CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
uscgamecocks88
Bobby Boucher
spareparts
scfastpitch
Lonnie
Karl Childers
JerseyBird
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7818)
Sindarius Thornwell (743)
Best Child Acting Pe (455)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (338)
Well gameday just go (331)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (302)
Happy Birthday, Coac (270)
South Carolina @ Aub (196)
Unsung Hero (178)
Your most famous twi (159)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Spring game 2024
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Softball takes final game
Burger Kings angry whoppe
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli

Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Clemson Game-PI call Ace Wanted

I couldn't tell from the replay, but there was an incomplete pass to Ace Sanders in the endzone and he was wanting the ref to throw the flag. Didn't even look like he was anywhere near the ball.

Anyone know why?

Thanks

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in
Default Re: Clemson Game-PI call Ace Wanted

by the way Ace was acting I would have loved to have seen a good replay of that play.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i didnt see because they didnt show a replay and i havent watched the game again, but i speculated at the time that he was held or interfered well before the ball arrived.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his comb

Thanks for bringing that up. Ace never complains and the pass was so far off that he had to be held early. Kept waiting for a replay that didn't come.
scfanohio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

there was one angle where it could be seen but it was only shown once and you had to be looking for it...the db jumped in front of him right as he starting turning out to go to the corner and it knocked him of the route. in college it is usually called because the defender is playing the player rather then the ball...however these refs let that one go and then called PI on two plays where the defenders weren't playing the receiver at all but actually made 2 outstanding plays on the ball - both of which were bogus...SEC refs are struggling most weeks right now and in my opinion slive should be held accountable
Old 11-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
Joe
Recruit

Male

Joe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his claws

I thought it looked like he got held a little bit coming out of his break but they never did show a replay of it.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

I DVRed it and you can see it best on the live play. He was hooked around his waist/ribs right as he was leaving his break. The result was the slow Clemson defender got a big momentum jump and it slowed Ace down. Otherwise Ace is standing in the back of the endzone with the ball before the Clemson defender gets there.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

FWIW, I thought there were 2 or 3 PI calls we should have gotten in that game that weren't called, and a couple of the ones that were I called (against CU) I thought were questionable. Seemed like the refs were all over the place with PI in that game.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Yeah the refs were terrible both ways. That was probably the most holding calls I've ever seen in an SEC game. Most of them were iffy and had no impact on the play. Legree's PI call was terrible and so was at least one of the PI calls against the Clemmers. I almost felt bad about bringing that crap officiating to someone outside our conference.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

If it's the play I'm thinking about, Ace got held/bumped causing him to stumble and not be able to make a play on the ball. Happened right in front of where I was sitting and I was shocked they didn't throw a flag on it. Even the taters around me said they got away with that one.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Contact while the ball was in the air
Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

He actually got an arm around his neck that threw him off the route coming out of the break.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

he got knocked off his route the db grabbed his jersey when he tried to readjust to where the ball was going to be ...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #14
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I will agree...awful calls for both sides.
But there were three missed PI calls that would have helped us.

A lot of missed holding on both sides, but man did we ever get caught in the worst places.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I thought it looked like he got held a little bit coming out of his break but they never did show a replay of it.
This...Clemson DB grabbed his arm just enough to slow him down and throw him off his route...prevented a TD because without that grab, Ace catches that ball in the corner of the end zone.

Should have been a flag.
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #16
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
FWIW, I thought there were 2 or 3 PI calls we should have gotten in that game that weren't called, and a couple of the ones that were I called (against CU) I thought were questionable. Seemed like the refs were all over the place with PI in that game.
Yeah...there was at least one more committed against Ace that should have been flagged.
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

I've slowed down DVR and gone frame by frame. It looks like Blanks(think that's his name) hooks Ace and has a hand right by the number on the front of his jersey. You can see the obvious change in momentum for both.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
Scootsbama
Walk On

Male

Scootsbama has hatched from the shell

He was held on his break on the play.
Scootsbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #19
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Well, they were SEC refs, so a 60% success rate's a given.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Its all about how the talking heads see it. E$PN said it was terrible calls the defenders have a right to the ball. ESPN even said if you look at the last few seconds of one of the plays, it looks like Clemson was the reciever. The problem is you can't do that. The FOX replay guys said it was good calls. The problem is if you have to depend on ANY announcer to tell you what you saw and how to understand it, for you its to late.
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote