CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
markp_vip
ReadR00ster
snruter amabon
sporkgod50
Gyle41386
Acockolypse Now
4gamecockfb
Lalli25
Spurticus
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (690)
Hope Springs Eternal (628)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
Byron the bunny...fe (439)
The #AskEmmert Q& (361)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
How to cut the musta (313)
Shameless self promo (239)
One thing I was glad (120)
Peach Bowl name retu (26)
Where will we be preseaso
2015 - Rashard Causey
Season Rankings Thread...
Victor Hampton Arrested
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Larenz Bryant update?

Old 11-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #41
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Why I want UGA to win the SEC and the National Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgamecocks1984 View Post
Mike Davis was a 5 star recruit when he signed last year lol
I don't think so.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 AM   #42
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgamecocks1984 View Post
Mike Davis was a 5 star recruit when he signed last year lol
He was 4* in all the recruiting boards.

GET DOWN WITH THE CLOWN
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #43
Gamecock Tom
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecock Tom has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcocky View Post
Because they're in the East, because Bama has more championships than any team should be allowed, because I live in Atlanta, but really bc my gamecocks embarrassed them on a huge stage! This is the only consolation I can get out of seeing them play in the dome Sat night. Since we demoralized Clemtech once again, I can now live with them playing for the SEC. And I can't wait to return the favor next year. Who are you rooting for Sat?
You're an idiot, why would you want your closest SEC rival to win the national championship? You do realize we have to recruit against those guys? Best thing for us is UGA looses SEC, pouts their way to a bowl and looses that too. We need to finish the year strong while they finish flat or down.
Gamecock Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #44
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Why I dont want UGA to win a national championship: Recruiting
Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #45
cockysousa
Battle

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
I will say I couldn't pull for ND in the championship game, no matter who they face.

I would have to hope the SEC won another title.
I'm with you. I would prefer Bama to beat uga by 3 TDs or more (hopefully dropping uga below us in the bowl pecking order). That being said, I DO NOT want notre MOTHER-LOVIN' dame and their little sense of entitlement to win anything... ever.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! - Dr. Seuss
cockysousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #46
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcocky View Post
Because they're in the East, because Bama has more championships than any team should be allowed, because I live in Atlanta, but really bc my gamecocks embarrassed them on a huge stage! This is the only consolation I can get out of seeing them play in the dome Sat night. Since we demoralized Clemtech once again, I can now live with them playing for the SEC. And I can't wait to return the favor next year. Who are you rooting for Sat?
A Georgia win in the SEC Championship Game and, god forbid, the Natty Championship, would dramatically impact the inroads Carolina has made in terms of recruiting in the state of Georgia and keeping (almost) all of our best highschool players instate. Putting aside the sheer volume of obnoxiousness of the Dawg fans for the next 25 years if this were to happen, the recruiting impact alone is enough for all Carolina fans to pull for Bama.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #47
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks4Life86 View Post
i believe if UGAs OLine can keep pressure off of Murray then he will just start pickin off Bamas secondary....
Murray has NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER, had a good game on a big stage in his three years in Athens, including his sorry performance in the Dawgs win over Florida this year (I was at that game and he made some very bad reads and should have cost Georgia that game but for Florida's 6 turnovers). So I do not expect him to play lights out in the biggest game of his career against one of the best defenses in the SEC. Expect mutliple blitz packages from Saban's boys and a few picks or fumbles from Murray. Bama wins this one 28 -17.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #48
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Paratrooper View Post
I kinda get when people say it would be nice to say we beat the national champs. But whatever...I live in GA and spent most of my life around UGA fans. My family is half UGA half Carolina. Luckily I was raised the right way. I will never root for UGA under any circumstances. Some of the worst fans in college football on top of that.
This!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #49
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
When's the last time we had a 5 star recruit from Georgia come here & play?
When is the last time we had multiple 4 star recruits come from Georgia to play for Carolina? Oh wait, that's right, every year ...
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #50
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Why I dont want UGA to win a national championship: Recruiting
My thoughts exactly ... We dont recruit against Bama near as much as we do with Georgia

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #51
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

You realize if UGA wins, it will be the first time the NC quarterback had his house egg'd and rolled by his own fans? priceless.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #52
JM1984
Blue Chip

Male

JM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurProsecutor View Post
A Georgia win in the SEC Championship Game and, god forbid, the Natty Championship, would dramatically impact the inroads Carolina has made in terms of recruiting in the state of Georgia and keeping (almost) all of our best highschool players instate. Putting aside the sheer volume of obnoxiousness of the Dawg fans for the next 25 years if this were to happen, the recruiting impact alone is enough for all Carolina fans to pull for Bama.

Yes, I work with UGA fans, and wow. One of them punches holes in the wall when they screw up. For my sanity, Bama has to win. Besides, isn't Bama our sister University.

SPURTICUS in 2012!!!
JM1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #53
flava03
Recruit

Male

flava03 is sharpening his clawsflava03 is sharpening his clawsflava03 is sharpening his clawsflava03 is sharpening his clawsflava03 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockysousa View Post
I'm with you. I would prefer Bama to beat uga by 3 TDs or more (hopefully dropping uga below us in the bowl pecking order). That being said, I DO NOT want notre MOTHER-LOVIN' dame and their little sense of entitlement to win anything... ever.
This.....

I'm pulling for Bama but if UGA some how wins then I'm a dog fan for one night. I can't stand the special treatment ND gets.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #54
KingCock1986
Recruit

Male

KingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCHARLESTONIAN View Post
I think Bama takes this one. Very similar teams based on talent, except Murray is nowhere close to McCarron on the big stage.

Murray is like, what? 1-4 vs. top 10 teams. I'm not sure how he managed to beat UF in Jacksonville but I don't see him beating Bama in the SECG.
Didn't UF commit 6 turnovers??? Maybe that is how they got beat! KC86
KingCock1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #55
Worm10
Nothing could be finer...

Male

Worm10 is sharpening his clawsWorm10 is sharpening his clawsWorm10 is sharpening his clawsWorm10 is sharpening his clawsWorm10 is sharpening his claws

I hate UGA so would never cheer for them. If you don't, go live in Georgia for about two weeks and you will think Clempson fans are harmless.

I have never understood why people love the whole SEC thing. Don't get me wrong I'm an SEC fan and would rather watch SEC football over any other, but why cheer for the rich to get richer? It's hard enough to compete with Bama, Florida, LSU, and Georgia for recruits, so why in the hell would anyone cheer for them to add another little crystal ball to their trophy case to show recruits? I get conference pride to a point. I get chanting SEC to Clempson, or even hoping the SEC does really well out of conference during the season to help with BCS rankings at the end. I get that, but to cheer for teams you recruit against is stupid. 10 years ago maybe this made sense to earn that national respect and to get the beneift of the doubt. The SEC has that now. They don't need to keep winning every national title to keep it (unless its Carolina of course).

Take Carlos Dunlap. He was verbally committed to Carolina. Florida wins the national title, and what do you know. He flips. So the whole time you were at home cheering on "your" conference, our recruits were at home saying, "damn I want to win one of those, I'm going there." Cheer for Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss State, Missouri, A&M, maybe even LSU because we don't usually recruit against them. The best thing that could happen to Carolina would be Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, and others get back to doing well to help take some of the top talent away from LSU, Bama, Georgia, and Florida. As long as they keep winning, they are going to keep getting recruits. With that said, I will be a huge ND fan in the championship game. For several reasons but 1) We don't live around them and have to hear their mouths and 2) We don't recruit against them (Golson aside).

To hell with Georgia.....

Georgia Southern Eagles

Worm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #56
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCock1986 View Post
Didn't UF commit 6 turnovers??? Maybe that is how they got beat! KC86

Yea, they had 6(I think 3 were inside uga's 10 yard line). It was an all-around ugly game by both teams. It's funny for uga's 1 "quality" win they just sucked less than the other team that day
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #57
ScottK
4-Star

Male

ScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCHARLESTONIAN View Post
I think Bama takes this one. Very similar teams based on talent, except Murray is nowhere close to McCarron on the big stage.

Murray is like, what? 1-4 vs. top 10 teams. I'm not sure how he managed to beat UF in Jacksonville but I don't see him beating Bama in the SECG.
Didn't Florida have 6 turnovers?

Edit - LOL I guess I should read the whole thread.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #58
wowo
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2100
wowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervous

No way I can pull for GA. I always try and think what could possibly benefit us when a game like this is played. If GA wins, we probably move ahead of A&M in the BCS. That would shut up my niece who goes there and talks smack about how good A&M is, but other than that I hate GA.
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #59
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm10 View Post
I have never understood why people love the whole SEC thing. Don't get me wrong I'm an SEC fan and would rather watch SEC football over any other, but why cheer for the rich to get richer? It's hard enough to compete with Bama, Florida, LSU, and Georgia for recruits, so why in the hell would anyone cheer for them to add another little crystal ball to their trophy case to show recruits? I get conference pride to a point. I get chanting SEC to Clempson, or even hoping the SEC does really well out of conference during the season to help with BCS rankings at the end. I get that, but to cheer for teams you recruit against is stupid. 10 years ago maybe this made sense to earn that national respect and to get the beneift of the doubt. The SEC has that now. They don't need to keep winning every national title to keep it (unless its Carolina of course).
This times a million. Screw everyone else in the SEC, they're all roadblocks to our future success. Conference pride is one of the stupidest concepts in college sports.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #60
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

NO NO NO NO a MILLION time NO! SCREW UGA!!!!

Why on God's green earth do you want them to win? Honestly, that's just stupid. UGA gets enough recruits and talent as it is. We compete with them every year in the East. We've owned UGA for three years. We kicked their #$# up and down the field all night. Now you want them to get a national title?!?!?

What the hell is wrong with you people????? UGA is a lot like Clemson but with a little more success and a Heisman trophy winner. Why any fan would want our SEC East rival to win a national title is beyond me especially when we gave them their only loss this year.

Quite honestly, this is dumb.