CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
ReadR00ster
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
doubledribble
kingofnerf
Fight, win, kick a-- (1163)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (935)
The Gator Bowl wants (906)
CFN prediction for a (885)
Why I'm hopeful abou (844)
USC will upset Aubur (748)
A simple defensive l (712)
What happened to thi (665)
Ranking Top HC jobs (481)
In-state QB talent (471)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Cann tipping plays?
Holiday desserts
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why is everyone anticipat
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &

Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #21
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material
Default Re: Local news says Lattimore is going to the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
all this proves is that we was gone regardless
Not true.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #22
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

id love to see him in garnet and black again one day but if he does go pro im completely fine with it, i will pull for him no matter where he goes

but the panthers need to cut one of our overpriced RBs and could use him lol
Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

I hope he gets drafted and gets the chance to play and take care of his family. He was a great running back for the U of SC. I thought he maybe should have waited until next year to declare, to keep his options open, but I guess he's following the same track McGahee did.

I was Watching Thomas Davis play (LB) for the Panthers last night. Guy has had 3 acl operations, and he's playing great for Carolina. I hope Marcus can come back and do the same somewhere in the League.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #24
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Love to see him back in here in 2014 but I guess he's going to roll the dice and see if any teams will take a chance on him. It's a gamble but he and his family probably figure if he does get injured again, better to get injured trying to get into the NFL instead of college. Hopefully, he rehabs and never suffers these types of injuries again and has a nice, long 5-10 year career. Then come back here and be a coach.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #25
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacitynate View Post
I hope he gets drafted and gets the chance to play and take care of his family. He was a great running back for the U of SC. I thought he maybe should have waited until next year to declare, to keep his options open, but I guess he's following the same track McGahee did.

I was Watching Thomas Davis play (LB) for the Panthers last night. Guy has had 3 acl operations, and he's playing great for Carolina. I hope Marcus can come back and do the same somewhere in the League.
He can take care of his family quite well. If he never plays another down for us, he'll leave here worth millions thanks to Lloyds of London. I got this straight from the medical staff.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #26
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

This would probably be the smartest move for him. I hope he still gets highly drafted.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #27
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

Go get your NFL rehab and $. You worked hard enough for it and deserve every cent. Thanks for being a great example for every student athlete out there. I wish you could have been playing against the taters the past 2 years. And the bowl games

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #28
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Good for Marcus. Best of luck in your career.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #29
gamecockbythesea
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 266
gamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spurs

I am so glad to read all of the positive messages. If Marcus is leaving, I too wish him only the greatest of success at the pro level. Heck, I might even watch a pro game if he was playing.
gamecockbythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #30
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I can't say that I blame him. But the thought of never seeing him in a Gamecock uniform again has to be depressing for a lot of us. Even if he had stayed four years it still would have been the same after his senior year. He is just amazing to watch. Maybe the Falcons will take him and we can get to see him every week. To be honest I would love for him to be a Panther as well, but the thought of him playing on the same team as Scam makes me want to puke.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #31
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

I know he loves South Carolina and that South Carolina loves him but this is more than likely the right move. I'd hate him to risk coming back and all of this happening again and he misses out potentially completely.

Now my only hope is that a good team (Patriots, Packers, etc.) gets him.
#1TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #32
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
He can take care of his family quite well. If he never plays another down for us, he'll leave here worth millions thanks to Lloyds of London. I got this straight from the medical staff.
That's good to hear.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #33
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

I'm waiting to hear from a more reliable source. If true, it must mean his injury is not as bad as we all expected and they want him to be able to rehab with the best facilities and doctors in the nfl. Good luck marcus!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #34
go cockssssss
Recruit

Male

go cockssssss is learning to peckgo cockssssss is learning to peck

I don't think this is smart. He should sit out next year entirely and rehab and then show out at the combine and he will go higher which means more money. He will get taken this year by someone but in a low round most likely whereas if he has a good showing at the combine next year he could go higher rounds. He won't be playing for anyone next year most likely so I think it's smarter of him to wait a year. Marcus is a good kid but when you are 21 and have a family you want to take care, the difference in a 4 mil contract to that of a 1 mil contract is immense which is why I think he should wait but whatever Marcus Lattimore does for the rest of his career or even life, I will support him 100%.

And please don't say but that's what McGahee did, McGahee was a senior and had no choice but to go pro.
go cockssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #35
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
What do you mean?
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #36
GarnetLady81
Walk On

Female

GarnetLady81 has hatched from the shell

We are very proud of Marcus and we hope he excels in whatever path he decides to take. We are praying for him everyday and know he will make the right decision.
GarnetLady81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #37
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

CockyCash: 9975200
TrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPit

Bitter sweet....thats about the only adjective I can come up with. I love that kid to death and wish him NOTHING but all the best. SO DAMN PROUD he chose to dawn garnet and black and that we can call him 'one of our own'.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #38
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

He's got to do whats best for him, probably a 2nd rounder at best or a possible landslide. Runningbacks don't get drafted that high anymore especially those coming off back to back major knee surgeries. I do not believe this until it is reported by a very reliable source. HBC said on Lattimore Day he was coming back, Latti made a video hinting on a return, until he declares then I will believe it.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #39
A-Cluckwork-Orange
Optimist

Male

A-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his comb

Anyone else surprised at this news?
A-Cluckwork-Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #40
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

If its true, thanks for the memories. I've been excited about you ever since Davis handed you that hat.
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote