CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
usc90grad
cockybreeyan
spareparts
soccerguy79
Yearofthegamecock
18IsTheMan
cockyguitar
Cockypantherfan
A&M vent thread (17890)
SOS is pissed (8899)
Jimmies and Joes (2996)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Man of my word (no t (2325)
So, Dylan Thompson? (1940)
I'm not looking forw (1918)
Worst Beating since? (1769)
Just a friendly PSA (1584)
Good effort Cocks (1581)
Play for next year
Is anybody still optimist
A&M vent thread
Why Can't We Have Designa
Jimmies and Joes
Confused fan here. Why i
So, Dylan Thompson?
Good Game Cocks!
Square one ....
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #41
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Worried about Clemson

As a Clemson fan my ideal situation would be this:

Clemson, Miami, GT, and FSU all join the Big 12. Gives the conference the Miami and Atlanta markets along with adding two quality teams in Clemson and FSU. These teams and WVU along with any 2 of the current members could make one division. A Big 12 with Texas, OU, FSU, Clemson, Okie State, K-State, TCU, & Miami would have the potential to rival the SEC.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #42
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20258950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post

Clemson, Miami, GT, and FSU all join the Big 12. Gives the conference the Miami and Atlanta markets along with adding two quality teams in Clemson and FSU. These teams and WVU along with any 2 of the current members could make one division. A Big 12 with Texas, OU, FSU, Clemson, Okie State, K-State, TCU, & Miami would have the potential to rival the SEC.
Agreed. If you could pull that off, it would be a heckuva conference.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #43
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Agreed. If you could pull that off, it would be a heckuva conference.
It won't happen though. Haha wishful thinking and it makes more sense than any of this other nonsense flying around.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #44
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

I would not be surprised at all if this happens
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #45
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Never say never.

Crazy shit going on these days.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #46
simpsde
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
simpsde has hatched from the shell

Quote:

Yall thought the same thing when you added The U and VT to the ACC....how did that work out for you?
simpsde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #47
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Maryland is the guinea pig right now. If the ACC's buyout fails in court, look for the ACC to fall apart quickly.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #48
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Well word is they have contacted the SEC about joining. No matter what we say, if Mike wants FSU & Clemson in the SEC then theyll be included.
Mike Slive is more about harmony, consensus and unanimity than he is about dictating what he wants. He has already portrayed his vision which is to not expand in any states where they already have an SEC footprint. It is ALL about money and adding to the geographic footprint, along with well-recognized programs and universities. ATm and Mizzou were the perfect choices for the first wave.

Clemsux, Louisville, GT and FSU add NOTHING to the conference and would only seriously disrupt the harmony that exists. See the Big 12 or EZZ for conferences that lack harmony.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #49
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

The only way Taterville Tech joins the SEC is in their dreams.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #50
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm starting to get worried that Clemson might really have a shot in joining the SEC. Rumors are that Clemson is in talks with the SEC as we speak. I understand the TV marketing strategy but I think the SEC learned their lesson with that after allowing Mizzu in.
TV is exactly why Clemson has no prayer. SC is a pretty small TV market to start with and having us already locks it up. Think about it. What 2 games are you always going to watch if you are home to watch? Us and Clemson. Same is true for them. It only matters to the SEC if you are tuning in, not who you are pulling for. Fla. St. and Ga. Tech have a similar problem but both are bigger TV markets so they could have a slim chance.

Adding Clemson would add almost nothing in ratings. Why piss us off and go through headaches for that?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #51
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:

Didn't the ACC say the same thing about Miami, FSU, BC, VT that they would better the conference in fact the ACC went downhill after they joined
Old 11-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #52
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

BS
Old 11-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #53
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Didn't the ACC say the same thing about Miami, FSU, BC, VT that they would better the conference in fact the ACC went downhill after they joined
I wonder if the ACC drug these teams down because it was bad in the first place. At least the Big 12 is decent.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #54
woodscock
Blue Chip

Male

woodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPitwoodscock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Well word is they have contacted the SEC about joining. No matter what we say, if Mike wants FSU & Clemson in the SEC then theyll be included.
Wrong, the member universities would vote to allow or not to allow another school to join. It isn't up to Mike soley.
woodscock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #55
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
South Carolina doesn't want to allow Clemson in.

Georgia doesn't want to allow Georgia Tech in.

Florida doesn't want to allow Florida State in.

Collectively, they work together to make sure their main rival doesn't get in. Clemson isn't getting in. As far as I'm aware, you need only one veto, a system that I expect to remain in place precisely because of the situations above.
The folk in Athens do not want CU. They are closer than Columbia. That is not a huge population area to begin with...The state of Florida could probably support two SEC teams due to population. FSU and Miami are in the same conference as it is.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #56
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Quote:

So you're saying you want to play West Virginia every year....LOL. you dont want that i thought 70 points hurt enough the first time.oh wait its clemson yall like getting butt raped
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #57
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Clemsuck brings nothing to the SEC it doesn't already have ! FAIL!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #58
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm starting to get worried that Clemson might really have a shot in joining the SEC. Rumors are that Clemson is in talks with the SEC as we speak. I understand the TV marketing strategy but I think the SEC learned their lesson with that after allowing Mizzu in.
And exactly where did this revelation come from. If this were to happen, half the donors at Carolina would stop giving, permanently.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #59
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:

This is a very likely scenario.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #60
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodscock View Post
Wrong, the member universities would vote to allow or not to allow another school to join. It isn't up to Mike soley.
Slive has no authority to allow any school to join. Could he lobby on their behalf, sure, but that would create such hard feelings, I think he would be fired.