CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
BiscoCocky
COCKYTALKIN
l^l^lBGCock
black_magic85
BlueHerons
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
rolinb1
Acockolypse Now
Spurrier: Davis May (5874)
Devonte Holloman Ret (1542)
an apology (1228)
Our players and the (966)
Aggie looking forwar (768)
Cockaboose Owners (744)
Article on Shaw & (705)
First "Carolina (668)
JD & DJ Getting (610)
I'm thinking we're g (422)
First "Carolina Call
and the #1 2014 acc must
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Your SEC Standings Predic
JD & DJ Getting Love
New Sign at Williams Bric
VPN service recomendation
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
I'm thinking we're gonna

Old 11-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #21
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Les Miles to Arkansas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Arkansas AD is getting Miles a raise. Kinda funny, if you want to screw your rival, offer their coach a job, they'll be out more money and it'll strain the AD-coach relationship.

Genius!
True. But LSU giving Miles a raise is less of an impact on them than Auburn paying Chizik's buyout is on them. Although if this really does happen, LSU might just call their bluff.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #22
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
Les is not really accepted at LSU
I know many fans that adore him. My good friend is a former D lineman. Maybe he is not Saban, but it's the next best thing, I guess. I see Michigan as his prize. It will be interesting to see how these schools fill the vacancies. I have not followed this in the past, but this seems like a huge number of jobs. EJ will be interesting to follow. Now his team joins the list.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #23
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Arkansas AD is getting Miles a raise. Kinda funny, if you want to screw your rival, offer their coach a job, they'll be out more money and it'll strain the AD-coach relationship.

Genius!
lol this was my initial thought too. Could backfire though, it'll be hard to tell the coach that they actually intend to hire that they aren't going to pay him anything close to what they offered Les
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 AM   #24
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Wonder how that offer compares with Saban's deal at Bama. Damn college football coaches are getting crazy money these days.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #25
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons View Post
that is a lot of $6 hotdogs
You mean cirndogs?
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #26
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons View Post
that is a lot of $6 hotdogs
Corndogs!
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #27
wholelottacock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
wholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his claws

shite now I want a corn dog. Looks like I'm getting outta bed and steering my cold truck towards the nearest Circle K at 2am.
wholelottacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #28
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
lol this was my initial thought too. Could backfire though, it'll be hard to tell the coach that they actually intend to hire that they aren't going to pay him anything close to what they offered Les
Not really, unless that coach has multiple SEC titles and a national title.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #29
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

I'm tired and this is getting old and crazy. Lets just bring Danny Ford back and get it over with

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Doesn't he make like $5 million a year now at LSU?

I wouldn't hire him. He seems like more of a CEO type coach that recruits great and hires good coaches around him, which works.

I'd go after Malzahn and get EJ as D coordinator.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #31
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
You mean cirndogs?
cirndogs for everyone
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #32
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Doesn't he make like $5 million a year now at LSU?

I wouldn't hire him. He seems like more of a CEO type coach that recruits great and hires good coaches around him, which works.

I'd go after Malzahn and get EJ as D coordinator.
He makes 3.75 right now. Almost a 2 million dollar increase per year at Arkansas.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #33
metalspoon96
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4425
metalspoon96 is sharpening his clawsmetalspoon96 is sharpening his clawsmetalspoon96 is sharpening his clawsmetalspoon96 is sharpening his clawsmetalspoon96 is sharpening his claws

Wow this shows Arky is ready to shell out BIG money! Hope we are like this when Spurrier leaves...
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #34
bustedcock
Walk On

Female

bustedcock has feathers coming inbustedcock has feathers coming inbustedcock has feathers coming in

Arkansas has denied offering Miles.
bustedcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #35
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Which means he said no.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #36
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
I'm tired and this is getting old and crazy. Lets just bring Danny Ford back and get it over with
Is Sparky Woods looking for a gig, you could get him for cheap.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #37
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Calling BS on this rumor. ARK wouldn't offer a coach they know they had no chance of getting. Petrino gave ARK enough egg on their face.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #38
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Hell Chad Morris gets 1.75 mil at clemson. Coaches are getting Pro money!!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #39
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

No way this happens.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #40
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

How about Dabo- You guys could probably lure him away. Just tell him you are the Alabama of Arkansas.