CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
nodnahs
Gamecocks1137
GamecockSuperFan
Master Bedroom
Lonnie
ktguen
StormOfTalons
garnet_black215
TRBTB
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1318)
Ranking the Opposing (1126)
Not a Rival.. (929)
Gamecock Coaches as (704)
NCAA Football 15 (425)
Clemson Recruiting.. (344)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (331)
Hello Gamecocks! (317)
Marching band (285)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (263)
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
NCAA Football 15
2015 - Mon Denson
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Clemson Recruiting...how
Dylan Engaged
Green and Lammons
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
Name a Gamecock

Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #181
Kazak
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit
Default Re: Local news says Lattimore is going to the NFL.

This is the right move for Marcus, and I thought it was a no-brainer from the instant the injury happened. I was actually surprised there was so much talk about him coming back here in 2014. It would be madness to risk another college injury.

I'll predict a 4th or 5th round selection. There's no WAY he lasts past round 5. There's too much potential value to be had in locking down a 1st round talent like Lattimore at that point in the draft. Many players selected in the 4th or 5th round are meant to develop for a couple of years before playing anyway. I think some team will be bold and snag him in round 4, but if that doesn't happen, EVERY team with a running back need will want him in round 5.

He may have to "settle" for the NFL minimum base salary for his first 3 years, with a typical 3 year rookie contract ($405,000 as a rookie in 2013, $495,000 in 2014, $570,000 in 2015 for a total of 1.47 million...not too doggone shabby), and he'll have a shot to earn multi-millions in 2016 if he becomes the player we all know he can be.

This is the smart move for Marcus and for his family. Best of luck to him.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #182
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Thought Spurrier said he was redshirting next year and returning for his senior year to get his degree

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #183
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Main thing is that we love Marcus and will support him in whatever decision he makes.

beak2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #184
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Thought Spurrier said he was redshirting next year and returning for his senior year to get his degree
i thought sidney rice said he was coming back.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #185
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I would imagine he'll get his degree regardless. I also don't put a lot of stock into everything that was said in the immediate aftermath of the injury. I think everyone was reeling and just trying to be positive (nor do I think anything definitive had been decided.)
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #186
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i thought sidney rice said he was coming back.
I thought Favre was going to retire and never play after the packers

Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #187
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Local news says Lattimore is going to the NFL

he should redshirt rehab, build his draft stock so he can get a higher contract. 2 knee injuries i doubt they draft him maybe free agent signing. hope we rehabs fast though
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #188
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

id be surprised if someone drafted him in the first 6 rounds
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #189
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
That'd work for me. As long as it's not CLEVELAND. Any place but there.
Dude what do you have against Ohio? It's a beautiful place. Great people too.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #190
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Didn't the river catch on fire in Cleveland??

Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #191
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

People heard what they wanted to hear after the injury. All that was clearly stated was that he would be back. I took that as he would be returning to football and wasn't going to stop rehab etc. Many seemed to think he meant he would be back with the Gamecocks on the team and would play another year.

I think many are reading way too much into small blurbs and second hand reports. Whatever he decides to do the road ahead isn't going to be easy and there will likely be other conflicting reports to come.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #192
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

So, where is that official report saying that he is DEFINITELY going???

Old 11-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #193
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
People heard what they wanted to hear after the injury. All that was clearly stated was that he would be back. I took that as he would be returning to football and wasn't going to stop rehab etc. Many seemed to think he meant he would be back with the Gamecocks on the team and would play another year.

I think many are reading way too much into small blurbs and second hand reports. Whatever he decides to do the road ahead isn't going to be easy and there will likely be other conflicting reports to come.
Probably due to what spurrier said, he should have worded it better apparently.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #194
eklypised
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

Dont think it would be smart to declare for the draft this year. He needs a year off to recover. Whatever he decides the year after, we will have to see. But I didnt expect him to play at all next year for any team.
eklypised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #195
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X View Post
Probably due to what spurrier said, he should have worded it better apparently.
All he said was Marcus texted me and told me to tell them that I'll be back. At that point, the severity of the injury was still largely unknown along with his potential to walk pain free. I took this to mean he would play football again. Other than that, people read into it what they wanted...including Spurrier.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #196
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Sauerkraut Balls
Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #197
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

I want Marcus to do whatever is in his best interest! If he wants to go pro than I thank him for everything he has done here at Carolina! Can't wait to watch him on Sundays, hope he has a long and successful career!
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #198
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
id be surprised if someone drafted him in the first 6 rounds
See my earlier comments on this from an NFL perspective. Speaking strictly as an NFL team (which I'm not but I'll pretend to be a GM for now), no way I'd use a high pick on Marcus when 1) he won't play in 2013 and 2) I don't know how good of a RB he is going to be
Old 11-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #199
TroubleCock
Blue Chip

Male

TroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his comb

He will be missed. I'm guessing the injury and some coach talk helped with the decision. we have a nice injured stable of backs some will never shine if ML comes back.
TroubleCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #200
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
Sauerkraut Balls
I tried them when I was in Cleveland and like I said back then, they were awful. We went to one of those sports bars and they had them fresh and they were awful. They gave me an extreme case of gas. I understand now why Cleveland is a toxic waste dump because the population eats those things which produces a digestive HAZMAT event two hours later.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote