CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
sporkgod50
StormOfTalons
b381l
Rooster'srule
Lonnie
auslander
Elcid99 (1860)
Tennessee (1191)
PSU drops a prospect (986)
Erin Murray's brothe (759)
Question on Student (673)
Bad movies that are (546)
John Abraham DUI (474)
Camp scheduled relea (443)
Mizzou WR suspended (355)
Rokevious Watkins cu (244)
SEC Recruiting Advantage
An Aggies View of the Mat
BBBRRRUUUUUCCCEEEE!!!!
Question about tailgating
Green and Lammons
John Abraham DUI
Official SEC Network and
Clemson, Auburn home and
Mizzou WR suspended for s
My predictions for 2014

Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Damario Jeffrey

Solid player who contributed everywhere he was asked to. Hope we have more like him to fill the void he leaves behind. Thanks DJ for being a Gamecock.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #22
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphilip View Post
Is it me or has he really under performed to his hype coming out of high school? Coming out the dude looked like an absolute beast, I thought he would have been a force since day one. I guess that's just depth and better recruiting.
Yes, it's just you. For future reference, if you like starting threads like this you should really just go over to FGF. You'll have about 200 old guys who will readily agree with you and you can discuss it all day long.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

him and chris payne both visited clemson and actually committed to clemson together during that visit ... 2 weeks later they said they felt they made a mistake and then both decommitted and both ended up committing to SC... Chris Payne never made it to campus.. and as we know what we have had with Damario.. I love this kid... he has been solid... Im happy he saw the light and played his ball here...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #24
gamecockphilip
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1450
gamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPit

lol @ everyone who thinks i'm bashing him
gamecockphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #25
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

CockyCash: 9975200
TrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPit

I work with DJs grandad and have followed him since Middle School. Something to know about him is he has NEVER....EVER had an issue with work ethic nor heart. Injuries held him back to an extent last year and with the depth we've had at LB, playing time has been tough to come by.

There are some Gamecocks that contribute FAR BEYOND the gridiron...DJ is one of those guys. He spends ALOT of time with youth and having a huge family, hes nothing short of a rock star and Marcus Lattimore type role model to kids in both the Columbia area as well as the Augusta area. "Look what you can do if you if you work hard and stay in school" is immeasurable and DJ provides that.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #26
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
lol @ everyone who thinks i'm bashing him
You didn't realize that questions and criticism are akin to you wishing the player died in a fire? I think some people around here would still blindly back a player even if the player smacked their mother.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #27
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGarnet View Post
I work with DJs grandad and have followed him since Middle School. Something to know about him is he has NEVER....EVER had an issue with work ethic nor heart. Injuries held him back to an extent last year and with the depth we've had at LB, playing time has been tough to come by.

There are some Gamecocks that contribute FAR BEYOND the gridiron...DJ is one of those guys. He spends ALOT of time with youth and having a huge family, hes nothing short of a rock star and Marcus Lattimore type role model to kids in both the Columbia area as well as the Augusta area. "Look what you can do if you if you work hard and stay in school" is immeasurable and DJ provides that.
That has nothing to do with this football career. He can be a great guy and still not produce. No one is bashing him at all, much less based on his character.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #28
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

TrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
That has nothing to do with this football career. He can be a great guy and still not produce. No one is bashing him at all, much less based on his character.
DId I say he was bashed? Did I say I was defending his character? Work on your reading comprehension.

I simply pointed out the intangibles that DJ has provided BEYOND the football field during his time at Carolina, which added to the post of the original poster. Not ALL contributions are on the field or can be measured....thats all.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #29
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Good people can make Great atheletes

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #30
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Is it me or has he really under performed to his hype coming out of high school? Coming out the dude looked like an absolute beast, I thought he would have been a force since day one. I guess that's just depth and better recruiting.
Its you.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #31
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky_Knight View Post
I think he's had solid career. Had a couple of injuries that hampered him last year.

This. He by no means been a disappointment or bust. He could have played better at times this year but from his freshman year to his senior year he has been a steady guy for us making plays. I consider him one of the building blocks to where we are now. No issue with his play at all.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #32
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

Quote:
DId I say he was bashed? Did I say I was defending his character? Work on your reading comprehension.

I simply pointed out the intangibles that DJ has provided BEYOND the football field during his time at Carolina, which added to the post of the original poster. Not ALL contributions are on the field or can be measured....thats all.
So you mentioned something that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP? I don't think he was hyped out of high school based on his contributions to the community. And as far as Carolina football goes, pretty much all contributions are on the field and can be measured. I love that these guys are part of the community and help out, but that doesn't mean squat on Saturdays.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #33
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

Quote:
So you mentioned something that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP? I don't think he was hyped out of high school based on his contributions to the community. And as far as Carolina football goes, pretty much all contributions are on the field and can be measured. I love that these guys are part of the community and help out, but that doesn't mean squat on Saturdays.
Then your EXTREMELY short sighted. To think that these kids being a positive role model doesnt help in recruiting to the football team you watch play "on Saturdays" is erroneous and flawed. I'm sorry that I happen to be able to see how this "means squat on Staurdays" and THEN some, whereas you cannot and thus DOES INDEED have everything to do with the OP. Theres multiple kids in DJs family who will be playing D1 ball over the next several years. They have their choice of schools....DJs bringing them home. Yep, that has ALOT of "squat" to do with the product you see on Saturdays. Again, sorry that you cannot see that.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Not making excuses for him but didn't he tear his ACL his senior year in high school? He's also fought through some injuries at Carolina. He was a hard hitter but just didn't have quite enough speed. It may have been due to the knee injury. If you want a better definition of a bust look at Mallicaih Goodman for Clemson. He was a high 4 star out of high school, was always healthy and never performed.
Absolutely. Mallaciah was the #1 recruit in SC according to Rivals the year he signed ahead of Stephone, Demario, Devonte, DJ, Alshon, and Sam Montgomery. He was very talented in HS. Clemson just doesn't have the coaches or the competition to develop the DL position.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #35
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

Quote:
Then your EXTREMELY short sighted. To think that these kids being a positive role model doesnt help in recruiting to the football team you watch play "on Saturdays" is erroneous and flawed. I'm sorry that I happen to be able to see how this "means squat on Staurdays" and THEN some, whereas you cannot and thus DOES INDEED have everything to do with the OP. Theres multiple kids in DJs family who will be playing D1 ball over the next several years. They have their choice of schools....DJs bringing them home. Yep, that has ALOT of "squat" to do with the product you see on Saturdays. Again, sorry that you cannot see that.
Wouldn't those kids just look up to DJ and come here anyway if they're family? I don't think they get all excited because he read books at a library 60 miles from their house. The majority of kids who are talented enough to play D1 football are going to care a whole lot more about facilities and coeds when they're 18 than they are some guy who read "Where the Wild Things Are" to them at 6.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #36
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

Quote:
Wouldn't those kids just look up to DJ and come here anyway if they're family? I don't think they get all excited because he read books at a library 60 miles from their house. The majority of kids who are talented enough to play D1 football are going to care a whole lot more about facilities and coeds when they're 18 than they are some guy who read "Where the Wild Things Are" to them at 6.
Look up to him? Sure. Would they do the things neccessary to 'stay in school' and mimic his work ethic from being "family" alone? Absolutely not. Some kids within his family, who have a world of talent, stepped out on WB for the first time this year. They didnt simply go to 'watch a game'. DJ went above and beyond...giving them sets of UA gloves among telling them "keep working hard and get good grades and YOU will be playing here". Thats just a VERY small exmaple of what I'm referring to. Those two kids looked at those gloves and kept them on their hands all the way back to Augusta. Nope, that impression WASNT just because hes a "family member".

The bottom line is(as part of the whole DJ discussion), the OP asked if he was an underperformer. That question had been answered NUMEROUS times. I added more to the discussion of what DJ has provided us in his 4 years here beyond the field....and he will continue to do so, after his cleats are hung up. Kids like that will effect the product we see on the field long after their 4 years are done.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #37
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

Quote:
Look up to him? Sure. Would they do the things neccessary to 'stay in school' and mimic his work ethic from being "family" alone? Absolutely not. Some kids within his family, who have a world of talent, stepped out on WB for the first time this year. They didnt simply go to 'watch a game'. DJ went above and beyond...giving them sets of UA gloves among telling them "keep working hard and get good grades and YOU will be playing here". Thats just a VERY small exmaple of what I'm referring to. Those two kids looked at those gloves and kept them on their hands all the way back to Augusta. Nope, that impression WASNT just because hes a "family member".

The bottom line is(as part of the whole DJ discussion), the OP asked if he was an underperformer. That question had been answered NUMEROUS times. I added more to the discussion of what DJ has provided us in his 4 years here beyond the field....and he will continue to do so, after his cleats are hung up. Kids like that will effect the product we see on the field long after their 4 years are done.
Glad to see you rode with them.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #38
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

Quote:
Glad to see you rode with them.
It just so happens that myself along with their grandad did just that.....smartass
Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #39
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

Quote:
It just so happens that myself along with their grandad did just that.....smartass
Sure you did. I hung out at Clowneys last night too.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #40
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

Quote:
Sure you did. I hung out at Clowneys last night too.
I've never 'hung out' with DJ. Sadly, all the years I've known his grandad as a coworker and friend, I've NEVER met DJ myself. Never shook his hand. Never claimed too. Keep reaching and result to smartass remarks. Its the crutch of those defeated in debate.