CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
RGHoskins
Master Bedroom
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
ccured
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
Fight, win, kick a-- (1438)
The Gator Bowl wants (1095)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1089)
A simple defensive l (832)
USC will upset Aubur (824)
In-state QB talent (671)
Texas athletic direc (422)
This is War (399)
SEC Debate: Best can (366)
Which loss hurt wors (307)
Texas athletic director:
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Cann tipping plays?
Rest of the season predic
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent

Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb
Default Congrats Brandon Isaac

I'm not sure how widely known this is amongst the CockyTalk crowd, but I didn't see a thread about it, so here goes...

Up in the CFL, our Brandon Isaac is a member of the Toronto Argonauts, who just won the Grey Cup. So, congrats to him on that! It's nice to see any of our guys win a pro championship, even if it is up in the surreal CFL.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Congrats Brandon Isaac

Nice stuff and thanks. I did not know this.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 AM   #3
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Thanks for the info! Congrats to Brandon.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #4
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Congrats to Brandon....it's a shame the way they dealt Cory Boyd, cutting him when he was their leading rusher, or he'd have been a part of that too.....his replacement wound up being the Grey Cup MVP....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 AM   #5
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

Here's what I mean about the CFL being surreal, by the way.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #6
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

after what Toronto did to Boyd I was hoping they wouldn't win it.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #7
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

i don't watch CFL but watching that clip I realize I probably wouldn't have an idea about what was happening.

but congrats to Brandon on the championship. :)
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #8
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

i always thought that he had potential but just had injury prbs
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #9
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

USC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his comb

Boyd apparently got picked up from Edmonton after Toronto, and just got released from them too in October. Even after leading the league in rushing.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #10
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Paratrooper View Post
Boyd apparently got picked up from Edmonton after Toronto, and just got released from them too in October. Even after leading the league in rushing.
he got picked back up by Edmonton recently
Old 11-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #11
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

USC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
he got picked back up by Edmonton recently
Ah I stand corrected. Nice
Old 11-28-2012, 03:38 AM   #12
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

reading some articles quoting Boyd about his whole situation up there this year.

TOTAL class act. don't really know anything about the CFL, so I don't know of the egos up north, but everything Boyd has said about the whole situation has been very classy.

Quote:
Before anyone can make that judgment on Sunday, Boyd’s presence will depend on Reed’s decision on whether he plays against the Argonauts at all.

“It’s up in the air, but I think that’s a good thing for the team, not knowing who is going to play,” Boyd said. “You get the best out of your players on the practice field because everybody’s trying to show the coaches who deserves to be out there.

“It’s ultimately always a coach’s decision on that.”

Between coaches and GMs, Boyd has done a painful amount of sitting this season for a back who gained 1,359 yards rushing in 2010 and 1,141 in 2011.

For those who have ever wondered why people say football is a great game but a hard business, look no further than the curious case of Cory Boyd.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #13
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Congrats to Brandon...we're all happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
after what Toronto did to Boyd I was hoping they wouldn't win it.
As much as l like Cory, it was a good move for them.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote