CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
ccured
roosterdude21
U-Dub Gamecock
Thenardier
ucan'tlickourcocks
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
Stadium Ratings-Site (891)
NBA Wants to Up Age (574)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (505)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (463)
Construction of Worl (443)
Save Electricity By (390)
HELP calculating acr (324)
How Experienced In P (294)
40 Ways You Know You (265)
Salut Salon "We (119)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
South Carolina @ Auburn S
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Gamecock cheerleader with
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Where will we be preseaso
Kelcy and Vic questioned

Old 11-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #161
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb
Default Re: Local news says Lattimore is going to the NFL.

I just want Latti to be successful in whatever he does, and I know he will be. Whoever drafts him wil be getting a steal. Go Latti!!! Get that money, you deserve it!!
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #162
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 1861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

earliest he would go would be 4th round but probably 5 or 6. I think it would be best for him to rehab with a professional team. He has to be close to graduating anyway
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #163
rnecavs07
Starter

Male

NIT Bracket Champion: Awarded for taking first in the NIT Bracket Challene - Given for: NIT Bracket Champion 
CockyCash: 774
rnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to rnecavs07 Send a message via Yahoo to rnecavs07

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphilip View Post
I'm just glad I got to see his last touchdown vs Tennessee. I was sitting in section 2 about 30 rows up and it was just perfect to get to watch him get that score. First thing he did when he was in the end zone was point to God, and flip the ball to the ref.

Everything about that run defined Marcus. Love that guy
I remeber that as well was in section 2 with ya just on row 10 seat 21. If this ends up being the case, I don't think it is though, I will be happy and support it 100%. For now I wish the media would just let the young man focus on the rehab and exams, all he has done should have earned himself that right. He will let us all know in due time if its true himself. No need for a journalist to be the "first" to break a story like this. Marcus has deserves to make the decision and then tell Gamecock Nation himself, he has given us so much. Now its time to let the young man focus on getting better and school, what to do. Not hound him and his family on speculation of the guy doing what he thinks is in the best interests of his family.
rnecavs07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #164
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

If he goes, he wasn't going to comeback next year anyway. Zero net loss for us. RB is our deepest position.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #165
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

This has not been confirmed, pure speculation right now. If teams are interested he'll go.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #166
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
earliest he would go would be 4th round but probably 5 or 6. I think it would be best for him to rehab with a professional team. He has to be close to graduating anyway
I agree. I don't know if a team would use a pick before the 4th on a guy who may not even play at all in 2013. Its risk/reward...you're getting 1st round talent but not sure how he'll be when he gets back on the field. If a team has extra picks and doesn't need help right away at) I can see a team jumping on him.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #167
YankeeGamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
YankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his comb

He met with Spurrier yesterday. Looking like he's leaving unfortunately. With there not being very many RB's in this years draft it's hard to blame him.
YankeeGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #168
CockyBoiler
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 105882
CockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talons

Can't blame him at all. If he came back and had a 3rd knee injury he would almost be undraftable.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #169
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

This is the smart thing to do. I just hope he's a decent pick...considering his injury...in the draft.

I wish him nothing but the best!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #170
uscsec
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 92926
uscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his comb

Proud of this young Man!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #171
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Good luck to Lattimore...still stings to think that we were the team that put him back under the knife.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #172
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Hope he goes - first time ever saying that about a player. Best of luck in the NFL!

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #173
Worm10
Nothing could be finer...

Male

Worm10 is sharpening his clawsWorm10 is sharpening his clawsWorm10 is sharpening his clawsWorm10 is sharpening his clawsWorm10 is sharpening his claws

Can't blame him at all if he can get a decent shot. I don't think I would play another down for free.

To hell with Georgia.....

Georgia Southern Eagles

Worm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #174
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Get paid to rehab. Don't play another snap for free. W/ the right agent he could go early (2nd, 3rd round) a la McGahee. He is everything that is right about college football and, at the risk of melodrama, the world. Godspeed, Marcus. You're the most beloved Gamecock of all time.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #175
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Apparently he's been in the weight room already!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #176
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Never thought about him getting paid to go to rehab. Sounds good to me, Go get em Marcus!
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #177
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

I will always remember his first game against Georgia...when he broke like a hundred tackles..

we all know Marcus decision is in God's hands so...Thy will be done
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #178
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I think it would be best for him to rehab with a professional team.
Guess that's the logic behind going now...there are some teams that have more than 7 picks and could afford to take the risk. Put him on IR and let him rehab.
Agree with your post....4th or later..probably 5th or 6th...sux...he was certainly 1st or 2nd at one time.

He'll find a way to overcome and could wind up have a long career at the next level.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #179
gocockswyn
Two Deep

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I will miss him so much at USC but will have to keep up with him on the NFL level.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #180
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Lattimore will be my most followed/cheered for other than UT player in the pros. Can't wait to see him scoring TD's on Sunday's...he deserves it more than anyone!
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote