has a foot injury at all to me the way he is playing right now. Didn't Mario Williams have an injury when he was taken number 1? That's all I meant by that. And I know there is no such thing as a "minor injury" cause they can get worse over time. Just an expression.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #48
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life

Male

gamecocks2210 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Character is overrated.

Has their ever been a RS Sophomore picked #1 in the draft?
gamecocks2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #49
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Bottom line is I hope he does become a brand name cause that would mean he is making the jack and I feel he would put some of his money back into our football program to help keep us as close to elite as possible for many, many years.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #50
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks2210 View Post

Not sure but Clowney is not a RS.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #51
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
Or how butthurt they get when someones using a phone in a movie theatre da*n criminals!!!
I took a bitch's phone right out of her hand at a movie and gave it to the manger in the lobby. Gal was screaming at me the whole way. The manager told her that she could get her phone back after the movie or get it now and leave. She got her phone and left. I got an ovation when I went back in the auditorium. The manger gave me free passes for me and my date too.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #52
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
No but at the Rate QBs are getting picked I wouldn't be surprised.
Larry Fitz was a true Soph and picked 3rd overall, he petitioned to the NFL to let him because he went to prep school a year after HS. (Rule only states you must be 3 years removed from HS)

#LukeForMod

Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #53
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
I took a bitch's phone right out of her hand at a movie and gave it to the manger in the lobby. Gal was screaming at me the whole way. The manager told her that she could get her phone back after the movie or get it now and leave. She got her phone and left. I got an ovation when I went back in the auditorium. The manger gave me free passes for me and my date too.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #54
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Not sure but Clowney is not a RS.
Yea I was talking about Manziel. He's a RS Freshman now and is probably going to win the Heisman this year.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #55
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Can anyone imagine what the newspapers would look like had this guy tried to do that with Clowney? haha
Old 11-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #56
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

FWIW, Andrew Luck would have been the first overall pick had he left after his RS Sophomore year (Panthers had the first pick) but he stayed for another year.

#LukeForMod

Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #57
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBGCock View Post
And that awkwardsness. Can't forget that.
Irony alert!
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #58
lilcocky2004
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 687
lilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by espiritujo View Post
True, and that's why I didn't bother making a topic about this earlier. As a fan, I didn't want to make a scene about it.

To respond to HUGEGARNETCOCK: Not sure where you got that. I am a student at South Carolina and I love my Gamecocks, but I just wanted to point out that I don't have respect for certain people, no matter how good they are at a sport.

To respond to U-Dub Gamecock: If I'm what you define as jealous, then I guess I'm jealous of having the lack of decency to whip out my phone to check at all my friend requests during a movie theater.
my ? to you is if it bothered you so much why didn't you move yourself???
lilcocky2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #59
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Quote:
Yea I was talking about Manziel. He's a RS Freshman now and is probably going to win the Heisman this year.

Manziel is a RS? I thought he was a true freshman, the media acts like he is a true freshman. Shows you how much I pay attention to A & M.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #60
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcocky2004 View Post
my ? to you is if it bothered you so much why didn't you move yourself???
Probably because he spent an hour before the movie trying to find the perfect seat that faces the screen at an angle that is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation, nor so far wide to create a parallax distortion.