CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
75CarolinaFan
b381l
Aggie96
U-Dub Gamecock
Regalcock
uscjeremynca
gamecockgal
TAFC 5 1981
Sidney Rice Retiring (1245)
Dan Patrick Show - P (578)
ESPN Insider (499)
Pictures of older Co (411)
SOS Dominating SEC M (249)
Bonefish Grill (242)
Places to eat in Con (241)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (191)
This Song is the F'i (179)
What Are The Most Im (161)
Predict Clemson 2014
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Georgia Defensive returni
Jake Coker
Green and Lammons
Another A&M aggie off
Texags

Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #21
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Why I want UGA to win the SEC and the National Championship

UGA winning the title would be absolutely terrible for us. If Bama wins that it is no different than it has been in the past 5 years. If UGA wins then that just gives them one more thing to recruit against us with. No Gamecock fan should want UGA to win anything.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #22
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

When's the last time we had a 5 star recruit from Georgia come here & play?
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #23
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcocky View Post
Because they're in the East, because Bama has more championships than any team should be allowed, because I live in Atlanta, but really bc my gamecocks embarrassed them on a huge stage! This is the only consolation I can get out of seeing them play in the dome Sat night. Since we demoralized Clemtech once again, I can now live with them playing for the SEC. And I can't wait to return the favor next year. Who are you rooting for Sat?
If they win the National Championship, nobody is going to say who was that team that beat them. Their winning can't possibly help us.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #24
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If they win the National Championship, nobody is going to say who was that team that beat them. Their winning can't possibly help us.

If it helps the SEC..........it helps us. I can't see why you don't understand that reasoning.
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #25
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
[/b]

If it helps the SEC..........it helps us. I can't see why you don't understand that reasoning.
Using you logic I guess there is an indirect benefit for us with them winning the NC. But we recruit very well in Georgia and if they win, that has to help them with recruiting and hurt us....and you know that kind of thing is really going to give them a big boost with many of the GA recruits. Read what FlorenceCock said above, he's got it exactly right.

Another example, then you must think Kentucky winning the NC is going to help us in basketball.....wrong. Frank Martin is the only thing that is going to help us win in basketball.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #26
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
[/b]

UGA winning the BCS would hurt us WAY more than it would help us by helping the SEC. It would be absolutely horrible for UGA to win the BCS for our program.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #27
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I live in Georgia, too, but I'm a Georgia Tech fan. I do not cheer for UGA. Maybe when they play Clemson, but that's about it.

My daughter is a student at Alabama so ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #28
GetemGamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Because they're in the East, because Bama has more championships than any team should be allowed, because I live in Atlanta, but really bc my gamecocks embarrassed them on a huge stage! This is the only consolation I can get out of seeing them play in the dome Sat night. Since we demoralized Clemtech once again, I can now live with them playing for the SEC. And I can't wait to return the favor next year. Who are you rooting for Sat?
With respect to recuiting, we are competing with Georgia and their in-state talent way more than with Alabama and theirs. It would be nice to say that we whooped the SEC champion, but not if we lose many future recruits to them.
GetemGamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #29
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

I would MUCH rather Bama win the SEC and the national championship. That being said, I can live with Georgia winning both. We beat the crap out of them this year, beat them last year, beat them the year before.

The most important thing is that the SEC wins the national championship again. Better Bama than Georgia but the national championship must go to an SEC school again.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #30
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

I hope the entire uga football teams wiener's fall off...not really...but seriously..i hate uga
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #31
wncmountaincock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 758302
wncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot material

Notre Dame could beat Georgia, they can't beat Alabama. Besides, I freakin hate those damn bulldogs. So by default, roll tide, damn it sucks saying that.
wncmountaincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #32
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

We have already had one recruit flip and others possibly influenced by UGA success the last 2 years. They "backed in" to the east last year but won it outright this year. Add into that the hype they are getting about the NC contenders and it spells recruiting pressure. These kids all want to be going to the "hot program"...we have been a hot program but UGA is stealing a bit of the spotlight....I won't root for them. Let Bama rep the SEC, they will destroy ND and we still get benefit of playing for the NC conference. To me more downside to UGA winning it than BAMA.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #33
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

^This, I feel like Bama will trounce ND but they could sneak out a win over uga on a bad night, Bama is more consistent and all around better, I want to see the best SEC team in the 'ship
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #34
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

It's better for us if Bama wins, which they will.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #35
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
We compete with UGA for just about all of our recruits. Bama not as much. I'm not a fan of Bama but I'd rather them win it than UGA.

Plus we destroyed UGA. Why should we root for them when they're stealing our spotlight?

This. Any of you pulling for UGA are short sighted and obviously don't follow the recruiting threads that much.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #36
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Oh, I love stirring the pot, but mainly I just wanna be able to say that we beat that a$$ so it eliminates all shit talk from the start. Either way I want the SEC to beat Notre Dame all day. I am so tired of hearing about how great Manti is.

You can already say we beat them badly. I have no clue why them winning the NC would help your argument there (as you indicated in your OP). Re-think this because so far your logic does not make a whole lot of sense. UGA is our #1 rival in the SEC for a reason.

To me your post is only one step better than saying (like last year for example) "I hope Clemson wins a BCS game because we can say we beat them badly and it will make the State of South Carolina look good." Totally forgetting they are an arch rival and it would hurt our recruiting.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #37
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

Quote:
This is a very questionable post to be coming from a well informed GAMECOCK fan. You realize we battle UGA for ALOT of the recruits we get right? A Championship would be enough to put UGA on the top of all the recruits' commitment list that we are fighting for. Spurrier has worked his tail off to narrow the gap between Carolina and the traditional powerhouses like UGA, Florida and Tenn in the East. Luckily, Tennessee fell apart on their own, BUT UGA and Florida still consistently recruit at a higher level than we do every year. By them winning the SEC and/or National Championship, the gap that we have been working so hard to close begins to open up once again! This is why we HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO CAPITALIZE ON OUR SOFTER SCHEDULE NEXT SEASON. Next year is the best opportunity we have to win the SEC.

GET DOWN WITH THE CLOWN
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #38
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
When's the last time we had a 5 star recruit from Georgia come here & play?
Mike Davis was a 5 star recruit when he signed last year lol
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #39
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
I live in Georgia, too, but I'm a Georgia Tech fan. I do not cheer for UGA. Maybe when they play Clemson, but that's about it.

My daughter is a student at Alabama so ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer Give Em Hell Alabama!

hey Jawga, they gonna beat the hell outta you!
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:35 AM   #40
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
To hell with UGA
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote