CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ReadR00ster
Gamecocks1137
A. Pilgrim
kingofnerf
PageUSC
taylorssc
Spurticus
thekob
gamecockgal
Juco QBs? (2058)
How do you want Aubu (1722)
Auburn/USC point spr (1681)
If the Head Ball Coa (1136)
Whenever I Get Depre (827)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (671)
To ANYONE complainin (655)
Does South Carolina (619)
Tennessee Game Time (466)
Peyton Manning break (290)
Juco QBs?
Mike Davis Stiff Arm
Name a Gamecock
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic
Auburn/USC point spread
To ANYONE complaining abo
Final 4 Predictions
How do you want Auburn to
2014 Garnet and Black Wor

View Poll Results: Shaw or Thompson?
Shaw 165 51.24%
Thompson 157 48.76%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #81
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

This reminds me of the current situation in San Francisco.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #82
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Still, it's good to have options. So many programs don't even have a true #1, much less 2.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #83
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Gosh there's just not even a question it's Thompson.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #84
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
Gosh there's just not even a question it's Thompson.
really????? no offense to you or anyone else specifically, because i was a little pissed when i wrote this for another thread. but i think the over all point is the important thing, so here is something i posted in another thread, that i think is fitting to re-post here:

"here we have a hall of fame coach, who not only actually played qb, but won the heisman doing it, and coached other heisman qb's while winning a national championship. he says connor is the starting qb, because connor gives us the best chance to win, has done it time and time again against great defenses and has a 15-3 career record as a starter. and just to put an extra foot up the ass of this ridiculous push for dylan over him, connor has a way better qb rating (even though he played against much harder defenses) and a much, much better completion percentage. hell, dylan, while playing against terrible defenses, barely has completed 50% percent of his passes.
with all of that said, and in contrast to a hall of fame coach, and all of those accolades, the brilliant internet sports board dweebs, think they know better, and want to claim thompson the better qb and the starter.
wow! there are sheep that can out-wit some of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #85
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

all im sayin bout dylan...

Justice dropped 2 great passes

Dylan threw 4 passes to NJones that were 1 ft too low and were ruled incomplete based on hitting the ground. He can fix the issue of throwing the ball a lil too low in curl routes. this isnt a big problem.

If he can fix these issues above... he would have had a hell of a game
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #86
JQ94
4-Star

Male

JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Still, it's good to have options. So many programs don't even have a true #1, much less 2.
Yep, starter doesn't do much to lose many games but the backup just wins
Old 11-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #87
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Dylan also steps up in the pocket instead of taking off running
Old 11-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #88
CockyTim
Walk On

Male

CockyTim has hatched from the shell

Here is my take.

The reason we beat Clemson so convincingly was the amount of plays we had in the second half versus Clemson. Clemson's defense had to be on the field for considerably more time, wearing them down and making it easier on our offense. The reason for this is Tahj Boyd and Clemson's offense contantly seeking out the homerun.

If your team's offense scores in less than 3 minutes, that just puts your defense back on the field making their job harder. If you can sustain a drive, and inch your way down the field this has a tremendous impact on the game and makes sure that your defense is thouroughly rested.

Connor Shaw is a better quarterback at sustaining long drives consistently, due to his legs. I am going with Shaw.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #89
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
Dylan also steps up in the pocket instead of taking off running
That impresses me a lot. Gives the routes a little time to develop, then steps right up into the face of the gnarly trenches and delivers downfield. True QB.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #90
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
really????? no offense to you or anyone else specifically, because i was a little pissed when i wrote this for another thread. but i think the over all point is the important thing, so here is something i posted in another thread, that i think is fitting to re-post here:

"here we have a hall of fame coach, who not only actually played qb, but won the heisman doing it, and coached other heisman qb's while winning a national championship. he says connor is the starting qb, because connor gives us the best chance to win, has done it time and time again against great defenses and has a 15-3 career record as a starter. and just to put an extra foot up the ass of this ridiculous push for dylan over him, connor has a way better qb rating (even though he played against much harder defenses) and a much, much better completion percentage. hell, dylan, while playing against terrible defenses, barely has completed 50% percent of his passes.
with all of that said, and in contrast to a hall of fame coach, and all of those accolades, the brilliant internet sports board dweebs, think they know better, and want to claim thompson the better qb and the starter.
wow! there are sheep that can out-wit some of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Well that wasn't very nice. Excuse me for thinking that the guy with the best arm, the best vision, the best height, and adequate athleticism would make the best starting quarterback. Our offense with Dylan runs so much more beautifully. It's actually spurrier's offense, not some Mangus-hyped hybrid where there is no flow. 119 yards for ace, 7 catches for Bruce, 310 yards through the air on the road, nick jones actually making an appearance. But don't listen to me, Baah Baah, I'm about as useful as a sheep. (By the way, I've been for thompson ever since ecu. I rejoiced when I found out he'd be starting).
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #91
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Kaepernick has had success against good to great NFL defenses. Thompson has had decent games against mediocre to terrible college football defenses.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #92
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Connor...all day!
Just as posted on the other threads...Connor is proven against good teams...Dylan hasn't proven that yet...he has played 2 of the worse D's we have played in years...and while i give him props and respect for a job well done in them...it still isn't what Connor has done against bad D's
Aren;t LSU and Florida good teams?

Dylan hasn't beaten them, neither has Shaw, but he has beaten the teams he has been asked to play against.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #93
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Kaepernick has had success against good to great NFL defenses. Thompson has had decent games against mediocre to terrible college football defenses.
and we will never know what he can do against a great D until we start him. Considering we only face 2-3 of those a year... thats difficult.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #94
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Someone remind me, how did Thompson do when he was put in against Florida?
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #95
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

Nice to have a backup that can not be referred to as "green" anymore. Thompson looks more and more comfortable in the pocket with every appearance. He looks more at ease going through his progrssions than Shaw, BUT, at the end of the day it should be Connor. Why? Because I don't attend practices and that is who SOS has picked every game when healthy and that's good enough for me.

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #96
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
Do you mean this year when he had zero reps in practice and after we had spotted them 21 points from turnovers initiated by our 'starting' QB?
to come true." Bodhi.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #97
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Do you mean this year when he had zero reps in practice and after we had spotted them 21 points from turnovers initiated by our 'starting' QB?
Nah, I mean when he went up against an SEC defense, one of the best in the country, and what he'll most likely see week in and week out? Not a pansy ass ACC club
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #98
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Nah, I mean when he went up against an SEC defense, one of the best in the country, and what he'll most likely see week in and week out? Not a pansy ass ACC club
So, you are saying that he played Florida sometime other than this season? I don't recall that...
to come true." Bodhi.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #99
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
werent we down 21 points when he was? not a really fair comparison... AT ALL
Old 11-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #100
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Shaw was returning punts and kicks?
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote