CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
gamecockgal
jellafever
kingoftheroost
A. Pilgrim
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (3170)
SEC QB's in the Red (1009)
Little know stat (We (1005)
Where do you like to (585)
We're going to the N (547)
Interesting quotes f (448)
Have you ever been s (418)
Amelia Earhart Plane (381)
Tennessee Offense Br (335)
This season and recr (260)
Interesting quotes from D
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
We're going to the NCAA T
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX
Have you ever been so wro
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr

Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit
Default ACC to add Louisville on Wednesday

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david...ay-morning.php

Seems like a smart move to keep football schools in ACC.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: ACC Likely to Add Louisville on Wednesday

Andy Katz on ESPN just now talking about it. He said the ACC schools would vote on them tomorrow. It had been reported than UCONN would take Maryland's place, but they aren't going anywhere. Also said UNC didn't want to leave the ACC unless they had to, so for now at least, they are staying put. Presumably they won't make that kind of decision until a huge event happens like FSU and/or Clemson goes to the Big 12.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

If this happens the ACC can shut the hell up about their vaunted academic standards.

A GED gets you into Louisville.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
If this happens the ACC can shut the hell up about their vaunted academic standards.

A GED gets you into Louisville.
You're exactly right. I still don't understand why they are taking Louisville instead of UCONN.....that makes no sense to me. Maybe because basketball, but UCONN is good too.

For them to even consider Louisville signals they think they are in trouble.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #5
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I wonder why Louisville wants to go down a notch in conference?
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Sounds like UCONN told them to go stuff it.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

I hope the ACC Commissioner remembers to negotiate the rights to the Big East logo, for after the transformation is complete! LMAO!

Invading stores now!!

CockyHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #8
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit
Default Re: ACC to add Louisville on Wednesday

It's official: http://louisville.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1442465
Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

i knew it. Very good move for the ACC.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Huge.. Louisville is up and coming in football, already a potential bcs team
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyhoskins View Post
I hope the ACC Commissioner remembers to negotiate the rights to the Big East logo, for after the transformation is complete! LMAO!
Maybe they should look into the Metro Conference logo as well. Louisville, FSU,GT, VT. Watch out Tulane may be the next member.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

sweet Kentucky will start whipping their ass now.

ACC vs SEC
UL vs UK
Wake vs Vandy
FSU vs UF
GT vs UGA
Clem vs SC

Need to get Tennessee on this whipping the ACC wagon everyyear
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Wish all conferences capped at 12 teams for that is the perfect number. However, I feel 16 will eventually be the norm.

I don't expect to see any further shake up until the Maryland $50,000,000 lawsuit is settled.

If I was the judge, I don't care who voted for that amount or against it, it would be difficult to argue that the amount is not punitive and excessive (3 years of the sports operating expenses for members of a financially struggling conference). For that reason, I feel it will trimmed down to $20,000,000 - $22,000,000 range as lesser amounts in other conferences were bargined down in the past. If so, that might give FSU and Clempson enough time to raise enough donations for such a matter to approach the Big XII for membership, money in hand. If FSU & Clempson approach the Big XII, they will be let in. That essentially kills the ACC and the VA & NC schools will approach the B1G & SEC for homes.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

All the ACC can do now is sit back and hope their $50 million lawsuit holds up in court. Because if it doesn't, schools will start bailing out of the conference faster than students at halftime.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #15
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Im surprised that the acc would add another basketball school to their conference...
Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
All the ACC can do now is sit back and hope their $50 million lawsuit holds up in court. Because if it doesn't, schools will start bailing out of the conference faster than students at halftime.
Agreed. I have a feeling FSU and maybe Clemson are just waiting for the outcome of that $50 mil exit fee dispute. It Maryland is able to skirt around it somehow, FSU and maybe Clemson will bolt to the Big 12.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post

ACC vs SEC
UL vs UK
Wake vs Vandy
FSU vs UF
GT vs UGA
Clem vs SC

We got NC St this year.

Would love to see us do a yearly rival game with VT.
Ericvol2096 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post

ACC vs SEC
UL vs UK
Wake vs Vandy
FSU vs UF
GT vs UGA
Clem vs SC

Is the VU and WF game a permanent thing now? I know they've played the last few years, but I wasn't sure if they had planned on doing it every year. Also, if they do plane on making it permanent, I think VU should try to make Wake their rival. Although I know that would be weird to force a rivalry. As for UT (I know you were sort of joking), who would they play?

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Huge.. Louisville is up and coming in football, already a potential bcs team
Louisville now ranked 23, 24 and 27 in the Harris, Coaches and AP.....they are unranked (not in top 25) in the BCS.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Louisville now ranked 23, 24 and 27 in the Harris, Coaches and AP.....they are unranked (not in top 25) in the BCS.
And all they have to do is beat Rutgers and they're headed to a BCS bowl.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote