CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Garnetnblack99
CockyLifer
2000grad
kingoftheroost
CoverTwo
b381l
Cockhornleghorn
ZenUSC
Morris to SMU (3053)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1460)
Carolina on a Walmar (878)
Game simulation (667)
Clemson fans (597)
Penniless: Creed's S (408)
Have we been favored (231)
Origin Sale Too (201)
End of the aTm / LSU (166)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Clemson fans
End of the aTm / LSU game
Morris to SMU
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Have we been favored in e
Name a Gamecock
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
4 tix together for USC/Cl

Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #61
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit
Default Re: Ellis Johnson was just fired apparently

Florida State needs a new DC now that Stoops is bound for Kentucky

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #62
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Georgia Tech needs a DC too
Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #63
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

UK, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, NCSU, and FSU all need DC's.

He'll find work.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #64
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

CockyCash: 500
GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
Georgia Tech needs a DC too
Tech needs a DC badly...and anything is better that what we had.

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #65
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Sad to hear it, he shouldn't have trouble finding work though
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #66
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1012824
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I didn't expect great things from them this year, but nowhere near as bad as it ended up. I guess all the tater rejects as assistants di hurt him. And to be honest, the couple of times that I talked with him he didn't seem to have much of a personality. He's a pretty decent position coach and will land a job somewhere if thats what he wants.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #67
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

He will probably wind up at clemson coaching somewhere on defense.

I got to say that would not be the worst move for either party.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #68
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

My better half thinks USC may have nudged him out the door. I still think the Jeep Hunter trade was strange. We essentially traded positional coaches. Doesn't his wife still have her store in Columbia?
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #69
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

He will end up at Clemson... He is a tough recruiter and the sc high school coaches love him
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #70
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

SM used 5 different qb's this year. Many teams don't even have 5 qb's. That's pretty much not having a clue.

Ellis was a hell of a recruiter here and I don't want to see him at Clempson, but I always thought he was a little on the arrogant side in his interviews, always as if he thought he knew better than Spurrier.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #71
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Ellis to Ark as DC... bet on it

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #72
Slacker USC
OG

Male

CockyCash: 705
Slacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Slacker USC

As long as he doesn't go to Clemson, I don't care what he does.

He's got a 2.1 million buyout, so it's hard to feel too bad for the guy. He doesn't have to work anymore if he doesn't want to.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #73
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker USC View Post
As long as he doesn't go to Clemson, I don't care what he does.

He's got a 2.1 million buyout, so it's hard to feel too bad for the guy. He doesn't have to work anymore if he doesn't want to.
thats what I say.... like i said yesterday ... i dont know his age .. but i know he is getting up there... i would just pack it in and just move back to charleston and catch the rays ..

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #74
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He might need to sit out to get the full buyout. That's why guys stay out after they get fired sometimes.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #75
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

there was alot more turmoil there than many know..there was a reason why fedora left. ej was in an bad spot.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #76
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

With the money he's made at this point, I'd be sitting on my dock in Hilton Head if I was him.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #77
landlocked
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2000
landlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudly

Interesting...

Southern Miss gives home game to Nebraska, gets $2.1 million needed to buy out coach | Dr. Saturday
By Frank Schwab
Dr. Saturday

(US Presswire)Southern Miss pulled off a trade with Nebraska that really doesn't jibe with the romantic and antiquated notion that college athletics aren't all about the money.
Southern Miss secured a home game in its three-year scheduling contract with Nebraska. The Golden Eagles fans, and players, had to be excited about that. But, a coach needed to be fired and bought out. And, according to Deadspin , Southern Miss agreed to let Nebraska host that 2013 game for almost exactly the amount of money that it needed to give coach Ellis Johnson when it fired him.
Deadspin, citing a letter between the schools' athletic directors that was dated last week, said Southern Miss agreed to transfer the home game to Nebraska for $2.125 million. The school had to pay Johnson $2.1 million when it fired him after an 0-12 season.
The Deadspin story -- which is a long and fascinating read on the various problems USM's athletic program has had lately, just one year after finishing 12-2 and ranked 20th in the final AP poll -- says that Southern Miss had already begun the process of selling the game to Nebraska before it fired Johnson. It apparently just worked out to about the same amount.
Business wise, this is the right decision. It trades one game in order to balance the books on a failed coach, and the Golden Eagles can move on without that hanging over their budget. It also avoids taking money from the university to pay it off. But, it does reinforce that above all else, college athletics is a pretty straightforward multimillion dollar business.
The Deadspin story said USM will get an allotment of 350 tickets for the Nebraska game. Quite a beneficial trade for Southern Miss' fans.
landlocked is offline   Reply With Quote