CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
ZenUSC
peterlemon
roosterdude21
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2562)
Morris to SMU (2240)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1346)
Carolina on a Walmar (795)
Game simulation (606)
Penniless: Creed's S (367)
Clemson fans (320)
Strategy First Steam (279)
Origin Sale Too (180)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Clemson fans
Constant Updates on Watso
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Morris to SMU
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
2017 - Savales Cann
Have we been favored in e
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Kerbal Space Program Game
Carolina on a Walmart com

Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #141
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker USC View Post
Everyone knows there will be absolutely no way he is ready to play at the beginning of the year, and most likely for the entire season. This is nothing new.
What's your point? I didn't say it was anything new just that this is the message that is delivered to recruits and the possibility of him entering the draft.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #142
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Local news says Lattimore is going to the NFL.

I would do whatever Mel Kiper Jr. said. HAH!
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #143
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537809048022286
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Is he gone? Lattimore to the NFL rumblings are getting louder.

http://garnetandcocky.com/2012/11/28...etting-louder/
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #144
ATLCock26
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
ATLCock26 is sharpening his clawsATLCock26 is sharpening his clawsATLCock26 is sharpening his clawsATLCock26 is sharpening his claws

If this is true, I agree with the move. I never thought we'd see Marcus on the field for the Gamecocks again, but thought he may wait until the 2014 Draft just so he could be healthy enough to work out for coaches, go to the combine, etc.

RBs have a limited shelf life. Everyone knows that. Whatever gets ML into the system fast enough that he will qualify for an NFL pension (on active roster/PUP list for 3 games of 3 seasons) is what I want for him. I know we all think Marcus will bounce back and be a strong runner in the league for years, but at a minimum I want him to be able to get that pension.

It's likely that the Lloyd's of London insurance policy that I have seen mentioned does not happen if he plays another down of football. McGahee forfeited his $2M policy after the 2002 NCG by entering the Draft.

Going pro will allow Marcus to get better access to trainers, rehab, etc. by not having to work around amateur eligibility issues. He will follow the McGahee route and rehab all of 2013 and be a rookie in 2014.

I'm not concerned about his draft status. If McGahee was a first round pick when he came out, there will be a team willing to take a chance on Marcus before the later rounds. Anyone who says he may be an undrafted free agent is out of their minds. This is a guy who was a guaranteed top 10 pick if he came out healthy this year. As I said, McGahee was a first round pick and his injury came in January of that year. Marcus' was in October.

Best of luck ML regardless of what you decide. I'll be buying a Lattimore jersey the day they are available. That being said, I'd prefer if you weren't drafted by the Saints or Panthers.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #145
cockybynature
Recruit

Male

cockybynature has hatched from the shell

When I blogged this on Monday before PK and some others several people told me I was crazy and that I was making it up.

Why wouldn't everyone in Gamecock nation want ML to go if HE WANTS TO? He has done everything he could while at SC to be the best he could be.
cockybynature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #146
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Im not selfish but I wanted a healthy full season for Marcus with a talented veteran team around him. Look what he did his freshman year if he had a healthy full year he could be heisman worthy. This hurts me because this man deserves all the hype and all the money the NFL has to offer and to be a 4th round pick or later is a disservice to this man. I hate seeing players like Scam newton and others being complete jackasses reaping the benefits and cant win to save their lives. I mean even Tebow was drafted 19th overall. Lattimore is a first rounder in my heart!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #147
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

You can tell he is loved by the Gamecock Nation- we have 4 pages based upon speculation.

Marcus Lattimore=My favorite Gamecock Ever.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #148
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I remember when lattimore was a senior in highschool he had a pic on fb of him in a jaguars jersey and it captioned it "LEAGUE IN THREE". I think it was inevitable he was going to forgo his senior year whether healthy or not which I completely agree with if that's what he ends up doing. At the end of the day though I just wish as all of us do that he was healthy. We're going to see 21 in the NFL though eventually, bank on it.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #149
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Lattimore did more in that freshman/start of sophomore year than what most could do in 4 in my opinion. Without him I doubt we'd be anywhere were we are now and probably around that 7-9 win range. Just my opinion but That win over UGA started it all, then bama then florida, etc. Just an incredible player.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #150
uscfan79
4-Star

Male

uscfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervoususcfan79 is making other chickens nervous

Rumblings are not true according to TBS. they have spoken to someone close to the family and says that Marcus and his family have not made that decision and actually have not even talked about it. Says that Marcus is concentrating on his rehab and final exams. They do say that he will probably put in his paperwork to hear what the NFL will say. But no decision has been made about his future.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #151
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

seemed like a little bit of BS from the beginning. Especially after he told coach "Tell them i'll be back" for his B-day rally. I support either decision though.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #152
gamecockphilip
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1450
gamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPit

I'm just glad I got to see his last touchdown vs Tennessee. I was sitting in section 2 about 30 rows up and it was just perfect to get to watch him get that score. First thing he did when he was in the end zone was point to God, and flip the ball to the ref.

Everything about that run defined Marcus. Love that guy
gamecockphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #153
Todescock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Todescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervous

I really don't think him going in the draft would be the best thing for him to do, and I've been a person that says he should go. I think he should rehab for a full year, and come back at the end of next year and play one or two games, maybe not even taking the bulk of the carries and go to the combine and do his thing.
Todescock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #154
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphilip View Post
I'm just glad I got to see his last touchdown vs Tennessee. I was sitting in section 2 about 30 rows up and it was just perfect to get to watch him get that score. First thing he did when he was in the end zone was point to God, and flip the ball to the ref.

It did. The worst part is he was really just coming back into form
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #155
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:

Everything about that run defined Marcus.
I've said the exact same thing before. Pointed up, flipped the ball, and hugged a teammate.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #156
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1015010
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:

Truth.

I was there as well.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #157
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Like everyone, I wish Marcus the best of luck. He's been through a lot, is one of the best characters in the game, and deserves whatever positive things he gets.

With that said, I am going to take a different approach to this.

I think it's a bad idea. From a NFL perspective, I wouldn't touch the guy. Honestly, he is 12 - 18 months away from playing again so if you draft ML, you basically are saying that your April pick won't see an NFL field in 2013. Nor do you even know if he is healthy. As an NFL team, I WANT to see him on the field again, healthy, running, cutting, etc. I think HE needs that year in college to get his confidence back and feel comfortable.

What if he comes back and realizes he is not what he was? Why would an NFL team waste a pick on a guy they don't know how he'll turn out and won't play in 2013?

Selfishly, I want him back. Objectively, I think he needs to come back. I am also a little disappointed in Marcus because of the words Spurrier stated at the rally. Marcus said he would be back and I believed him. If Marcus did tell Spurrier he would be back, I admit I am a little disappointed in him if this news is true. I feel a bit misled.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #158
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Like everyone, I wish Marcus the best of luck. He's been through a lot, is one of the best characters in the game, and deserves whatever positive things he gets.

I think it's a bad idea. From a NFL perspective, I wouldn't touch the guy. Honestly, he is 12 - 18 months away from playing again so if you draft ML, you basically are saying that your April pick won't see an NFL field in 2013. Nor do you even know if he is healthy. As an NFL team, I WANT to see him on the field again, healthy, running, cutting, etc. I think HE needs that year in college to get his confidence back and feel comfortable.

What if he comes back and realizes he is not what he was? Why would an NFL team waste a pick on a guy they don't know how he'll turn out and won't play in 2013?

Selfishly, I want him back. Objectively, I think he needs to come back. I am also a little disappointed in Marcus because of the words Spurrier stated at the rally. Marcus said he would be back and I believed him. If Marcus did tell Spurrier he would be back, I admit I am a little disappointed in him if this news is true. I feel a bit misled.
How can anyone be selfish about another persons future? What would you say if he came back, got hurt, and never got a chance to go to the league? At least your fancy was tickled right.. As for him saying he would be back..get over it. It was an emotional time for him. And maybe he meant i'll be back to play football again. Either way, there is no reason he should risk another injury without getting his shot in the NFL. To your point about a team taking him...it's a risk/reward scenario. A team could get a 1-2 round talent in the lower rounds
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #159
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post

My feeling is that there were some strong emotions talking in October and a strategy based on professional advice talking now.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #160
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
How can anyone be selfish about another persons future? What would you say if he came back, got hurt, and never got a chance to go to the league? At least your fancy was tickled right.. As for him saying he would be back..get over it. It was an emotional time for him. And maybe he meant i'll be back to play football again. Either way, there is no reason he should risk another injury without getting his shot in the NFL. To your point about a team taking him...it's a risk/reward scenario. A team could get a 1-2 round talent in the lower rounds
From an NFL perspective, I think the risk is too high. You get a guy who won't play in 2013 at all and you have no idea if he will ever get back to where he was. Sure, later round pick may be OK but not an early round one. I think I would want to see a guy play again to prove he is OK. That's just speaking from an NFL team perspective.

Selfishly, every fan on this board wants him to come back to USC. I am not saying anything that most other people haven't said. As for the rally comments, yes I do feel a little lied to. Will I get over it? Yes but that is how I feel right now.